“Played slots over 1 hr..No drinks.”

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I stayed at the Isle, played the slot machine for over a hr and quit went to the bar myself to get a drink. Stayed 2 nites here. and the service of the waitresses was awlful. The bartenders great. Watched Chubby Checker at the show he was wonderful... Go Chubby you look great. He loved the people.... The band playing in the club was also good. Our room in the tower was not ready by 3pm. Had to keep asking when it would be ready by 4 we were in the room. The buffet was not so good.. I asked for a water view they said they had none... They did.. The rooms in the tower where old and worn, I looked out of our balcony and the pool had all sorts of tree limbs and garbage in it. It is closed this time of yr but come on. Clean the pool please... I have visited this casino many times and they need some improvements... Listen management..........

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank grandmatexas
There are newer reviews for Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles

Reviewed December 21, 2010

I find the little hotel outside of the casino to be rather low end. I only go if I have comps or just need a place to rest btw casinos. The inn is run down and non-smoking rooms often smell like smoke. It is not well kept, hallways nor rooms. The inn's staff are always friendly. I am usually with others or else I wouldn't stay at all. The inn is just not clean enough. If you can stay at the other casino, you would be better off.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank lsutdw
Reviewed December 12, 2010

I thought I had booked a room, through Travelocity, at the Inn at the Isle. The Inn at the Isle is the lower-end, more "motel" accommodation and not attached to the casino at all. It's actually a good walk across the parking lot.
I hadn't been to the Isle of Capri since about 2002 when I came here to gamble and drink while living in Houston. The casinos are more fun here than in Vegas, just because the staff aren't stuck up at all and you can just go up to the bar and order a drink for free. If you tip the bartenders at all (I don't think many people do), they treat you really well. But I'm not much of a gambler and neither is my partner, so I don't know that we're their target demographic, especially since I no longer live anywhere near there.
We got in about 9pm and I went to the cramped front desk area at the Inn. The woman looked my reservation up and told me to hold on because she had to call someone about it. Turns out that the reservation had somehow been moved to the hotel across the way. That would annoy me normally, but I paid something like $50 for this room and I knew very well that the hotel across the way was much, much nicer than the place I thought we were going to stay. I moved the car because I didn't want to haul the luggage across the lot, but I guess most of the casino patrons feel the need to park in the surface lot (it's actually closer to park in the garage if you're just going to the casino, but Texans don't like parking garages), so we didn't get much closer.
We ended up with a huge room on the 7th floor overlooking the lake and the bridge. It was such a pleasant surprise to be in such a nice room when I was expecting a generic motel room. There was a jacuzzi tub and separate shower, three TVs (including a small one in the bathroom), a desk, couch and, as I said, a great view of the lake, bridge and city. We were toward the end of the hall, so we were away from the boat.
We spent part of the night just walking around the casino, playing a couple of slots and drinking the free drinks. Had some interaction with some really, really nice staff and actually ended up having a really good time there. I had good memories of the place, and wanted my partner too as well. She seemed to really enjoy it, if only for the really nice room (especially the jacuzzi tub).
Now this was Thanksgiving Eve and I booked it just a couple of days before we came, so that may have something to do with the ridiculous price I paid for this room. I would have paid a lot more than what I did though, because it was certainly worth more.
The only weird thing about the room was that there wasn't a real door on the bathroom, just a sort of vented, wooden French door. It was just strange but I'm sure it's mostly couples that stay in this room anyway, so it's not really a big deal, or at least it wasn't to us.
I was worried about noise that night because they get so many obnoxious Texans here, but we ended up sleeping really well and were able to get up at a reasonable time the next morning to continue the drive.
I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend the place to anyone. I had thought about just getting a cheap road motel in Sulphur or even Jennings, but I'm so glad I chose this place.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank colinaz
Reviewed November 22, 2010

This past weekend we stayed at the Isle of Capri. We payed $150.00 for our rooms, which were absolutely disgusting. There was a blood smear on the bathroom wall directly in front of the toilet, the shower leaked water every where, the bathtub was filthy, the curtains had stains on them, and the "non-smoking" room strongly smelled of smoke. That was just the beginning of the issues. We went to an ATM to with drawl money, and the machine never dispensed the money. We informed the desk, and said they couldn't do anything. They didn't offer to tell me the correct person to contact, all they did was give me a bad attitude and literally make fun of me with their co-workers, while I was still standing there. Later we were denied access to the casino by the same employee. He then threatened my spouse, beginning to take off his badge and saying "lets take this outside". Wow. That just screams professionalism. Another male employee then got involved, and he proceeded to scream and curse at me as well. I asked to speak to the manager, and he did absolutely nothing. He defended his employee, and told us that it was our problem once again. I have never been treated so poorly in my entire life. This place doesn't care about you or your business. Apparently, their pathetic excuse for employees are more important than paying customers. Do not stay here, unless you wish to stay in an expensive dump and be treated like garbage!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Xkneeburr22
Reviewed November 17, 2010

We booked this hotel online while we traveling through Louisiana. The rates were very good (69.00) and the room was nice. We enjoyed the casino but had to wait a very long time to play at the only $5.00 blackjack table they had. Loved the dealers...the hotel staff were polite ...but let me tell you about the Calypso Buffet! We went in for lunch and had to interupt the hostess that was busy visiting with a co-worker...she then told us to sit where we wanted to. After going through the buffet, (which was horrible and made us both sick about 30 minutes later) our waiter comes to the table to say that we are not allowed to sit where we were! It was not roped off and no signs to tell you any different. We were treated poorly by the guys behind the counters and the waiter and would not go back there again!!! Trying to sleep is another story. We stayed in the tower, which was nice, we went to bed and I heard this roar going off and on ...sounded just like planes taking off and landing just outside our room. We called the front desk and asked if we were by an airport?! They said that it was the riverboat motors. I guess i would recommend not staying in a room with a view of the lake because you will not get any sleep. They do need to clean the carpets but other than that it was a pretty place to be.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I don't usually stay at hotels of this caliber. What a pleasant surprise. The room was huge, had a balcony, jazzuzi. I almost didn't want to leave the hotel to gamble.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2010

first of all i am not going to compare this place to vegas come on now i am not stupid..we have been going there since they open up and over the years i have seen the up dates so i know that they do update.it was pretty bad after the hurricane but it bounce back even better we go there every monthand i will continue to until Texas has their own .will be there October 29 with bells on (GOD WILLING)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Golden Nugget Hotel
Courtyard Lake Charles
#11 of 36 in Lake Charles
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lake Charles Casino Area
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lake Charles

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles? Share your experiences!