“Unpleasant Experience”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westlake
Retired in Texas
“Unpleasant Experience”
Reviewed December 25, 2006

We booked out room mid Nov. for Dec 24-25 stay. The internet site led me to believe I was booking the hotel connected to the Casino--that is what I wanted. We arrived to check in, long wait, only one staff person checking in guests. Finally my turn arrives and the gal informs me that I'm booked over at other bldg. and I said why was that, she said, well you booked on the internet and thats what you get---if we have any rooms here it would be higher then what you were told. I said, no I was quoted 139.00 per nite and want to stay here, said well its only 57.00 per nite over there and thats where they put you. Rather then argue since man behind me was fuming from standing in line, I reluctlantly agreed to take the other side. That was a big mistake. The paper thin walls made for hearing talking and flushing toilets, the hallway traffic was extremely noisey and those people had no regard for other
guests. They advertise mint on your pillow--well not in the cheap seats which is where I felt I was put. I will never stay at the hotel again---I had reservations and a confirmation # since mid Nov. and I get stuck in the low end accommodations. I wanted to spend my holiday in a nice special place---I didn't get that, I do intend to write to the hotel manager and register my complaint.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Talk to live person, confirm where you will be staying and what you'll get for the Money
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Brazens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Shreveport, LA
Reviewed September 17, 2006

I will not stay at this place again! I have been twice in the past two years on business and had to stay at the Inn at the Isle both times bc the tower rooms that are connected to the casino are always full. When checking in, I seemed to be the only female staying there as it was abuzz with men in work coveralls who were drinking beer outside the lobby at 2:30 in the afternoon. Of course, my room wasn't ready yet so I came back at 5 and was told that there were no more nonsmoking rooms even though that is what I had confirmed. It took forever for the lady at the desk to figure out where to put me - especially since she kept ignoring me to answer the phone that kept ringing. Finally, another girl came to help her and they found me a nonsmoking room that was a different bed-type than what I had booked, but that was fine. As a female traveling alone, I was taken aback when one of the girls behind the desk announced my room number to the other one with a total stranger male standing right there. While I was checking in, I noticed two people who called or came by the front desk bc they had no tv remote in their room. Guess what - when I got to my room, no remote. I called as soon as I got in the room and they said they would try to find me one. Of course I never heard from them again. When I called again at 9:30 after dinner, they said they had a remote at the front desk that might work if I wanted to come get it (even though there were 2 employees at the front desk). I said forget it. The rooms are not particulary clean and you can hear EVERYTHING that is said or goes on in the hallway. This is not a place for light sleepers. This hotel is also in an isolated area. If you aren't there to gamble you will be bored. There are no other restaurants, gas stations, anything right around the casino/hotel. The people who work at this place are a joke. If I ever have another business meeting at the Isle, I will stay in the tower hotel or I will just go stay somewhere else.

Stayed September 2006
7 Thank Shreveport-LA

Travelers are raving about these Westlake hotels

austin
Reviewed July 2, 2006

The Inn across the street from the casino is a great deal, but you know why the minute you step into it. There is no staff at the front desk, so you have to do everything across the street (like check in, etc.) The main hotel was completely overwhelmed when we were there, so we waited 45 minutes to check in. The rooms were hot and the air conditioner didn't seem to be working properly and no one responded to our call (no maintenance at the Inn, either). The room wasn't exactly dirty, but it was dingy and old. Bed was old, shower head was pitiful, etc.

If all you want is a place to lay your head down at night, then this place is a great deal. If you want anything more, I suggest you pony up and spend the extra money to stay at the main hotel.

Stayed February 2006
7 Thank katshif
san antonio, TX
Reviewed June 27, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the "Inn" accross the parking lot from the casino. Here is a tip, bring an umbrella because you have to walk under a Live Oak tree which is home to a million pigeons. The posted check-in times have no meaning. Every time we attempted to check in we were told to come back in an hour or so. Our room wasn't quite ready. After three trips to the front desk and our room still wasn't ready we told the desk clerk we were leaving and to cancel our room. Miracle of miracles the room was suddenly ready. When I turned the bed covers down the underside of the bedspread had a little holes burned into it from cigaretts. Charming. There were plenty of clean fresh towels in the bathroom. Too bad it hadn't been mopped. The tub was cleaned though. How can they clean the tub, stock the towels, and put out little toiletries but not mop the floor? I am not sure they cleaned the counter top either. You see, you get a little pink bird shaped soap to wash your hands with. Only the counter top had little pink marks on it. Like when you pick up the soap, use it and put it down. It leaves little pink soap marks. The casino was nice. Not Vegas by any means, but a very friendly staff. The buffet hours posted didn't mean anything either. The breakfast buffet was supposed to stay open until 11 am. We showed up at 9:50 am and were rudely told they were closed. It looked like they had shut down about 9 am. So we went upstairs to Tradewinds and had a choice of three items that they had left on their menu. I don't think we will return any time soon.

• Stayed June 2006
7 Thank LSUfansanantonio_TX
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 20, 2006

I and my wife had to go to the Isle of Capri so that I could speak at a seminar. When I tried to look up the Hotel it wasn't even listed. Isle of Capri is only in the "attractions" section. I tried to look up its restaurants and did not find even the high end restaurant at the hotel listed. I did see that "Chuck E Cheese" is the 8th best "restaurant" in Lake Charels. Boy. In any event, we stayed in the tower hotel attached to the casino and had a large, clean and well-furnished room with a king size bed and a jacuzzi right next to the bed. The room was on a non-smoking floor and it seems that the policy is enforced because it smelled wonderful, which is not at all.
The restaurant, Farraday's, was lovely. and the food was beautifully prepared and presented and of the highest quality. There were several lower cost restaurants and a very nice buffet. We were comped a buffet. We had to pester two different pit bosses to get a comp to Farradays, however. We ate there twice, once on our own dime. Try the corn and crawfish chowder. The hotel itself appears to be well run and everything is brightly colored with a tropical motif. Like all casinos, there are some machines that pay and a lot that don't. The table games have slightly higher limits than some would like, but the whole thing was brightly lit and surprisingly lacking in that typical smoky casino environment.
There are actually two casino boats docked back to back so there are plenty of machines and tables. The hotel staff was pleasant and everything about our stay went off without a hitch. By the way, at $79.00 a night on a Thursday, compared to $359.00 at the L'Auberge, the value here is tremendous. Please put the Isle in the list of hotels. I don't think the Days Inn has a jacuzzi suite. Be advised, however, there is an adjoining motel-looking building called "Inn at the Isle". I did not go near that and can't give any other information about it.
I am going to speak at a similar seminar in Bossier City in June and I have already reserved my room at the Isle there. In any event, the tower at the Isle has to be included in the Lake Charles hotel reviews for that to have any credibility at all.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Golden Nugget Hotel
#12 of 34 in Lake Charles
Hampton Inn Lake Charles
Hampton Inn Lake Charles
#4 of 34 in Lake Charles

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles? Share your experiences!