“Best Value in New Orleans”

Best Western Bayou Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Westwego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Just a short drive over the river to the French Quarter. This hotel was located in a great area, that was out of the hustle and bustle of New Orleans, but close enough to hop into town. If you want to pay 3 or 4 times as much for a tiny, olf room intown, go ahead, but we'll stay at the Bayou Inn again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
cmonee, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

WOW! Thank you so much 316ellena! I'm speechless...all I can say is we can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

... but we had a couple of problems. Water came through our first-floor bedroom window the first night. (There was torrential rain.) On the 2nd morning, water was dripping through the bathroom light. Not knowing if it was safe to shower, we asked to have another room to shower, before we had to leave. None were clean or available, so we couldn't shower. The hotel cheerfully refunded one night's stay. That rehabilitated our experience, so that we will come back. But we would have gladly paid $120 for a shower. The room was very pretty (in an executive decor way). No unacceptable smells or sounds, and the shower had good water pressure and temperature. We will stay here again, since it makes the best & shortest drive to the NOLA Motorsports Park. The breakfast food is absolutely delicious, but the process isn't adequate for the large number of people who descend in the morning. The space is too small, and the hordes too large, for the lovely kitchen staff and cook to keep up. It was crowded and chaotic. Having said all of that, I thought this hotel was a good value for the money that we paid.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 433barryd
cmonee, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

I think you win the award for the most honest review 433barryd. You certainly can’t make that story up not that you would of course. I’m actually very happy you did share your stay because it made me very happy to hear how my team handled the situation and most importantly took care of you, our guest.
You’re not just room number with us and we’re not always perfect but we will always do our best to make it right as we did in this situation. We had a slight complication with a toilet above your room hence the leak in bathroom which was an easy fix and all of the windows were re-caulked yesterday in fact to prohibit rain from entering the rooms during a heavy rain as we can get in south Louisiana as you experienced. I believe in Texas they would call those storms “gully washers”.
It also means a lot to hear that you enjoyed the décor of the room, it wasn't picked out by a large design firm but rather yours truly with the help of my team (in case I was off base in my selections I needed someone to blame) I wanted to give our guests a modern and comfortable experience with a whole lotta touches of Nawlins ma baby.
I’m sorry that your stay wasn't without problems but I’m very pleased to hear that you will stay with us again and that my team was able to still make your stay a great one.

Until next time,

Reviewed March 26, 2014

3/8 to 3/11/14. Room was nice and clean. Unfortunately, it faced the Exxon gas station next door, with its occasional late-night boom boxer clientele. I was so tired it didn't bother me, but if you are a light sleeper ask for a room farther away from the gas station. The breakfast was good but did run out of things occasionally. Spaces in the parking lot are narrow. Location is great for NOLA Motorsports Park, with easy access to New Orleans via Long or Greater New Orleans bridges.

Room Tip: Try to be as far from the Exxon station as possible.
1  Thank osvolant

Of course we're the BEST place to stay for NOLA Motorsports Osvolant, with a name like BEST WESTERN how can we be any different? Just kidding, we're not that full of ourselves and we're far from perfect but thank you for your great review.

My team and I are HUGE supporters of the Motorsports park (36.25 second go kart track lap if I say so) and we love hosting guests who come in to visit the track. It's such a wonderful amenity to have in our back yard and really something everyone should see and experience when in our area. Where else can you drive exotic sports cars or ride in a mustang doing over 120 miles per hour? I told you how much I love NMS right? I could write about it for days.

Thanks for mentioning the tip about the gas station, it is true they are our neighbor for better or worse but I'm glad to hear that it didn't both you. Our Breakfast on the Bayou has become so popular that I'm considering having Ms. Mammie wear roller skates so she can replenish the food quicker!

Seriously, thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you again when you’re visiting NOLA Motorsports.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Great place to stay, short drive to New Orleans
Management and staff were friendly and helpful.
Clean and good breakfast
They had evening refreshments which was a nice touch.
Off a main expressway, easy to find many different places that we went.

1  Thank Rita195953

Well Ms. Rita we thought you were friendly too:) It was a pleasure having you as our guest all the way from California. I'm happy to hear that we were just what you needed while visiting the Greater New Orleans area.

Thanks for your review and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel was clean, well appointed and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was great, but the breakfast area was cramped and had to be constantly restocked. The ladies running the area attempted to keep everything stocked but several items ran out a few times each morning. I am not sure how that could be helped as the area is minimal for the size of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hey there Anthony! Thanks for sharing your great review with our future fans. We always love it when our "framily members" share their great experiences for others to know what to expect and I'm happy to hear we didn't let you down.

I apologize about the size of the bayou room. We've made so many enhancements to the bayou room already including the placement of the Internet Cafe Bar for additional seating and rearranging the layout of the breakfast presentation. Ms. Mammie's breakfast is just that popular now. We are trying though and I thank you for noticing.

We can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Nice rooms, very helpful and attentive staff at desk. House keepers were friendly and would pleasently greet you in hall way. Efficient service at breakfast. Good location for visiting New Orleans ,just a few minutes to bridge to cross river.

1  Thank Dane D
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you Dane for being our guest and for sharing your great experience with our future guests. It's so great to hear that our team left you with such a positive experience, certainly it's what we strive for each and everyday.

Thanks again and we'll see you again soon, hopefully before Mardi Gras of 2015!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our stay was during Mardi Gras. We had an excellent stay. The only bad part was our room was next to the ice machine and had a lot of noise from other guests. Overall can't wait for our next trip back

• Stayed: March 2014

We can't wait to see you back Adriana! Thanks so much for sharing your great Mardi Gras 2014 experience with our future guests. It was a cold and rainy one but at least you enjoyed your stay with us.

I'm sorry about the noise of the ice machine but I know we'll be able to put you in a room where you won't hear that noise next time. We'll take care of you.

Until next time,

Christopher

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westwego
Express Inn and Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 24 in Metairie
Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Airport

Been to Best Western Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!