“Nice clean place to stay”

BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Westwego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Jackson, Ohio
“Nice clean place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed here before our cruise because the rates were much better than those closer to the port, plus they allowed us to leave our vehicle parked there all week. We did have to pay a cab to and from the port both times, but this was still cheaper than parking at the port. This hotel was very clean; beds were comfortable and pillows were nice. The hotel desk staff was extremely pleasant. Breakfast was a big bonus as they had so much to choose from. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thanks you ltraveldou for providing such a wonderful review for our cruising guests. Although you are not the first "cruiser" to stay with us, I think that your honest review will be reviewed by many and maybe a determining factor on whether or not our future guests will stay with us, so thank you for that.

I'm delighted to hear that with 62 Trip Advisor contributions that your experience with us remained on the top of your list, I think it's safe to say you enjoyed your stay with us...and you’re Hot Breakfast on the Bayou.
I will say, sometimes we do struggle to keep up when it's busy but that's also because it's so popular and we are working harder on maintaining the flow of food when we are at full capacity. It is certainly an industry leading breakfast that none of our competitors offer and we're proud to have for our guests, we're glad you enjoyed it.

We can't wait to see you back for your next cruise out of the Port of New Orleans.

Thanks for being our guest,

Christopher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
little rock, ar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great place. I bring my crew into town to work and we always stay here. Great staff and good rooms. I visited on pleasure this time and brought my wife. I've never, in 25 years, taken her to a place where I stay with the crew. it is that good. I can stay at the finest hotels in town, and I choose to stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank towerdog3
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Towerdog3, you are our 2nd "Framily member" to come back and write us a follow up review. This is getting fun! I'm so sorry I missed you this trip I would have loved to meet your wife.

We always love it when your framily members bring their wives to meet their extended hotel framlies. We have to compare notes and make sure we get the details downright such as how many pillows you like on the bed, where to keep your shoes and things of that nature...just kidding but it does say a lot that you brought the misses to see us.

I do hope she enjoyed her stay with us as much as you do each and every time you're with us.

Thanks again Towerdog3 and I know we'll see you back in 2014!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed from Dec. 27-31,2013...and I enjoyed this place. Hidden jewel, friendly front desk staff and breakfast....the greatest. I can't remember the lady's name...but her breakfast was on point every morning..It's what woke me up daily. REALLY nice not to far from New Orleans...comfortable beds, not noisy and room was always attended to. I will be staying here again.. and I HIGHLY recommend this property

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Well I guess we won't be a hidden Jewel anymore Blak_bam, you just let the secret out, now everyone is going to know how great we are!

Seriously, thank you for being our guest and sharing your last days of 2013 with us. I'm not going to lie, Ms. Mammie has been throwing it down in the breakfast for years and let me tell you over this past year she's turned up the heat. For this reason another awesome guest called her a “top notch chef”, although she dismays the claim I still think she might be sporting a chef coat and hat in the near future. She's a shining star of our team and a very important one to get our "framily member's days off to a great start so I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your Breakfast on the Bayou experience and your overall experience with us.

Now we expect to see you back at least once in 2014 or let’s just make it a New Years tradition, same place same time?

We'll see you soon blak_bam,

Carltonowen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

What a charmer. Rooms are clean and staff, all of them bar none, were great. Lot's of smiles and questions about how the stay was going. Breakfast is as better than all of the hotels we have stayed in New Orleans. Only minutes from the French Quarter and well worth the drive based on the savings. Just a short travel to river road for the plantations or I-10. Don't be fooled by the rest stay here.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I truly was blown away by your kind words and positive review Carltonowen and thank you for creating our new slogan!

Our team works hard each and every day to create a clean and positive experience for all of our future "framily members" and I just can't say how nice it is to hear the wonderful comments or more importantly the feeling it gives me to share these wonderful reviews like yours to our team.

Thank you and for keeping us inspired to continue to be the best...and so others don't be fooled by the rest...I love it!

Maryville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We booked for 2 nights after a cruise out of New Orleans because we had read good reviews on Trip Advisor about this hotel. Everything we had read was true! This place was great!!! The staff were all so friendly and helpful. The rooms were fresh and clean and the beds VERY comfortable. I have never stayed in a hotel and had a better experience than this one. Hands down - this is the place to stay! We are already planning a trip in the near future for New Orleans and we will definitly stay here again. This is my new favorite place!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Well Eric T, you have found the wonderful power of Trip Advisor as wonderful as it is. It keeps our team on our toes and reminds us of our goal of providing an enjoyable experience while in the Greater New Orleans Area.

Thank you for sharing your great experience with our “framily members” and relying on to them our consistency, it means nothing to have such great reviews if future guests don't experience the same great experience, so thank you.

I'm also happy to hear that you were cruising, it's a large piece of the New Orleans Tourism Market and I'm delighted you chose to stay with us. I hope you left your car with us and didn't have to pay for the daily parking at the port...just a taxi to and from, yet another perk of being our guest:)

We can't wait to see you back Eric and welcome to the "Framily"!

Marietta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

This hotel is super clean and they are so focused on making sure you have the best stay!! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great hotel experience while traveling to the Greater New Orleans area . Location is great with easy access to downtown New Orleans. It is safe and clean and the staff is amazing!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for being our guest Ms. Beverly B! Oh behalf of my team, we can't thank you enough for saying such GREAT things!

We're not perfect but we understand or try to understand what our guests want and need when away from home and we're committed to being a clean and affordable "home away from home" in that respect and willing to go the extra mile to ensure a wonderful experience.

Welcome to the "Framily", we can't wait to see you again in 2014!

Morgan City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Wonderful experience! Staff was very hospitable and extremely helpful. The desk clerk provided us with directions and a map of the areas we needed to get to. Hotel was very clean and very well decorated.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you Ms. Paula B for your glowing review. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and I'm sure our future guests appreciate your review too!

It was a pleasure having your with us, and I'm glad we were able to help you get around the city.

Happy New Year,

Christopher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westwego
Comfort Inn Marrero
#2 of 3 in Marrero
Express Inn and Suites
#2 of 2 in Westwego
Garden District
Best Western Plus St. Charles Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 22 in Metairie

Been to BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!