Tripadvisor
South Queensferry

“Good food, not the most enthusiastic staff”

The Railbridge Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Giving this restaurant 4/5 as been a few times and the food is really nice, but the waiting staff can be a bit hit or miss. Sometimes they are pleasant and attentive other times they just don’t seem to be too happy about being there or you being there.
However you go to somewhere for the food and that I can’t fault

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

I visited a month apart. Order the same Cajun chicken burger as I had previously enjoyed it however there was nothing Cajun about the burger my on second visit. Inconsistent. There was no glaze as described and hardly any taste despite the tomato and chilli sauce that had been put on the grilled chicken. The chicken was grilled nicely enough it was just very plain. There could have been more lettuce as well for the £15. I reckon the sauce was the sauce being used on the daily special Parmesan chicken. On questioning the waiter I was told I had the correct dish and that the recipe might have been changed about 3 months ago. This doesn’t make sense given I had been there only a month previously. My husband felt his main was ok. We left kicking ourselves having paid £30 for two lunches that we didn’t enjoy. Such a shame as I chose the restaurant. I could have stayed home and cooked a tastier lunch for half the price. We don’t eat out often partly due to experiences like this. Sadly, we won’t be back.

1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed January 12, 2020

Does a great breakfast. Has good coffee. Staff were all efficient and friendly. Views are pretty spectacular. Not expensive; about £9 for a large breakfast, £3 large coffee. Lots of free parking right outside.

Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on a wet December Saturday for lunch to avoid Christmas shoppers.
We decided to try the 2 course festive menu which was very good as was the service.
The Ox cheeks in particular were excellent very good flavour and very tender.
The view from the upstairs area was superb overlooking the Forth Railbridge.
Would definitely visit this restaurant again as we really enjoyed our first visit here.
Definitely recommended.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 11, 2020

Popular spot in South Queensferry with an amazing view of the rail bridge
Nice menu and equally good if you just want a coffee and one of the many tempting scones or cakes
Very good