Nottoway Plantation and Resort
$119
La Quinta
$56
  • Pool
Candlewood Suites Gonzales(Gonzales)(Great Value!)
$86
$116
1,364 results
All reviewsthe main housethe cottagesmansion tourprivate pooltennis courtshoneymoon suitecarriage houserocking chairswedding weekendrestaurant staffbeautiful propertymississippi riverfront porchhot tubbreakfast buffetbaton rougesouthern hospitality
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Absolutely the best shrimp and grits, fried green tomatoes, rosemary bread.....I could go on and on....We sampled alot of the appetizers and main courses. There was not one of them that was not wonderful. Great wine selection to choose from. Would most definately return and soon !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Pat B
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Atmoshere takes you back. The grounds are beautiful and great romantic spot in the summer evening when the fog is rolling in.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chernobog1
Reviewed August 12, 2011

For $180 a night I was expecting way more than I received. We checked in late (about 5:30) and were given a little packet that included our tour tickets and breakfast voucher. Since the restaurant there is the only place to eat within miles, I made a reservation. I noticed that many outside areas had lots of dirt and spider webs and many of the doors had dirt marks on them from too many hands opening them. Such easy fixes. We stayed in the main house on the third floor in the son's room and it was nice. Quite large and comfy. The bathroom was adequate but no place to put your toiletries. Also, the toilet actually moved which made me a bit nervous. We enjoyed the pool for a bit since it was over 100 but the pool was also quite warm, like taking a bath and it needed cleaning. The dinner menu was okay, quite an expensive place. We paid $100 for two and I wouldn't say the meal was anything special. About 2/3 of the way through our meal we noticed ants crawling on the table. They were streaming in a crack under the window! We told the waitress, who offered us another table to eat our dessert but we were in no way comped. I thought that was crazy. The next morning we had the breakfast buffet which was okay, not great. I felt the hostess was rather snooty. We then went to where we were told to go for the 9AM tour and no one showed up. I called the front and she called somewhere to find who was supposed to be there. Finally about 9:15 someone showed up to give us the tour. It was okay but it was all about the building of the home and the Randolphs, the owners. One sentence about the slaves he had. Who was actually responsible for the all the work and success of a plantation? I was rather disgusted by this slant on the tour. I don't really care that Mr. Randolph bought mahogany for his bannister as a show of his wealth. All in all, a very disappointing stay for the one plantation we visited. Would not return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sraeemery
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My 10 year old daughter and I wanted to "run away" and that we did. We stayed in Room 1, Cornelia's room. My daughter wanted to move in . Dinner in the restauant was fabulous ... crab cakes were DELICIOUS.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TigersWin
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The breakfast which was a buffet and also had a menu(on certain days) was lovely and enjoyable. The grounds were breathtaking and the room was comfy and warm. The stay included a tour which is not always true for all plantation homes. The staff was friendly and helpful and we enjoyed every minute. Supper was one of the best dinners I have had!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends