“Perfect for Nola Motorsports Park”

Best Western Bayou Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Westwego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at the Bayou Inn for 9 days and found the stay very comfortable. We were attending the Rotax World Finals at Nola Motorsports Park The hotel is the closest to Nola Motorsports Park with a 10 minute drive in traffic. The hotel is not a 5 star but the staff do an amazing job with what they have. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is good. The staff are all great and they make you feel at home. The drive to downtown is 20 minutes and the cab fare is $30 so you are still close to all the action and great restaurants. This hotel has very good rates for what you get, We would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thanks Wjsdunning for saying it better than I ever could! This is really why I love Trip Advisor. I could advertise that we are the closest hotel to NOLA Motorsports like I have been but your review will probably get read more than my advertisement ever would.
We are thrilled to be the closest to hotel what will be one of the south’s best driving and go kart tracks and I am proud to be a supporter and work with the track for their many events that they have had and will host in years to come.

Many of our guests were international for this event as you are from Canada so it was very important for us to make sure that our guests traveling as far as you did were comfortable with us while away from home.

Thanks also for complementing our team. I always post our reviews for our entire team to see how much they impact each and every guest and its reviews like yours that keep us going, so thank you.

After 9 days wjsdunning, I would say your framily(not a misspelling;) and we can't wait to see you back soon!

Stay warm,

There are newer reviews for Best Western Bayou Inn

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was warned not to stay at this hotel because the people at work said this was not the best area of town to stay in, however it was close to work so I took the chance. I did not have any problems with my car being vandalized (they have security on duty at night ). The hotel is nice! The hot breakfast was really good. The room was nice and clean. The only complaint I had about the room is that the cleaning supply smell was overwhelming and since I have asthma, it was hard to breathe. The TV worked well, and had a good choice of channels to choose from; I couldn't get the hotel wireless internet to work. The hot water stayed hot throughout my showers, and while the water pressure wasn't fantastic, I didn't end up with a "low-flow hairdo a la the infamous Seinfeld episode". The bed was extremely comfortable, and because the hotel sits somewhat off of the road, it was quiet so I slept really well. There were some kids running around the hallway when I got there and I thought I'd have trouble with the noise but once I got in the room, the noise level was minimal. Overall, it was a good stay. I would recommend this hotel; the rate was good for what I received, the service was great, and the breakfast was hot and delicious.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Well my first thought Ms. Elizabeth was to find out who those people where that you work with! But I’m glad you trusted your own instincts and gave us a chance.

Thank you for also taking the time to share with our future guests about your experience because I suspect there are a few guests reading your response right now wondering if our area is safe or not and well determining whether they should stay here or not, so thank you and I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience with us as much as you did. Our Hot Breakfast on the Bayou is definitely something that Ms. Mammie and our other Breakfast Ambassadors take pride in making our guests first meal a great one.

I also appreciate your feedback about our internet. Our I Care Ambassadors are trained to assist guests in getting online and or retrieving the help of tech support, so I do sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectation in that respect. I can assure you that I have noted your concern and will work with my guest internet provider to ensure that future issues do not happen again.

Thank you again Ms. Elizabeth for giving us a chance, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

very courteous and helpful staff,,clean , nicely decorated room,with good amenities microwave,,fridge etc. would stay there again,,they allowed us to leave our car there to depart on a cruise,, excellent place

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Well I hope you enjoyed your cruise James Y. I'm sure your cruise was much deserved and worth the wait. I'm also happy that we were able to watch your car for you while you were away, yes it’s just another perk of staying with people who care, park for FREE and cruise. I'm sure you found that a taxi to the port is $30 for up to four people including bags to the port.

Thanks again and now you know where to stay for your next cruise.

We'll see you soon!

Christopher Anderson

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Excellant hotel with friendly, helpful staff (in the main) but spoiled by a lack of attention to detail. The breakfast items were not replenished until they were totally exhausted, the hot food was, at best, just warm, and the fresh fruit salad when eventually replenished was frozen. On one occasion our room was not properly cleaned and coffee supplies etc were not replenished. On this occasion reception staff were less then helpful. That said, the rooms were comforable, the location quite convenient for visiting NO. It is relatively convenient to crossthe river by ferry from Algiers Point, this avoids the heavy traffic especially on the bridges.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Blackpoolwanderer
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you Blackpoolwanderer for your honest review and I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. It sounds like we let you down and I am truely very sorry. As you may have read its not characteristic for us to not keep the breakfast stocked or miss things in houskeeping.

I can assure you that I have shared your review with my entire team but particulary with our Heart of House Team Leader and with our Breakfast Ambassadors to ensure that we're doing everything we can to avoid future guest experiences like yours. I know slip ups will happen, but I’m confident in my team that situations such as you mentioned will not happen again.

As I have said in the past, we're far from perfect but when we do fail to meet our guest expectations we will do what we can to make it right. I do hope that you give us another chance as proof that we can deliver on our promise of creating great experiences.
I hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had occasion to visit the NOLA area recently, and stayed at the Best Western Bayou Inn in Westwego, LA. We were extremely pleased with not only the price, but the rooms, the hot breakfast, and the front desk clerk was most helpful as we had never been in the area before and she was very friendly and informative. This motel is very close to all the attractions we wanted to see in NOLA and easy to get to. We will most certainly stay here again if we have occasion to be in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ethel W
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Thank you Ms. Ethel, it looks like we added another family to our family and I know that you'll always need an excuse to get out of Cedar Rapids especially in the winter!

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, in fact its guests like you and the rest reading your review that keep us going and keep us excited every day, so thank you.

Come take a cruise next time, stay with us a few nights and sail off into relaxation and enjoy some drinks with fancy umbrellas. I already have your itinerary; you have a room so it looks like we'll see you soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our room here was very nice. It was clean as a whistle and the front desk staff were very nice. Everything seemed to have been updated recently. I am one of those people who checks mattresses, and I am pleased to report that our room was BEDBUG FREE! The continental breakfast was not bad. I'd go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MagNEATO
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Well with a name like MagNEATO and with more than 100 reviews under your belt I think many of our potential guests will believe it when you say you look for cleanliness and I'm glad we passed your test!

Thanks for such a wonderful review but I do have to correct you on one thing...our HOT Breakfast on the Bayou is much more than a "continental breakfast". Let's not confuse our future fans...the only thing continental around here is the car you might arrive in or the airline you flew to get here:)

We'll keep it clean as a whistle for you and see you again soon!

Until next time,

Christopher Anderson

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to the New Orleans area and I could not have asked for a better hotel to stay at. I looked at hotels in the French Quarter because I was coming down for Halloween and wanted to be close to everything but the reviews for many of them were disappointing. I chose Best Western Bayou Inn based on the Trip Advisor reviews because it seemed like a great place to stay and because of the personal responses from the hotel manager, I was not disappointed! It's worth the extra 15 minute drive into the city for the extra care you get from the staff at this hotel. The staff is super friendly and everyone there was just really great.

Breakfast was delicious every morning. The rooms were clean and there really isn't much more you can ask for.

I live in Pennsylvania and Southern Hospitality has spoiled me on this visit! (And I came home to cold weather to boot!) Now I just need an excuse to get back to visit and stay at the Best Western Bayou Inn again. (Hopefully sooner rather than later! ) I would recommend this hotel over and over again

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank darkhuntersimi
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Thanks Darkhuntersimi for being our newest fan in Pennsylvania (our fan base is growing) and thank you for making our hotel your Greater New Orleans lodging choice. My team and I know that you had MANY choices and we're proud to be your very first New Orleans hotel.

As you mentioned, our reviews are read by many and we understand that they are a deciding factor for many of our future guests. Should they pay to stay down town or drive 15 minutes and enjoy a wonderful breakfast, great service and clean rooms?

My team and I thank you for your kind words and I know our future guests will appreciate your honest review as well.

We're far from perfect but my team and I will always take care of our guests or as you called it we'll just serve up some "Southern Hospitality" with a bowl of grits.

Ya'll come back now, ya here!

Christopher

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westwego
Garden District
Best Western Plus St. Charles Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 23 in Metairie
Express Inn and Suites
#2 of 2 in Westwego

Been to Best Western Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!