“Fantastic, a must visit”
Review of La Barca - CLOSED

La Barca
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

After reading reviews on trip advisor, I booked a table for our anniversary. From the moment we walked through the door it was a truly nice experience. Don't expect 5 star, just a warm welcome, good wholesome and very tasty dishes (generous portions) all at a reasonable price. The host/waiter gave excellent service and kept all customers perfectly served.
We really enjoyed our first visit and I can tell you it won't be our last!

1  Thank Chris P

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Ate here in between Christmas and New Year - we have been thinking of doing so for a while as under new ownership and menu looked inviting. Have to say we were not disappointed. Food and service were excellent - great risottos (fantastic bite on the rice), pasta and pizza. Some of us had coffees and some deserts and all were great - especially the tiramissu. Well worth a visit and the views of the Forth Rail Bridge are fantastic.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

"Once again visited what has now become one of my favourite restaurants. Food and service second to none, with the fabulous views of the Forth Bridges and river estuary. This is my third visit and I strongly recommend a visit here to sample the finest Italian cuisine I have eaten in Scotland. Top class."

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I had a fantastic meal here last night - the Christmas menu was fantastic both taste and value - the starter of lobster ravioli was truly delicious. The waiting staff coped admirably with our party of 20 ladies. This was my first visit and rest assured I will be back very very soon.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The lobster starter and the swordfish main dish were outstanding so much so that most of our party of 24 chose them. The ambiance, the view and the attention of the staff were second to none.