We had a brilliant stay in this apartment – I would definitely try to book it again on a future visit to the area.
It is exactly as it appears in the photos: everything is in good condition, it was really comfortable, immaculately clean and everything in the apartment worked perfectly.
The owner, Lee, was really prompt in answering our questions when booking and just before we stayed.
What is not so obvious from the description:
• The location is fantastic. It is just outside the old town (which is lovely) and less than a minute from the shore. We enjoy walking and were able to walk from the apartment along the shore to some beautiful beaches and out into the countryside.
• We were within easy travelling distance of lots of other places that we wanted to visit. (The ferry to Inchcolm Island was particularly easy to get to - just a short walk away.)
• There is a free car park right next door. This is always busy with both locals and visitors who want to enjoy the views of the 3 bridges, but we were always able to find a space.
• The apartment has views of the churchyard next door and the 3 bridges, especially the rail bridge – the views of the rail bridge were much better than I expected from the photos I looked at when I booked.
• Given the location (especially how close it was to shops, car parking and the Forth Road Bridge), I thought it would be noisy, but it wasn’t – in fact it was pretty quiet in the apartment.
• There is a bus stop virtually outside the door, the trip to Edinburgh took around 40-ish mins (it was a fairly new service from Lothian, the 43 and 43X when we stayed). Dalmeny station is not far away with a regular service to Waverley, but we didn’t use that because the bus was so convenient.
• Scotmid Coop is a very short walk away.
• Queensferry has lots of places to eat out, but we also cooked in the apartment some evenings.
This was everything we wanted as a base to explore the area, highly recommended.
Close to lovely restaurants & take aways if staying in to eat.
Lee was great, answered my questions & was very helpful. Also, good to discover there was a free car park at the back of the apartment overlooking all 3 bridges.
Spotlessly clean & very welcome touches in the kitchen & fridge on arrival.
Would definitely recommend!
Great modern appartment with all the emenities you'd expect in self contained accommodations.
Very clean, modern, great location, very easy parking, good wifi, full kitchen and laundry.
Very recommended and Lee was very easy to deal with.
A great place to stay