“A fantastic place to stay”
Review of Ravenous Beastie

Ravenous Beastie
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“A fantastic place to stay”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I cannot fault ravenous beastie. This is my 3rd time. It is in South Queensferry - which is not far from the airport and just by the forth/ forth road bridge. My flight got in very early, (8.30) and the owner kindly let me into the room early. I had my key by 9.20 and was able to have a litte nap before the day began. When i returned in the evening the room was toasty warm even though it was very cold outside. I asked about seeing the fireworks and she also emailed me giving details of an event locally.
The room was very good value, and RB is in a great location especially when travelling alone as south queensferry is very picturesque and a safe area. There are nice bars, cafes and shops around, There are great views of the bridge to be had once outside. I always stay at the back so i havent had views of the bridge and couldnt comment about that. If that is important to you you can get to pay 3 times more over the road at orocco pier ( a trendy bar/hotel) and frankly it just isnt worth it. Once outside you have views and nice walks a plenty . The breakfast over looks the cobbled street. I have never had a bad nights sleep at RB - i have never heard creaky floorboards or drunken guests wandering around at 3 in the morning because it just isnt that kind of place.
Access into edinburgh is by regular bus, 43, £3.oo return going about every 15 mins, and there is a night service N43. It is a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
edinburgh
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I booked this bed and breakfast not expecting too much as I normally only do hotels and four stars plus at that. We were attending a wedding in SQ and the hotel that was hosting it was full.

You check in through the cafe which also serves as your breakfast room. Our landlady took us up to our room at the top of the house - opened the door and WOW!

Five star accommodation at the top of a bistro! Every detail, from the way the towels were laid on the bed, to the toiletries in the bathroom was unbelievably and surprisingly perfect.

Moira, the owner was so welcoming and flexible - "Breakfast any time, you will be late home after the wedding, see you when I see you"

She served breakfast at almost midday, out on the terrace and it was fabulous. Will be back here. What a find!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We were one of two tables in this café yet still our food took an age to arrive.
The fruit pudding was missing from the veggie breakfast and we were only told that they'd run out when we asked why there were bits missing. Also, the three fruit juices never materialised despite us being charged the full price for breakfast.
Also, both the teas and the coffees were incredibly insipid (watering down one shot of espresso into a whole pot of coffee is unfathomably miserly and gives disgusting results!), something which we overheard other guests complaining about.
All in all, extremely disappointing - the next day we went to Picnic just down the road and it was much better!

Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank jongmassey
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Dear jongmasse
My sincere apologies for your bad experience in Ravenous Beastie. I work very hard to train all our staff the importance of attention to details, irreguardless of problems that are going on behind the scene, as happenied that morning with 2 breakfast staff members letting us down ( no longer with us) I am very disspapointed about your coffee/ tea as I go to great lengths bringing in the Coffee supplier trainers to train the staff and I am frequently reviewing our coffee quality.
I intend using your review as a training aid at our weekly staff meeting.
I hope that you will give us another try on your next trip to South Queensferry ( compliments of myself) with one of your friends as a gesture of goodwill and to allow you to experience Ravenous Beastie as you should hasve on your first visit

Kind regards

Moira Cuningham
Edinburgh
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed overnight here recently when attending a wedding in South Queensferry. Very clean and comfortable room and really tasty breakfast made with good quality produce. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Blairlass
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Very friendly welcome, helpful. My room was fine, comfy bed and i slept well. The breakfast was fantastic - home made pancakes with maple syrup. Very good value and I would definately return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Eloise001
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Truly magnificent! Excellent Staff, accomodation, food and location. Easy transport links, and excellent local shops in the area, with wonderful views of the Forth Bridges and boat trip too Incholm Island.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bagpiper79
Cookie065, Trainee Manager at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Pamandneil.

Thank you very much for your feedback as it is greatly appreciated. I will pass your comments on to our staff so we can further strive to be the best we can. We greatly value your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Joseph Harte
Trainee Manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Great reception even tho we arrived late. Room was more than we expected and the breakfast in the morning was exceptional. Two traditional breakfasts, toast, pancakes and bacon with maple syrup. Needless to say we left clean plates. We'll be back for another visit.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
The Queensferry Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Queensferry
Hotel ibis budget Edinburgh Business Park
Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel

Been to Ravenous Beastie? Share your experiences!