“Predictably excellent”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Once again visited what has now become one of my favourite restaurants. Food and service second to none, with the fabulous views of the Forth Bridges and river estuary. This is my third visit and I strongly recommend a visit here to sample the finest Italian cuisine I have eaten in Scotland. Top class.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

My wife & I have been here a couple of times since it's been taken over. We have always been warmly welcomed, despite turning up without bookings & on one occasion pretty late on in the evening.
We've both found the food to be good quality, served quick enough & just enough attention to be helpful rather than intrusive.
It's also nice to get the bill and be surprised that it's not more than you thought.
Would recommend to anybody who likes good food with a great view.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I recently visited La Barca with 13 friends and we all had a fab time. The portions were enormous, piping hot and delicious. This was the first time any of us had visited it since it had been taken over. Staff very friendly and accommodated our chop and changing of menu choices. It most certainly is somewhere I will visit again with my family and friends. It was great to see the place fully booked and buzzing.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Nice little place Took my Girlfriend here, Great food big portions great value. We finished the meal early. And the Staff let us sit there talking for a couple of hours wasn't asked to move or leave.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We booked a meal here after reading the reviews on here - but have to say we were really disappointed! The service was just OK, nobody asked to take our coats, and there was a bad smell - we think from the toilets - which met you on walking in the door!
The food was mediocre - we had garlic mushrooms which had little or no stuffing and were served with way too many on the plate and some were uncooked. I often have seafood risotto so opted for that on the Menu - but this seafood risotto was not great and was served in a funny tomato sauce which had a really weird taste, very artificial and sweet! My friend had Gamberoni which was also very sweet and the prawns were overcooked with a strange taste too...

3  Thank scotsgourmet