“Excellent value”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
“Excellent value”
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Easily accessible, pleasant unimposing surroundings, parking well-lighted, QUIET, smooth sheets, two free cokes or beer during happy hour, couldn't ask for much more while traveling through. Walkin rate better than reservation rate. Top notch value. I recommend it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Hinckley, Illinois
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Best Western Bayou Inn in Westwego, LA while we were in the area to visit with some relatives and venture into New Orleans for sightseeing. All of the staff was friendly and cheerful and our room was larger than expected and very clean. The happy hour snacks and continental breakfast were both nice and the rooms were quiet for sleeping. The location is close to New Orleans making day trips into New Orleans for sightseeing very easy. I would definitely stay there again when/if we visit the New Orleans area again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Duson,La
Reviewed June 5, 2010

My wife and I spent a week at the Best Western Bayou Inn and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the complimentary breakfast was great and the happy hour was a pleasant surprise. The staff was very knowledge about the area and were helpful in providing driving directions when needed. Without hesitation we would recommend this hotel as a place to stay and when we return to this area this will be the place that we stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
BC
Reviewed February 22, 2010

My husband and I liked the location of this hotel as it was outside of the city. When we first arrrived we were placed in a smoking room after requesting non-smoking. We asked to switch rooms but due to it being Mardi Gras they were completely booked. We had to stay two days in a room that smelled of stale smoke which was not ideal. Afterwards we were transferred to a handicap room with a door that joined onto another suite and we had the worst neighbors possible! They were loud and vulgar and kept us up one night until we had to call security to ask them to keep it down. On our last day there our flight was leaving New Orleans at 2pm. We asked for a later check out time and were informed that if we stayed past 11am we would be charged for another day. The rooms were alright but furniture was falling apart. I also noted that their website may need some updating as some services they claimed to offer, such as a shuttle to downtown, was no longer. Overall, it was an okay place to stay but we won't be back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Ft.Irwin
Reviewed July 4, 2008

I would not advise anyone to stay at this hotel.I spoke with the manager Nancy to book my reservation and and all the amenities she sold me on weren't available.My reason for choosing this hotel was the exercise facility because my wife is in the army and works out daily.The exercise room had no treadmill or weight machine.An eliptical machine and a sitdown bike was the only equipment available.My wife began to use the eliptical machine and nearly fell off of it into the mirrors on the wall because it was broken.we ended up spending 50 bucks for a membership to a gym a bout 5 miles away.The hotel is two floors but has no elevator so i had to bring our luggage up a flight of stairs.Sausausge biscuits were advertised for breakfast and the whole week i went to the breakfast area i never saw one sausage biscuit.There's also a convienience store located right next to the hotel,if you stay in any room between 203-209 you'll have to deal with people playing their car stereos pretty loud just about anytime of day or night.And on our last day of our stay we noticed the ceiling leaked and we had to be moved to a room across the hall.My wife and i would be out during the day visiting our family members and would return to the room later at night and everyday that we did we noticed a very stale odor,which may have been caused by the leaking roof.I asked for the manager Nancy and she wasn't available.Maria,who was very helpful the whole stay,contacted Nancy and explained what happened.I wanted at least to get our last night free but Nancy said she could only give us half off.What type of customer service is this?Is this anyway to treat the military community or the general public for that matter.I can truly say this is the worst hotel experience ever and next year when we return to visit relatives we definitely will look at another hotel!I contacted Nancy on tuesday july first and explained to her my experience at her hotel and she took my name and number and promised to return my call on july third.I have yet to hear from her.

• Disliked — Everything that was advertised wasn't available and the ceiling leaked and we weren't able to get the last night of our stay free because of it.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
msthanki, Corporate Office at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2009
Hi! Thank you for your response. While I am disappointed with the outcome of your stay, I do appreciate the feedback. There is no excuse.

We have and will continue to make sure, that we exceed the expectations of ALL of our guests.

Since last July, we have made several changes to our property, including the management. We are focused on improving each day, ensuring the guest will back again, when they visit the area.

I would not blame you, if you didn't stay with us. But, if you decide to change your mind, i think you will be pleasantly surprised with all the additions we have made.

Thank you for your service to our country, it is a debt we owe, that we can never pay back. God bless the USA!
columbus
Reviewed January 29, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for the National Championship game. Everything was great. The rooms are huge, the hotel staff was great ( they told us where to get the best of everything), and it wasn't that far from downtown ( The French Quarters). About 10 minutes driving time. There is a mall near this location along with major shopping ,fast food chains, and great restraunts ( you want a great shrimp po'boy, please go to Perinos).IHOP is not that far from this hotel as well. The downside, the continental breakfast was horrible.

• Liked — clean and afforable
  • Disliked — breakfast was horrible
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2006

My sister and I stayed at this hotel in August. I was in Jefferson Parish to get a divorce. I was not looking forward to this trip at all, so I can't begin to tell you how pleased I was to find a very comfortable, conveniently located hotel with an extremely warm staff. My stay there was quite a pleasant surprise!
The room was neat and clean, it had a small refrigerator, a microwave, an iron, an ironing board, coffee maker, coffee, sugar, and creamer, cable tv and plenty of fresh clean towels and toiletries. The free breakfast was very good. I missed out on the free soup, (my fault I got back too late).
Most of all it was the staff that impressed me. I now live in Florida and it felt good to feel that old Louisiana warmth again that you can only find back home. I recommend this place highly.

• Liked — The friendly efficient staff.
  • Disliked — I have no complaints at all.
  • Tips/Secrets — Get back in time for the soup I heard it was really good.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank JoyfulMe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westwego
Express Inn and Suites
#2 of 2 in Westwego
Comfort Inn Marrero
#2 of 3 in Marrero
Garden District
Best Western Plus St. Charles Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 22 in Metairie

Been to Best Western Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!