Nottoway Plantation and Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Magnolia Motel(Donaldsonville)
  • Pool
1,350 results
All reviewsthe main housethe cottagesmansion tourprivate pooltennis courtshoneymoon suitecarriage houserocking chairswedding weekendrestaurant staffbeautiful propertymississippi riverfront porchhot tubbreakfast buffetbaton rougesouthern hospitality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We enjoyed a nice stay in their cabins. Loved having the rocking chairs on the porch overlooking the pond and beautiful gardens. Restaurant was great as well as the house tour. Wasn't too crowded and we appreciated the peace and quiet.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

The kind people at Glenfield Plantation in Natchez told us on the phone to drive to Natchez from New Orleans taking LA Hwy 1. It is absolutely breathtaking this highway of rich homes and sugar cane plantations! What a beautiful find!! Nottoway is Spectacular!! The home tour is one of the grandest we've experienced and remarkable architecture. A must see!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Writermaggie
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Had a fantastic time at Nottoway. The place has been lovingly restored and any new buildings are perfectly in character with the antebellum architecture of the main house.
When we checked in they realised we were on an expensive room-only rate so moved us immediately to a cheaper package which hadn't been available when I had booked - this included dinner and breakfast, which was extremely good of them and much appreciated!
Room was comfortable and very clean - mattress protectors were a little bit plastic and I'd suggest they look to get some more comfortable quilted ones, but other than that I cannot fault the accommodation. The pool is small but nice and they have a small gym and recreation room. The gardens are beautiful.
The restaurant was magnificent - lovely white tablecloths and excellent food and wine, all reasonably priced. They were very accommodating with my veggie diet.
We did the tour of the mandion which was included in our rate and my expectations were totally exceeded. Knowledgeable and friendly tour guide who really seemed to enjoy her job and the questions we asked her. The house has been restored amazingly and it was fascinating to learn about the history. They also have a small museum which was interesting.
We heard that the owner only died a couple of weeks ago, so I really hope that whoever takes over keeps it in the same state and doesn't seek to make it overly corporate or commercial, because right now it has both quality and individual character.
One thing to watch out for are the trains which run nearby and make quite a lot of noise - try to ask for a room as far awar from the tracks as possible - although with the food, wine and country air, you'll have a good sleep anyway!
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Get a room in the main house for the full antebellum experience!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheSavvyTraveller
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I found this resort by accident - it was a valuable find. We were looking for a restaurant and found this location. The restaurant experience (food and service) was so good that we decided to spend the night. We are glad we did. The cottage suite was spacious and very nice. Late night cocktails and breakfast were expensive, but worth it. You need to ask yourself one question: "Am I willing to go about 30 minutes out of my way for a great experience?" If your answer is "yes" then you should travel about 30 minutes off I-10 to stay for at least one evening here. The stay was relaxing and full of old southern charm. There were too many pros to list. The only con was their Spa was a bit mislabeled - I would expect a Spa to provide more services then just hair styling and nail services. There is also a train that runs in the distance on ocassion - if you are a very light sleeper, this could bother you (I personally thought it added to the charm of the location).

Room Tip: I found three different types of rooms: (1) executive suite with kitchen and separate bedroom, (2) cottage suite, and (3) rooms in the mansion itself (smaller but overloaded with style and charm).
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ABQfamilyguy
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We have stayed here twice now. The first time we stayed in the carriage house which was like a hotel room. It was very nice. We went back couple weeks ago for our anniversary and stayed in the mansion. If you can afford the little extra its worth staying in the mansion. We stayed in room 1. Had a view of the levee and the river. It was beautiful. The view from the bathroom window of the fountain was very pretty too. We got to roam around the mansion at night to go from the restaurant to the 3rd floor where we were staying. It felt like we had the whole house to ourselves. It was awesome. We were not ready to leave the next day. It was so peaceful and elegant. Out of the plantations here in the south, Nottoway is my absolute favorite. It is just beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple