“Great Stay!”

Arlington, Texas
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Hello,
Winnfield is home for my wife when we visit from Texas. The hotel staff is very accomodating and they go out of their way to make sure everything is o/k. The rooms are always clean with plenty of hot water. We always try to get the room with the frig and sink. I personally have two faults with hotel: 1) They have full beds vs. queen beds in the suite, and 2) They have short commodes. I am a big man and a longer bed and higher commode would be welcome. You can't go wrong staying here and I recommend it always over the other hotels in Winnfield.
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Rev. and 1st Lady

Room Tip: Ask for the suite.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Baton Rouge, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very small town, bring snacks with you, not really any place to eat. Only fried foods available at the few restaurants open. Not much to see or do, found 1 antique store which took all of 10 minutes to see everything.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hot Springs, AR
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Not sure how old the motel is but it has been around for a while. The room was clean but had an odor. Seemed like a sour odor from being wet? Not strong but after a while in the room I stopped noticing it. The bed was very comfortable. The sink and bathroom were nice. AC unit worked great. Nicely furnished with micro and mini refrigerator. There were several burned out and missing light bulbs but I moved some around and made it work.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul C
Dallas
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I could rate this a 4 but some people want more. A buddy and I were on a motorcycle trip and ready to call it a day. We were able to park just outside our door. There were some loud folks outside a nearby room but this did not last and they were very considerate. This place was just right. It appeared to be of the older style but very up to date, clean, friendly, safe, good price with a good place to eat as part of the building the office was in. A gas station was in the adjacent parking lot. So we tanked up, checked in, unloaded our gear, eat, and walked back to the station to get some beer for the night. Good place to spend the night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Internet worked great. They had a restaurant on site so I didn't have to search for a place in the dark. Don't bother stopping at the burger king in town. They were out of biscuits at 8:30 in the morning on a Friday

• Stayed February 2013
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was travelling to Winnfield for a funeral of a dear friend. I booked my hotel online in advance and was charged in full the very next day on my credit card. When I checked out I was given a paid invoice for a lesser amount than I was previously charged. When I asked the clerk about the discrepancy in the fee she could not explain to me why there was a vast difference in the previously billed amount and what was reflected on the invoice that I was given. Instead, I was asked for my telephone number and was told that the morning manager would have to call me back on tomorrow. I did not receive a call from the "morning manager" the next day so I called Best Western later that afternoon. The lame expaination given to me by the morning manager did not make any sense at all.

Now let's talk about the room...The brown water makes it look like someone went to the bathroom and didn't flush the toilet. Thank heaven for bottled water cause I was not drinking that nor brushing my teeth with that stuff. There was a large gap under the exterior door and the frame at the bottom. I had to fold up towels and place around the door as well as crank up the heat in the room in order to sleep that night. Overall, this was not a pleasant hotel stay experience. Furthermore, I would not recommend this particular hotel to anyone as a choice of accommodations. Nor will I ever stay there again. The only bright moment for me and this particular stay was the staff at Embers. They all were very nice and attententive to their guests.

Room Tip: Run Forrest run!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Winnfield Lodge? Share your experiences!