“Marti Gras Decorated”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dawsonville, Georgia
“Marti Gras Decorated”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

It was the week before the Super Bowl & a couple of weeks before Marti Gras. The hotel was decorated for Marti Gras. The room was well equiped, the bed & pillows comfortable. We weren't too far from all the action either.

Room Tip: our room was on the 1st floor, can't complain too much. Heard a little noise from above.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Ms. Linda B,

Thanks for the kind words! As contributor with 11 reviews already and 4 hotel reviews under your belt, your praise truly means a lot to our team. It sounds like you had a great time in the Greater New Orleans area and that we'll see you back soon!

Thanks again and we wish you many safe travels!

Christopher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
South Bend, Indiana, USA
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Bayou Inn for 2 nights before we left on a cruise out of New Orleans. This hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It is also at a nice convienient location. We wanted to be able to explore New Orleans but not stay in the city due to it being Mardi Gras and pre Super Bowl and this was perfect. The Algiers Ferry is super close so we took that into the city and did the French Quarter then took the Ferry back. We felt very safe at this hotel and the breakfast was really good compared to other hotels. We will definitely be staying here again if we are back in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Let's just say I am not Best Western type of customer. I usually stay at Marriott's, but on this trip I was trying to save money. This hotel is a short and easy 15 minute drive to downtown and the French quarter. There is a $1 toll going into New Orleans, but not coming out. You can avoid the toll, but then you have to deal with local traffic and lights. Well worth the $1.

Room has LG flat screen, microwave, and mini refrigerator. Upgrade linens.

Hotel is in quiet remote area with really nothing nearby. I definitely felt safe. You can find some of the major chains around McDonalds, Walgreens, etc

Room Tip: two story building - no elevator higner number even number rooms tend to be at the back of the hote...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Mr. Glen,

It sounds like your a Best Western fan now! I do hope we got you signed up for our Best Western Rewards program so you can earn points faster than your Marriott rewards...we also match your status, so if your an Elite member with Marriott, you can enter our program as an Elite guest too, just let me know and I'll be more than happy to take care of that for you.

Thanks for taking the time to let our future guests about us. You hit the nail on the head--we've worked very hard to improve and my team and I are working daily to live up to great guest (fan) reviews are posting for us!

We're glad to have you as our guest, and I know we'll see you back soon!

--Christopher
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The staff and service at this hotel are excellent! We particularly enjoyed the complimentary breakfast (excellent) and the nightly happy hour (also complimentary with two drinks per room and unlimited snacks)! Our room (116) was spotless and daily maid service was exemplary. Any request to the staff was promptly and cheerfully filled. The only negative has nothing to do with the hotel itself... We stayed on New Years Eve, and due to the 12-13 mile drive into New Orleans, cab fare was $35-$40. And be warned, late in the evening, cabbies don't want to ride all the way out to Westwego, so in order to finally get one, our group of 8 had to resort to offering to double the fare. With traffic this came to $80 before tip. If you're planning to drive into town as we did all the other days though, this is a fantastic place to stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MarciaB1059
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Ms. Marcia,

It was wonderful having you as our guest during Sugar Bowl, hopefully your team won! But it sounds like you won anyway as your stay with us was a GREAT ONE! Thanks for letting our future guests know about how clean and comfortable your accommodations were, we try extra hard and it looks like it's paying off.

I was however saddened to hear about the problems you experienced with the cab service. We do have a discounted rate available with Westbank Taxi service of $30.00 and generally if they are called they will come and get you from the French Quarter area. I would be lying if I said I hadn't heard of your situation in the past, but one of the reasons we do recommend Westbank Taxi service is because I do know they're owner and have in the past if there was an issue brought it to his attention, as our guests are his guests. So I'm very sorry for the troubles you had, but overall it sounds like you enjoyed your time in our great city and your stay with us.
My team and I can't wait to see you back soon!

Canton, MI
Reviewed December 29, 2012

After a really crummy drive in four hours of pouring rain, we were met by many sunshiny faces at the desk. Got our room promptly and asked for some help in finding a good place to have dinner. The staff gave a suggestion and directions. That worked out great. Had a really good night's sleep there, best I'd had in five nights of travel. The hot breakfast had a number of choices and everything I tried was really good. Even the bacon (was crispy) and eggs, which usually do not turn out so well at hotels. Had no problems at all here and would gladly return if in the New Orleans area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ken H
Mr. Ken,

Wow! Thanks for your great review! I'm pleased to hear that our team was able to make your long and crummy drive worth it:) Thanks for spreading the word about our awesome Hot Breakfast on the Bayou and I promise that with great comments like yours, my team and I will be looking for your return...hopefully with a better drive this time! We can't wait to see you back soon.

McCalla, Al
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Last minute trip for a friend's NOLA wedding. All the other reviews I read before booking were right on. It is newly renovated and billed as 100% no smoking rooms which was part of the reason I booked there. I hate to have to even mention this part because everything else and the personnel was great but my room still smelled like cigarette smoke. For those of us who are very sensitive to this smell it was a negative. It must have been the mattress because when I got back home my pajamas that I wore to bed that night were the only thing that smelled like cigarette smoke.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank uascotty
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear UAScotty,

Thanks for taking the time to review our team and our hotel. I'm delighted to hear that you found our team and hotel to be most accommodating during your friends New Orleans wedding.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the smoking smell that you noticed during your stay and even when you left. As you mentioned we are 100% non smoking, believe it or not this does not deter guests from smoking and neither does a $150 penalty that is collected. Certainly in the event that a guest violates our policy, my team deep cleans and disinfects the entire room, including but not limited to all window treatments, carpet and anything else that we can wash excluding the mattress of course. We do use a special machine that cleans and purifies the air in the room as well to rid of the smell.

With that said, I do apologize for the inconvenience you were caused, I know my apology can't change your experience however I want you and all of our potential fans to know that my team and I are dedicated to ensuring our guests have a positive and enjoyable experience while staying with us. I do hope that should you be in the Greater New Orleans area that you would allow us another chance to make it up to you.

Byron, GA
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice and I just LOVE IT!! It's very clean, everyone on the staff were friendly, and the service is top of the line all the way round. I did not have any problems with check in/check out and the hot breakfast is to die for! I love the fact I'm in New Orleans and can enjoy the "wildness" of my city when I return home however the hotel is tucked away so nicely on the Westbank that I can relax for the next day of events.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Unlanders J
Christopher A, General Manager at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Unlanders J,

WOW! My team and I would like to thank you for your amazing review! It's nice to know that our guests are seeing the hard work and changes that we've been making to provide our guests a better experience. If I could sum up into a paragraph of what we have been trying to do, i don't think i could say it any better than you. You nailed it on the head!

We don't want to be that French Quarter, wild and crazy hotel, instead we want to be the quiet, relaxing, affordable hotel with AMAZING service, clean and comfortable (newly renovated)rooms and a killer breakfast! All for a great value of course:)

So thanks again, my team and I eagerly look forward to your next visit, and to all of those who read your wonderful review!

Christopher Anderson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westwego
Express Inn and Suites
#2 of 2 in Westwego
Comfort Inn Marrero
#2 of 3 in Marrero
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 22 in Metairie
Central Business District
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans

Been to Best Western Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!