“Great weekend getaway”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westlake
Houston, Texas
“Great weekend getaway”
Reviewed February 19, 2009

My husband and I took a weekend excursion to Isle of Capri and was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. We booked a suite and was very pleased with the size of the room as well as the abundance of towels and other amenities provided. Checkin was a breeze, was in our room in 5 minutes. The bed was extraordinary - best night's sleep I've had in a while. Casino was rocking - really had a nice night! The players club attendees need more caffeine - I went to the desk on 2 separate occasions and neither time did I feel as though I had the attendees' attention. We only had the breakfast buffet - it was not very good, not many options, but actually helped me stay on my diet (which was a good thing!):) I have told all of my friends and would definately stay here again!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Lake Charles, La
Reviewed November 16, 2008

im from right here in Lake Charles, For the last 2 summers I have been frequenting the Tower Hotel at The Isle of Capri. every week for the months of june and july me and my husband would gather up our girls, ages 3-16, and their friends and head to the hotel just for the purpose of the pool! they have a very fun water slide/tunnel, and a big hot tub. Also have a sauna and a great gym. everyone was always friendly and check in was always a breeze even with long lines.

as i said we stayed many many times in many different rooms, even the "top floor" rooms and never had any complaints. every room had a great big jacuzzi tub, VERY comfortable beds, and always very clean.

As for the Casino itself...very fun, the employees are very friendly, (blackjacks my game) i got to know the dealers, cocktail waitresses, bartenders, security, etc. always a fun time! especially knowing i can have all the drinks i can handle and my room is only walking distance. Plus the food in the buffet is really good too!

as for the Inn at the Isle (the little hotel across the lot) i would always pass on that.

• Liked — pool area, kids arcade
  • Disliked — loved it all
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
pasadena, tx
Reviewed October 1, 2008

Had a pretty good time. Got a non-smoking room with jacuzzi, and was pleased. Room is a little outdated in decor but still a great space for the price.

• Liked — Jacuzzi was nice
  • Disliked — Decor a little outdated
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
WEST CENTRAL LOUISIANA
Reviewed June 27, 2008

My husband and I stayed one night. We loved the overall decor, bright lights, and location on the lake. I thought I was reserving a room in the building with the casinos, as my husband is a senior, but was directed to the building across the parking lot. It was a short walk away, with lovely landscaping. Our car was parked half way between both, in a well lit and seemingly safe lot. Though bedding wascomfortable and furnishings colorful, the room was worn and the carpet tired. We were amused that the bathroom door bumped into the toilet, to open and close it. We had a room on the end, if that makes a difference. After checking in, we went to the casinos where the lights were bright, noise level loud, and the eateries varied. We were confused with the different levels and didn't realize, until we were tired going up and down escalators, that the non-smoking boat was the one on the right, from the entrance. We would have spent all our time there had we known. The slots were TIGHT, the complimentary drinks were aplenty, and the staff helpful and engaging. It would have been good to win a few spins, for what we spent.

• Liked — Decor
  • Disliked — Tight slots
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed June 14, 2008

Stayed at the Inn at Capri. The surrounding area is not the best, Industrial setting, located under the bridge on westlake. A freight train track runs through the property and the neighborhood is not pretty. The rooms were ok, the thermostat was set and couldn't be adjusted, the beds were ok but the pillows were so flat I had to prop mine up with a towel. Very uncompfortable. The front desk staff all left at about ten pm. My Husband and I were at the casino while my daughter 14 stayed in the room.after 10:30pm. They had a fire drill while we were out and she had to leave the room. I was not paged at the casino I was in and thankfully the staff let her back into the room. I never saw a pool.
The casino is two docked boats that sit on the lake.
No complimentary breakfast was offered. coffee in the room, the pot was dusty and I'm not sure when it was cleaned last. The remote on the tv only changed channels 3 times & then would only operate manually.
I was not impressed.

• Liked — NA
  • Disliked — Pillows comfort & scenery
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Westlake hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 25, 2008

Stayed in one of the Tower Rooms for $109 per night. Very comfortable king bed with sitting room. Jacuzzi in room. Nice amenities - shower gel, lotions, etc. Nice view of lake from the room.
Walls were very very thin... could hear the people next door easily.
Good shower and water pressure.
Free parking - pool looked clean, but didn't get to use it.
Eating areas are limited. We tried the buffet (ok), but none of the other restaurants.
Good for a casino hotel.

• Liked — comfortable bed and friendly front desk personnel
  • Disliked — thin walls
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Biloxi, MS
Reviewed May 20, 2008

We stayed at his "Inn" on our way to Houston. The room was not very clean. I would not walk on the floors without shoes or slippers and wasn't comfortable sleeping in the bed or using the bathroom. The toilet bowl was so stained. It looked as though it had not be cleaned in weeks. We ate dinner in the steak house and it was awful. We paid $24,00 and $32.00 each for steaks only. After a very long period of time, our waiter came to the table and told us the steaks had been cooking for 20 minutes and could the chef butterfly them to speed this up. We reluctantly agreed. Our steaks were small, pitiful, over cooked and tasteless. Needless to say, we left most of the meal on the plate. With a $6.00 bottle of wine and one order of mushrooms ($7.00) our bill was $74.67. We did tip the waiter, since he was congenial and at no fault, but we will never waste our time at this casino again.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Golden Nugget Hotel
#12 of 34 in Lake Charles
Hampton Inn Lake Charles
Hampton Inn Lake Charles
#4 of 34 in Lake Charles

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles? Share your experiences!