“Awsome! ”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Awsome! ”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Great place to eat! Food and service are both first class. Best meal I've had in Queensferry in a long time! Would definitely recommend to anybody looking for for some good honest food in a chilled and relaxed environment.

1 Thank Hulk1995

“Very pleasant”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Tried this out after I read a few positive reviews here, and I am glad I did - I can now see why it gets positive reviews. The place is immaculate, the staff are very friendly and the service is quick too without a compromise in quality. I came in for lunch and it's fair to say that it serves good honest, pub grub - I had a burger here that was supplied by a local butcher, and it was very tasty, would recommend it to anyone who visits here, as you will get very good value for money.

In terms of the layout of the pub, I believe it would be great for holding functions and it would be first on my list in South Queensferry in terms of organising something like say a birthday party or a wedding anniversary party.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the Inchcolm to anyone visiting South Queensferry - a lovely little establishment which will last long in the memory (for the right reasons) after you leave

2 Thank Robert2601
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We chose to stop here for a late lunch/early dinner based on the reviews. I'm so glad we did - the staff are extremely friendly and the food was excellent. The pub is pet friendly and our dogs (we had 3 with us) were greeted with the same friendliness as we were. There was 4 adults in our party - we had a sharing platter to start with, each had a main course and we had a drink each as well. The bill came to £55 which is excellent value for money. We would have no hesitation in recommending this pub and will definitely be back.

Kirkcaldy Fife Scotland
“Family Lunch”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Having read all the good reports of this Inn my Wife and I arranged lunch with my Son and his fiancé. On arrival we noticed set tables for a function which left the rest of the Inn very Spartan but very clean but there was an evident lack of chairs to sit at the remaining tables however the duty waitress who was fabulous got us sorted and then the story gets better. We ordered drinks which were promptly served and then we ordered food which was amazing 3 burgers Aberdeen angus of course served on a wooden board with fries and salad and I had the fresh fish not a bone and also wonderfully presented on the wooden board with fries and salad and all we could say was mmmmmm fabulous. Bill for four including wine and 2 beers £54.00 very good value for money. Thanks to the lady who served us who was amazing and we will be back.

3 Thank thetaximan
“The Inchcolm Inn”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Having heard about this from a friend, I was quite keen to try The Inchcolm Inn at South Queensferry. There is a small amount of parking at the pub but it may be better to park closer to the library and walk up the hill.

The pub was clean and welcoming when we entered. We chose a table and the menu was on the table. There is a kids menu on the back and a nice choice of food for adults and children, without there being too much choice.

I chose Thai Green Chicken Curry. It looked quite small on arrival but was very plentiful and filled me quite happily. My dad had the beer battered fish and chips which came with salad and peas. He said his fish was one of the freshest he has had for a while. My mum had caesar salad with Piri Piri Prawns. I had a prawn and it was gorgeous and she managed to eat most of it despite a small appetite and said it was really nice and not lacking flavour like some salads can do.

The server was a lovely lady who took time to speak to us and made us feel right at home. The service was off a high class and the food was beautiful and hot and reasonable at £29 for 3 mains and 1 soft drink and 2 alcoholic drinks.

I would definitely recommend The Inchcolm Inn for lunch and hopefully get to try dinner and take the children along. The experience of Chris and his wife in the hospitality industry really shows in the way they have presented the pub with clean furniture and good quality high chairs for little ones. The likes of steak pie on the childrens menu is a winner for me too. I like places which don't think that children only eat nuggets and chips.

Definitely take time to try out this pub and it's beer garden.

• Visited May 2014