“Very nice and great customer service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Westwego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Beaumont, Texas
“Very nice and great customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We are from Texas and had to go a funeral of a dear friend who was a Veteran. We only stayed over night on 09/12/13. I called ahead to request a room on the first floor knowing that we would be arriving late in the evening. Chris was the young man that answered the phone and he made my call pleasant. He even let me know who would be at the front desk upon our arrival. The rate was good, my husband said the breakfast was good and the room was very clean which I was extremely pleased with. The only issue we had was the toilet paper holder broke and there was some leaking around the base of the bath tub. We travel a lot and to be honest hardly ever stay at a Best Western. But whenever we will be in the area again, we plan to stay at this Best Western unless something horrible happens. Thanks to you, Chris, for the nice email we received after returning home.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the first floor because there is no elevator at this establishment. We receiv...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
You are very welcome A L, it was the least we could do. While we were sorry for your loss we were thankful you chose our hotel to stay with and I'm thankful we were able to provide you and your husband with the comfort you expected.

Thank you so very much for sharing your great experience and your tips for our future fans, you let us know what was broke and we fixed it too. That’s all I can ask for when things go wrong if that our guests give us the chance to fix it and you did so thank you very much.

Thanks for Staying With People Who Care A L, my team and I look forward to seeing you back soon.

Until next time,

Christopher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

The rooms were wonderful. Very clean smelled nice. Staff was wonderful and very accommodating. Chris from the front desk even brought us a snack tray after we got rained out from camping and had to book last minute. Wonderful stay. Great price. Great area.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Ms. Kagmmatherly, my team and I are very proud to be your first EVER Trip Advisor review! It means so much to us that we were able to start your long life of reviews.

And while most of our future fans reading this might say, "Really?" Yes, I did bring a tray of coffee and snacks to the room which wasn't as cool as my initial reaction of setting up the tent in the room but they said the tent was too big...either way I was eager to not let the rain destroy the camping trip, and being that you could have stayed anywhere, I was thankful that we stole you from Bayou Segnette, thank you mother nature!

Maybe next time my team and I will have a sheet tent set up prior to your arrival, we'll have to think of a fun name for the "new room" and I'll have the ingredients to make smores ready for the microwave...You've definitely given me a whole new package to market Kagmmatherly!

Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you soon!

Westwego, LA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

If you want to attend any event at the Alero center, this is the place to stay. The rates are great, the breakfast is outstanding, there is a pool and the staff will help you with anything you need. This hotel is better than some Best Western Plus hotels I have stayed at.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Well thank you Mr. James for letting our future fans know about our convenient location and the Alario Center is bringing you to New Orleans then look no farther, here we are! But at 11 miles from the Louis Armstrong International Airport and 11 miles from Downtown/French Quarter, I'd say we're just about 11 miles from anything you could ever need!

And yes, is always here and ready to assist. Without you, or you reading this, we don't have anything to do...we can’t make your bed if you’re not here, so thank you for reading this and thank you for booking your stay with us. We can't wait to, well make your bed:)

Thanks again for taking the time to write your review for all to see Mr. James!

Surprise, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed there for four days for business. It was a very nice hotel in a safe area. The hotel was very clean I enjoyed it a lot. The only problems that I would say I had was they had a construction crew staying there and everynight was like party night to them. It did have some drunks that were loud, but was not horrible. There breakfast in the morning was very good. I would recomend this hotel for travel and or business.

Room Tip: I have no advice to choose a good room. Although, they do have handicap rooms that seem bigger
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for staying with us and for recommending our hotel to future fans Usmnick. As a business traveler my team and I greatly appreciate your constant travel and definitely appreciate your honesty in writing your reviews. We get it, you've been there and done that, so thank you.

During the week we do our Evening Lagniappe, or happy hour from 5pm to 8pm has become quite popular and while our guests can get excited about having Margaritas on Monday, sometimes we do have to act like their wives and calm them down.

My team and I look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for your honest review.

Christopher Anderson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I could not believe the customer service i got from the general manager of this property. Being that i work in the hospitality field myself, i was familiar with excellent customer service. I have not yet stayed at this property but my room is booked. my travel arrangements are not until october 2013 for our cruise vaca. But i felt so great about this property after booking my room with Chris that i just had to say how pleasantly happy i was with his above and beyond, cannot put into words EXCELLENT customer service. Thank you again for all you did, we are very much looking forward to our stay. Im sorry I wont be able to meet you as you will be at your dads wedding. But i have already made my decision that we will be back, so hopefully another time. Until then, Amanda. :) :) :)

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ztop1968
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you Amanda for your wonderful comments, I’m extremely humbled by the many positive reviews from our new fans and most recently by your review.

All I can say is that I have a passion for the hotel industry and I love serving people. I was very fortunate to start working at young age and was a sponge when it came to working with those who had more life and work experience than I may ever know from both sides of the counter.

To this day its taught me an insurmountable amount about people and how to treat people. I would be remised if I didn’t say the lessons, tips and stories that were shared by my mom as a housekeeper for many years is what keeps me going as well. Although she “only cleaned rooms” she impacted every guest she encountered and always left a lasting impression.
Everyday I'm optimistic and I challenge my team members to be their best and treat our guests as if we would want to be treated while away from home. There are definitely certain things we in this industry expect, as you mentioned and if we can give that high level of service and create a great experience based on that then I think we will be successful and most importantly have happy and loyal guests.
I don't want my reputation to supersede itself in any way, I’m not perfect and we all have our less than desirable days but I'm only as good as my team members that choose to work with me and they along with my guests are what keeps me going.

We'll see you next month Amanda, I’m sorry I will be here to formally meet you but as you said you will be back. Thank you again for your sincere review.

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We spent a couple of nights while seeing the sights of New Orleans. Aside for the Extreme Cleanliness of the rooms... The Friendly staff (Yvette, Chris)... Comfortable Beds... Tastefully Decorated rooms... The Very Relaxing Well Maintained Pool.... This little Gem is affordable and pretty nice. Actually OUTSTANDING! It's location was a easy/short 15 minuet drive to the French Quarter. Lets not forget to mention the FANTASTIC Breakfast that Mammie prepared; Omelets, Sausage (links or patties), Grits (Love them), Hot Oatmeal, Cold Cereals, great Coffee and more. We had an issue with our A/C, within minuets the Manager arrived at our door accessed the situation, and promptly offered us another room.... That's what you call "taking care of business with professionalism in mind". During our stay we had the sense of safety not only for ourselves, our vehicle was untouched in a very well lite parking area with a Sheriff's officer on the grounds after sunset. We plan of revisiting N.O. in the near future and will be staying at the Bayou Inn without hesitation. Keep up the good work Ya'll.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Wow...I'm truly humbled by your wonderful review LoveMyCherokee. It means a lot to hear from our guests how much my team and I are able to impact our guests overall stay/experience and I can't say thank you enough.

I know that your wonderful review and honest experience will be read by many and will probably be the deciding factor for those on the fence on whether or not they should stay in little ole Westwego.

In your instance, we weren't perfect. Your air conditioner did go out but we were able with your cooperation get you into another room quickly to avoid any further inconvenience. We made it right for you and that’s something that my team and I are 100% committed to do.

So thank you again. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we can't wait to see you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I enjoyed my stay so much, I will always stay here, staff was great, perfect location , and FREE drinks on Mondays!! And VERY clean! Great breakfast very morning! Can't wait to go back!!! Thank You for my great stay!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Well Kristinefancy, we are very proud to be your very first Trip Advisor review and thank you for your wonderful review. I can assure you we're not "perfect" as you said but we do our very best to keep our guests happy. I wish we were perfect and that’s what keeps my team and I going but it’s an awful hard goal to have in the hotel industry.

I'm happy to hear you were able to enjoy Margarita Monday which is a part of our Weekday Evening Lagniappe which is free for our awesome guests like you from 5 to 8 pm after a long day of work! And it sounds like Ms. Mammies Hot Breakfast on the Bayou was the right way to get you on your way before work.

Thanks again, Kristinefancy...we can't wait to see you back soon!

Christopher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westwego
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#108 of 162 in New Orleans
Express Inn and Suites
#2 of 2 in Westwego
Garden District
Best Western Plus St. Charles Inn
Comfort Inn Marrero
#2 of 3 in Marrero

Been to BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!