“Was a good Experience!”

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed October 1, 2008

Had a pretty good time. Got a non-smoking room with jacuzzi, and was pleased. Room is a little outdated in decor but still a great space for the price.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles

Reviewed June 27, 2008

My husband and I stayed one night. We loved the overall decor, bright lights, and location on the lake. I thought I was reserving a room in the building with the casinos, as my husband is a senior, but was directed to the building across the parking lot. It was a short walk away, with lovely landscaping. Our car was parked half way between both, in a well lit and seemingly safe lot. Though bedding wascomfortable and furnishings colorful, the room was worn and the carpet tired. We were amused that the bathroom door bumped into the toilet, to open and close it. We had a room on the end, if that makes a difference. After checking in, we went to the casinos where the lights were bright, noise level loud, and the eateries varied. We were confused with the different levels and didn't realize, until we were tired going up and down escalators, that the non-smoking boat was the one on the right, from the entrance. We would have spent all our time there had we known. The slots were TIGHT, the complimentary drinks were aplenty, and the staff helpful and engaging. It would have been good to win a few spins, for what we spent.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2008

Stayed at the Inn at Capri. The surrounding area is not the best, Industrial setting, located under the bridge on westlake. A freight train track runs through the property and the neighborhood is not pretty. The rooms were ok, the thermostat was set and couldn't be adjusted, the beds were ok but the pillows were so flat I had to prop mine up with a towel. Very uncompfortable. The front desk staff all left at about ten pm. My Husband and I were at the casino while my daughter 14 stayed in the room.after 10:30pm. They had a fire drill while we were out and she had to leave the room. I was not paged at the casino I was in and thankfully the staff let her back into the room. I never saw a pool.
The casino is two docked boats that sit on the lake.
No complimentary breakfast was offered. coffee in the room, the pot was dusty and I'm not sure when it was cleaned last. The remote on the tv only changed channels 3 times & then would only operate manually.
I was not impressed.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2008

Stayed in one of the Tower Rooms for $109 per night. Very comfortable king bed with sitting room. Jacuzzi in room. Nice amenities - shower gel, lotions, etc. Nice view of lake from the room.
Walls were very very thin... could hear the people next door easily.
Good shower and water pressure.
Free parking - pool looked clean, but didn't get to use it.
Eating areas are limited. We tried the buffet (ok), but none of the other restaurants.
Good for a casino hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2008

We stayed at his "Inn" on our way to Houston. The room was not very clean. I would not walk on the floors without shoes or slippers and wasn't comfortable sleeping in the bed or using the bathroom. The toilet bowl was so stained. It looked as though it had not be cleaned in weeks. We ate dinner in the steak house and it was awful. We paid $24,00 and $32.00 each for steaks only. After a very long period of time, our waiter came to the table and told us the steaks had been cooking for 20 minutes and could the chef butterfly them to speed this up. We reluctantly agreed. Our steaks were small, pitiful, over cooked and tasteless. Needless to say, we left most of the meal on the plate. With a $6.00 bottle of wine and one order of mushrooms ($7.00) our bill was $74.67. We did tip the waiter, since he was congenial and at no fault, but we will never waste our time at this casino again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2008

A high dollar hotel without amenities. Desk clerk starts off by lying about the rates and why we got one rate at 1 pm and then told it was $80 more only 2 hours later. Desk clerks were very rude. We called the supervisor, who so kindly "split the difference" with us, but that didn't make up for the poor treatment.

For $199 a night, the jacuzzi was broken, the TV only had 5 channels, there was no microwave or refrigerator,and the room was drab and barely furnished. The point is to keep you in the casino - so they charge outrageous amounts for the rooms to make you think you are getting something nice, then they give you 1 star treatment and a 1 star room. We not only won't stay here again, we will never again patronize this casino.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2008

I am not even sure where to begin on this review. We stayed at the Inn across from the casino. I am a single parent who was traveling with 2 teenagers. Ended up in Lake Charles due to inclement weather returning from visit to LSU. Decided that we would try the "value" priced Inn rather than a room at the Casino. Upon check-in, (only one person at desk) it took about 45 minutes to get into the room. Said all they had left was a smoking room, even though I had been told by prior phone call that there were plenty of rooms available. Arrived 15 minutes after phone call to find only smoking rooms. Checked in, got all luggage up to room and decided to go accross the street to casino buffet to eat. Came back to room about 2 hours later to find that A/C was not working. Called maintenance and found out about an hour later that indeed the A/C was NOT working. Maintenance said he would go tell front desk and find us another room. Miraculously, he found us a room right down the hall (room# 666) that was non-smoking, 2 double beds. We moved down the hall in pajamas (it was about 12am). After we moved everything in and settled down, a strong odor was seeping out from under one of the beds. I had one of the teenagers lift up the mattress and box springs to see if he could locate something under the bed. There was a plastic bag under the bed that had something inside that smelled like rotten flesh or blood. There was dark hair or something against the side of the bag and it the bag was swollen looking. I immediately started throwing up from the strong odor as did the teenagers. (so much for the $20 each buffet). I called the front desk and told them there was something under the bed that was dead and that we could not stay in the room. The gentleman who answered the phone (at the casino hotel~because no one was at the Inn front desk at this time), was very rude and said "well, I guess we can put you in a suite at the Casino Hotel but it will cost you". I told him I was stranded at this Hotel. It was 1am in the morning. I had 2 teenagers with me, it was pouring down rain outside with tornado warnings and I had no choice but to stay at the hotel. He then said, "well, I guess I could upgrade you to the better room at the same rate, but you will have to bring all your luggage and drive over here and check in." I had no choice but to load up and go to the casino hotel. The new room was clean and nice, but it was old. All of the hotel rooms seem really dated. But, by the time we got checked in and to the room it was almost 2am and I just needed a bed to lie down in. Upon check-out the next day, they were rude and asked how many rooms I had been moved to. I tried to explain that I had been in three different rooms and tried to explain the circumstances. I was told that they would not charge me for the room at that point. But, guess what.....I got my credit card statement and I was charged full price for a room. And no one would tell me what was found under the bed in room 666. I just know it had yellow caution tape accross it when we went and checked about 12noon the next day. The lady at the front desk said that when she came to work at 6am, that security was all around but no one said anything about what occurred. I think Isle of Capris is covering something up and something happened in this room #666 at the Inn and they don't want to admit to it. No one would tell me anything. But, it was a horrific odor that haunts me and my teenagers to this day.

We had a horrible experience with Isle of Capri Casinos and will NEVER stay there again. At least not in Lake Charles, La.

Rude staff, understaffed, poor condition of the rooms, run down and out dated, smelly and obviously dirty.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank LSUParent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Golden Nugget Hotel
Courtyard Lake Charles
#10 of 36 in Lake Charles
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lake Charles Casino Area
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lake Charles

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles? Share your experiences!