Tripadvisor
Westlake
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews tower rooms free play king bed lone wolf otis slots
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2019

The casino is great. Had a fun time playing the games. The rooms and food are another story. Our room was very dusty. The sheets on my bed were stained and had someone else's hair on them. The sheets were very rough and pilled up. The mattresses high in the center and slopped toward the floor so it made you feel like you were rolling off the bed with any movement. The carpet was stained and gross. The toilet wasn't clean. Of course we didn't notice any of this till time to call it a night as we just dropped our stuff and went straight to the casino. I slept in my clothes. We grabbed food from the all night restaurant around midnight and there was only 1 person working the front. She was trying her best to get everyones orders, deliver the food, clean tables, fill condiments, etc. She was frazzled. The food was nasty. I ordered a cheeseburger with no pickles or onions and french fries. Was informed they were out of american cheese. I could have swiss or pepper jack. I opted for neither. The meat was cheap full of fillers and unappetizing. And of course there was onions on it and there was a quarter wedge of pickle in the container so the juice soaked in the bun. The tomatoes was old and mushy. Needless to say, I did not eat any of it. My husband did like the boudin eggroll.
This was not the best experience for me. They can do much better.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shelly W
JenniferJ3681, Public Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

We sincerely apologize for your experience No Sugar Coating. Can you please Direct Message us with the best contact phone number or email address to speak with you directly?
Thank you,Isle of Capri Casino Lake Charles

Reviewed December 28, 2019

This place is disturbingly disgusting. It is NOT a resort. No pool, no bar, no restaurant. Got here at 330 and the rude lady at the front said we couldn't check in until 4. Came back 10 minutes later to.wait un the lobby and people were checking in. Room has nothing in it. No fridge, no microwave, nothing. You pay a resort fee because it is across the street from the casino. I wish there was negative stats.
I never leave reviews but this place SUCKS!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue, The. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. It sounds like you stayed at the Inn. The Inn is still our property and you have access to all of the amenities that we have on property so we would like to explain our resort fee. We have a resort fee, because we are considered a resort. We have 2 hotels, a pool, a gym, 3 restaurants, and a casino. All of these things qualify us as a resort. We would like to let you know that we do have plans to build a new fully land based facility in the very near future. Again, we would like to apologize to you for the lack of friendliness and cleanliness you experienced. We pride ourselves in having the friendliest staff, and we will be reaching out to our hotel management team in an effort to improve in all aspects. Thank you for your review, and we hope you will give us another chance to earn a better rating.

Thank you, Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles…

Reviewed December 1, 2019

Stayed in a comp room. This is a nice casino with friendly staff. We enjoyed the gambling but they need a room for non smokers. I really like the self serve beverages. The rooms are large and the linens are Marriot quality.

Date of stay: November 2019
JenniferJ3681, Public Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2019

Thank you so much for the 5 stars and your kind review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and will pass it along to our management team. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 1, 2019

Hi All.
I wish I had read a review like this before my 2 night stay at the Isle of Capri Hotel (Lake Charlies).

There is always some good... but it's really hard to find at this hotel / casino.

1) The staff run hot/cold. Some friendly - most really NOT friendly. ((We asked a simple "Hi, is there any place to eat?" and got a reaction like asking for their kidney. This was the common reaction. That staff is not a 'happy staff'))

2) Hotel: All the common areas throughout are dingy & dirty. Let me say this again because I can't stress this enough... every floor, piece of furniture, wall and wall art, every nook & cranny, every window.. everything: dingy and dirty.

3) Our Rooms: We were assigned non-smoking Room A, but the Pot Smell was so strong we called down to the front desk to ask for a new room. They (nicely) moved us to room B. The folks we traveled with were in room C. That makes (3) different rooms we saw on this stay. All (3) were so, so, so dingy. (The Hotel website said it opened in June 1995.. I believe that)

4) You are charged $9/night for a 'resort fee'. I can't tell you what this is for. The building is a stand alone building.The internet is free (You can use it to look at websites of better hotels). But there is NO resort to be found.

My best advise:
If you are not going to pay the big bucks, stay at local hotels like Hilton/Marriott in the area. They will be newer hotels, cleaner hotels, w/ a hot breakfast, free internet, a pool and a gym. But no $9/'resort fee' added.

Date of stay: November 2019

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue, Chip_1323. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. We are very sorry to hear that the rooms you stayed in were not clean up to standards. The Inn is an older hotel, but should still be cleaned to the level guests are accustomed to. When you stay here you should be made to feel at home and relax, but it appears that was not the case here. We would like to explain our resort fee. We have a resort fee, because we are considered a resort. We have 2 hotels, a pool, a gym, 3 restaurants, and a casino. All of these things qualify us as a resort. We would like to let you know that we do have plans to build a new fully land based facility in the very near future. Again, we would like to apologize to you for the lack of friendliness and cleanliness you experienced. We pride ourselves in having the friendliest staff, and we will be reaching out to our hotel management team in an effort to improve in all aspects. Thank you for your review, and we hope you will give us another chance to earn a better rating.

Thank you, Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles

Reviewed November 7, 2019 via mobile

There is no much tables compare to the other 2 nearby casinos. Although I played for 7 hours and lost $1000 they told me that I am still not eligible for a free meal! I just payed there 10 years back, it is no more my 1st option.
I will not play there again

Trip type: Traveled solo
JenniferJ3681, Public Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2019

Hello. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit with us. We have 2 levels of table games, plus a fusion Blackjack/Roulette electronic table. We are sorry you did not find us to have enough to choose from. When you play on the tables you can earn points just like on the slot machines, which can be used towards food, slot play or towards a purchase at the gift shop. We hope you will give us another chance to make a better impression. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.