“Fantastic Little Cafe”

Ravenous Beastie
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Little Cafe”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I live in Cramond and love to venture to the Ravenous Beastie on a nice weekend morning so we can sit outside and have a breakfast roll and a Latte whilst watching the world go by. Delicious food, lovely waitresses and they always have a bowl of water for the dog and a friendly face. Highly recommended. We ate at the Orocco Pier on 7th August and it was the most dismal experience we have had and would never go back, it was a pity the Beastie was not open as we would definitely have taken our guest from down South there for some good food and service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you very much for you comments, they are gratefully appreciated. All comments posted are discussed at our regular staff meetings, good and bad. As we continue to strive to improve our service and facilities

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed July 10, 2013

we had a confirmed booking, yet were greeted with unfriendly disregard while the coffeshop was empty... oh ... and no room was available.

i had a business meeting 1 hour later so I asked if I could change somewhere. they offered me a toilet which had the size of my suitcase.

we politely requested to cancel the booking, we had even an argument.

no need to bother with this one. there are many more service minded B&B in the area.

Room Tip: anywhere else but here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ron r
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,
Yes, I am sincerely sorry that we were over booked by mistake, on your arrival last week. It is a situation we strive very hard not to happen, sadly it. However, I nor the two staff members or customers present at the time,remember any argument. All do distinctly remember a discussion taking place between myself, you and your lovely wife. Where I requested time to address the situation, which you agreed to give me, as you had a meeting to attend to in town. The tea room rest room is not adequate for changing in. After a short duscussion, in front of everyone, your wife said she would return after dropping you off in town to see what I could arrange.
Feeling really bad about the situation, I booked an executive double en-suite with a sea view, in a near by 4 star hotel with champagne in your room, paid in full on booking.
It should never have happened, I agree. However, I addressed the situation as we had agreed and in some way to try and compensate by including the champagne.
Your wife did return, as she had said she would, and advise me that you had booked elsewhere.
I hope you enjoyed your stay up at the top of the hill.
On the few ( 5 ) occasions, overbooking has happened over the last 20 years, I have relocated my guests always within the nearby vicinity and any extra costs have been carried by myself.
Once again I apologies for any inconvenience this cost you at the time
Kirkcaldy
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Although about to shut, were welcomed and had lovely 'all day beakfast' Several customers came in behind us and advised that they were welcome but may have to wait as only one person on site. Served extra tea and toast whilst waiting and meal very tasty and reasonably priced

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you very much ladies. I would hate to let anyone down and we try hard to please. It is a bit nerve wracking when so many people come in, all at the same time. Your understanding is gratefully appricated.
Fifield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Booked this room very cheap and had a lovely stay across road from wedding which i was attending at Orroco Pier. Room was lovely and clean. There is a cafe downstairs where I ordered one of the nicest steak n onion baguettes ever tastest which was delivered to my room for me to enjoy. There is a fridge in the room which was a nice touch. Breakfast in morning wax lovely. Had a great stay here.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank DonnaD1968
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you very much, your comments are gratefully appreciated and I will pass them on to my staff, to help encourage them to continue to strive to please ourr guests
England
Reviewed April 20, 2013

A b&b in a great spot just between the two bridges in South Queensferry. The rooms are a bit dated and could do with some refurbishment and a lick of paint. But I slept very well. Breakfast was excellent, smoked salmon with scrambled eggs was perfection. Parking is not a problem 5-minutes' walk away (for free). Warning! Their advert on booking.com website claims "Dalmeny Rail Station is within a 10-minute walk". That is not true. If you are fit and you run the whole way, you might do it in 10. Otherwise it takes 15-20 minutes. They should correct this information - I missed my train as a result of this fib.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Fidgetus
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments, they are gratefully appricated.
I must be honest, and admit I have tried in vain to enter the page to edit the question of the length of walking time to Dalmeny Station, and I no doubt will try again tomorrow. Giving up for today as I find it impossible to find.
The question of the decor, well the rooms are being re painted at present, personally by myself. So I am working my way through them one by one. Nearly there, though. Whether you appreciate the choice of decro is a personal one. I accept. I am doing the best, I think I can, as I always use a professional interior designer. I will never be able to please all, but I can assure all that no expence is spared in striving to actually try and do exactly that. Needless to say I will continue
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Had brunch in the cafe. Excellent food and service. Ordered a fry and waitress offered some alternative items to replace unwanted ones. Fry came with a hot drink and a glass of juice. Great place to stop off on our way to the airport at the end of a holiday

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank TingTing90
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments I am glad you and your friends enjoyed your brunch and especially the new mum feelling comfortable in bring her new baby into Ravenous Beastie. Young familys are always welcome.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My mother and I went for a trip to South Queensferry on Mother's Day and found the Ravenous Beastie. Was a little hard to spot however we went in a got a table. Staff we encountered were welcoming and friendly. The food we received was nice and averaged priced for the location. Cleanliness was good and the staff were quick to tidy tables. Service was relatively quick to our table. I would recommend you visit this little place, if I'm in town, I'm sure I will.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank TheJeromeShow
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I will certainly past your remarks over to our waiting staff at our next monthly meeting.I hope you will visit us again sometine in the future
Moira Cunningham
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Queensferry
Dakota Edinburgh
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,826 reviews
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Queensferry) Hotel
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Que...
#2 of 4 in South Queensferry
Hotel ibis budget Edinburgh Business Park
The Queensferry Hotel
The Queensferry Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Queensferry

Been to Ravenous Beastie? Share your experiences!