“WOW”
Review of Nola Seafood

Nola Seafood
Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in Westwego
Reviewed December 17, 2013

They serve Local seafood and do it with a smile. Real freindly staff and decent prices. Easy access off the westbank expressway. Casual dining at its best

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is the second try for NOLA Seafood, but with different owners. If it makes a difference, the owners of Vietnamese, and all the stores in the center seem to be of the same family. The restaurant is located in a small strip mall on a busy highway. It is certainly a storefront, and not much more. While dining in is a possibility, I've never seen anyone eat there. The take out business is brisk. Fried seafood seems to be what this place does best.

I absolutely love their fried catfish which come with a "salad," a small piece of French bread, some French fries, and pretty much as much catfish as you want. The last time I was there, my wife wanted a catfish Poboy which she enjoyed. Unfortunately, it came without any type of tarter sauce, but we had some in the refer.

The have shrimp and crawfish in addition to catfish. Also, there is an availability of beer and maybe soft drinks.

I have been going there a couple of times a month, and see no reason not to continue that practice.

The restaurant is sparse at best, but they do have two televisions. There may be 10 tables, but not much more. There was no video poker that I saw.

This is a neighbor hood spot, about 5 minutes from my house.