“Great hotel hospitality.”

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms at the tower were spacious and looked newly remodeled. The only drawback was our luck at the casino. The room made up for our losses. Will make plans to visit again.

Room Tip: Pick the tower rooms, not the inn rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rene Y
Eric E, Director of Hotel Operations at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you so much for your recent stay and your great comments about our new Tower hotel rooms. We have received a lot of amazing feedback regarding our entire remodel of the Tower guest rooms, meeting rooms, fitness room and lobby. Our goal is to make Isle of Capri your favorite place to Stay and Play and we look forward to your next visit. See you soon.

There are newer reviews for Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I've been going to this hotel for years but have not been for about 5 years. In the past the hotel rooms were not always clean and many of the employees had really bad attitudes. I was just there 12/23 - 12/25/2013 and I must say this hotel has changed drastically. Obviously there is new management. The rooms are renovated beautifully and very clean, every employee from the waiters to security to the maids to pit bosses wish you good luck with big smiles. Everyone is helpful and cheerful. Amazing! Before they would all be complaining about how much they hated their job! It was great. Love the new look and the new attitude. If you're like me and have had bad experiences at the Isle of Capri Lake Charles I would suggest giving them another chance... I stayed in a Jr. Tower suite - a nice large room with comfortable seating and a desk, plenty of hot water for the HUGE soaking tub, a/c and heating worked perfectly. Very little outside noise in the room. There's a nice window overlooking the river and the bridge. I had the lunch and breakfast buffet. The lunch buffet was OK with plenty of choices but some of the food was somewhat dried out and not perfectly cooked. Breakfast had fewer choices but the food was great both mornings. I saw many people winning on slots all over the casino. I actually gambled alot and came out with just slightly less than I arrived with, so not a big winner but I hardly lost anything either, so I consider that a win! I will definitely return, thanks for a great trip!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brenda B

Thank you very much for your recent stay and your great comments. Our goal is to make Isle of Capri your favorite place to Stay and Play. 2014 looks to be an exciting year here at the Isle with new slot machines and an expanded non smoking area in the casino along with great updates to The Buffet and Tradewinds. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Love the isle, outstanding service in the casino, where I spend most of my time. Rooms at the Inn or the Tower are comfortable and clean,my favorite place to eat is at Otis & Henry's.Skip the buffett, find Otis & Henry's , you will not be disappointed! But if you are into cajun food, you have to try Pat's of Henderson...

Room Tip: Get there early on the weekends, they fill up fast.Confirm your reservation with a credit card to ma...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Eric E, Director of Hotel Operations at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit. I’m glad to read that the Isle of Capri is your favorite place to stay and play in Lake Charles. We have some great changes to both The Buffet and Otis & Henry’s in 2014. See you soon.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have really enjoyed the buffet in the past but the past 3 months have been awful,I frequent there often,the seafood buffet was terrible 12/6/13,visited 12/7/13 had leftover food from yesterday and it looked the part....pls do better

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Lisa is a very nice and knowledgble front desk clerk, she showed her passion for her job in her work, and made our stay more than pleasant. I will definitely be back. She insured my stay was accommodating, and that i had every amenity that i needed to make certain my stay was satisfactory. Keep up the great work Lisa. Its good to know a business prides itself with the hiring of such wonderful workers

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your recent visit and your recognition of Lisa at the Front Desk. I will pass along your comments to her and the entire Front Desk team. We are glad that the Isle of Capri is your favorite place to stay and play and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I called the casino and asked if they accepted pets and the person that answered the phone stated YES. I said thank you and the phone conversation ended. I then made a reservation online. When I arrived with my two Chihuahuas and mother in law.
When we arrived the woman who checked us in was very unfriendly. I did not get a welcoming feeling as we approached. She then informed us that we had to pay a $200.00 deposit for our pets and she had to check to see if any pet friendly rooms were available. None of this was mentioned to me during my phone call. In addition to this there was a $50.00 deposit on each room I rented and a $25.00 cleaning fee on with the pets. I do not mind the cleaning fee but was not prepared for such big deposits on the rooms. I have traveled to many great hotels and have never had to pay such a big pet deposit.
At the desk we canceled our reservations and loaded back up for the trip back to Denver since there are no other pet friendly hotels. I decided to call the supervisor before we left to see if he could work with us given there was not information given to me during my phone call before I made the reservation online. He stated there was nothing he could do for me. So back we went to Denver. So the hotel lost our 2 room cost and the money we would have spent for dinner, drinks and gambling. If they would have reduced the pet fee or something that would have made me feel cared for I would have never written this review. However, we are back in Denver without getting to have our night of fun..frustrated with the lack of caring and customer service that the Isle of Capri has provided. We will never be gambling or staying there again.

Eric E, Director of Hotel Operations at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for your visit. Our goal is to make Isle of Capri your favorite place to stay and play, not just some of the time, but all of the time. I am sorry that we fell short of our goal and we will work hard to improve each element of the guest experience. We do offer a limited number of pet friendly rooms for pets up to 50 pounds. Pet friendly rooms create a bit more of a cleaning challenge and the $50 cleaning fee is charged to ensure the room is thoroughly cleaned and ready for our next human and animal guest. A $25 per night credit card authorization or a $50 cash deposit is required upon check in to guarantee incidental charges (gift shop, telephone, movies, food and beverage) that may be billed back to your guest room. I apologize that this information was not conveyed to you during your initial call. We will circle back with our call center and our reservation agents to ensure they do a better job of providing our guests with this information in the future.

Once again, I apologize that we failed to provide you with adequate information upon your initial call and hope you will consider visiting us again when you return to Lake Charles.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I took my sister to Isle of Capri to celebrate her birthday. I go there every couple of months, but this was her first time. We were quite pleased with how friendly all of the staff is, from the desk clerks to the janitors. Everyone greets you with a smile and a friendly, "Hello, how are you doing" or similar pleasantries. I love the tower, which has obviously been renovated. Even though it was non-smoking it used to have a funny odor. That is all gone, now. The rooms are clean and beds comfortable. The Casino was fun. Of course, there is the win and lose thing, but It was fun seeing so many folks winning on the slot machines on a Thursday night. I will be back soon! Thank you, IOC for a great time.

Room Tip: No suggestions. I have stayed on the 2nd and 9th floor, and both were perfect.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Eric E, Director of Hotel Operations at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

We’re so glad you chose the Isle to celebrate. Thank you for your great comments regarding our friendly team members. We aim to treat everyone like family and leave a great lasting impression. The Isle offers the “Loosest Penny Slots” in Lake Charles and I hope you come back and visit real soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Golden Nugget Hotel
Courtyard Lake Charles
#11 of 36 in Lake Charles
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lake Charles Casino Area
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lake Charles

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles? Share your experiences!