Nottoway Plantation and Resort
$115
La Quinta
$56
  • Pool
Candlewood Suites Gonzales(Gonzales)(Great Value!)
$83
Priceline
$143
1,349 results
All reviewsthe main housethe cottagesmansion tourprivate pooltennis courtshoneymoon suitecarriage houserocking chairswedding weekendrestaurant staffbeautiful propertymississippi riverfront porchhot tubbreakfast buffetbaton rougesouthern hospitality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here on our way to New Orleans to take a cruise. We should have just spent our time together at Nottoway. This place is stunning! We stayed in the overseer's cottage, and it was quaint and filled with antique furnishings true to the period, yet it had all of the modern conveniences you could want- subtly placed flat screen TV, IPHONE charger, WI fi (free), attached bath. It cost the same as a moderately priced hotel room, but the view out our window was no view I have ever seen from a hotel room. Our room overlooked the pond, bridge, fountain, and huge oaks where many wedding ceremonies take place. The gardens were so well maintained and the rooms immaculate. We ate dinner in the restaurant on site, as well as breakfast. The meals were excellent and reasonably priced. Breakfast was especially nice as the sun streamed though the oaks outside the window of the curved wall of the restaurant. The staff was friendly and informative. I can't wait to return.

1  Thank NiniMississippi
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Despite this place being quite upmarket, they accomodated our young children in one of the cottages without skipping a beat. As an Australian, I was even pleasantly suprised that the owner of this property was from my home country - I wasn't expecting that. They weren't very busy when we were there, and we only had the benefit of staying one night. But the kids loved the pool, and we were able to visit the restaurant and sit in the 'special' seats right at the windows. The room itself was a bit cramped with all of is in there, and the shower quite small, but then fitting all this into such old buildings made it worthwhile. The only thing we missed out on was staying in the mansion itself - but those rooms seemed reserved for adult couples or honeymooners so we lucked out. All in all very impresssed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Lukeyson
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed one night in the main mansion of this glorious antebellum plantation inn and absolutely loved it! It was almost like staying the night in a museum after all the guests have gone. Truly a unique experience as I don't know of any other preserved plantations that allow guests to stay in the actual mansion amongst the beautiful period pieces. The room was beautiful, clean, exceptionally spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed dinner at the Mansion Restaurant and it was amazing! Fresh almond-encrusted red snapper with creole grits and asparagus and three different kinds of butter with our bread which included sugar cane butter from the plantation crops surrounding the mansion! This place is "tops" in our book and we will be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Chelsea T
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We were so impressed with Nottoway! My husband and I stayed overnight about fourteen years ago and left talking about what would have made our stay nicer. We went back last weekend and could not believe how ideal our visit was. They have done major renovations and added amenities that have made Nottoway a perfect romantic get-away. I would definitely suggest staying in the house. Guest who stay in the house can enjoy the entire house after hours. We were able to walk the house in the evening and look at the details in the woodwork and the period furniture that we did not have time to focus on during the historical tour. This Plantation home does have a rich and interesting history, so if you go, take the tour.
I liked that we could see all of the rooms online and choose the one we wanted. There is a fitness room and a room with billiards and darts that you might miss if you don't know to ask for it. There is a museum with a brief video about the history of the plantation. The room was luxurious and had a gorgeous view of the well maintained lawn, garden and fabulous oak tree. We will go back - soon!
Oh, one more thing. If you have the free time, you can get the rooms at a great discount if you go on a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Room Tip: Room numbers 14 and 15 in the main house have a joining balcony that overlook a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lloydacademy
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is a breathtakingly beautiful old Plantation Home. I stayed here on my trip to the River Road and loved seeing all the wonderful rooms. I stayed in the Cornilia's Room
but you could also stay in the Master Bedroom if you wished. but rooms on tour have a standard check-in time of 5 PM to 9 AM while all others have a check-in of 2:30 PM to 11 AM. So I chose Cornelia's. Both rooms are wonderfully furnished with grand canopie beds, Victorian furniture and everything you need for comfort.
I stayed also one night at Madewood and both were well worth the value. Both left me yearning to go back again
The breakfast was superb. And the night before I had a wonderful dinner in the Randolph Hall, just a short stroll on the grounds away.

2  Thank TejanaNortheastTexas