“Very unfriendly customer service and non informative”

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I called the casino and asked if they accepted pets and the person that answered the phone stated YES. I said thank you and the phone conversation ended. I then made a reservation online. When I arrived with my two Chihuahuas and mother in law.
When we arrived the woman who checked us in was very unfriendly. I did not get a welcoming feeling as we approached. She then informed us that we had to pay a $200.00 deposit for our pets and she had to check to see if any pet friendly rooms were available. None of this was mentioned to me during my phone call. In addition to this there was a $50.00 deposit on each room I rented and a $25.00 cleaning fee on with the pets. I do not mind the cleaning fee but was not prepared for such big deposits on the rooms. I have traveled to many great hotels and have never had to pay such a big pet deposit.
At the desk we canceled our reservations and loaded back up for the trip back to Denver since there are no other pet friendly hotels. I decided to call the supervisor before we left to see if he could work with us given there was not information given to me during my phone call before I made the reservation online. He stated there was nothing he could do for me. So back we went to Denver. So the hotel lost our 2 room cost and the money we would have spent for dinner, drinks and gambling. If they would have reduced the pet fee or something that would have made me feel cared for I would have never written this review. However, we are back in Denver without getting to have our night of fun..frustrated with the lack of caring and customer service that the Isle of Capri has provided. We will never be gambling or staying there again.

Eric E, Director of Hotel Operations at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for your visit. Our goal is to make Isle of Capri your favorite place to stay and play, not just some of the time, but all of the time. I am sorry that we fell short of our goal and we will work hard to improve each element of the guest experience. We do offer a limited number of pet friendly rooms for pets up to 50 pounds. Pet friendly rooms create a bit more of a cleaning challenge and the $50 cleaning fee is charged to ensure the room is thoroughly cleaned and ready for our next human and animal guest. A $25 per night credit card authorization or a $50 cash deposit is required upon check in to guarantee incidental charges (gift shop, telephone, movies, food and beverage) that may be billed back to your guest room. I apologize that this information was not conveyed to you during your initial call. We will circle back with our call center and our reservation agents to ensure they do a better job of providing our guests with this information in the future.

Once again, I apologize that we failed to provide you with adequate information upon your initial call and hope you will consider visiting us again when you return to Lake Charles.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I took my sister to Isle of Capri to celebrate her birthday. I go there every couple of months, but this was her first time. We were quite pleased with how friendly all of the staff is, from the desk clerks to the janitors. Everyone greets you with a smile and a friendly, "Hello, how are you doing" or similar pleasantries. I love the tower, which has obviously been renovated. Even though it was non-smoking it used to have a funny odor. That is all gone, now. The rooms are clean and beds comfortable. The Casino was fun. Of course, there is the win and lose thing, but It was fun seeing so many folks winning on the slot machines on a Thursday night. I will be back soon! Thank you, IOC for a great time.

Room Tip: No suggestions. I have stayed on the 2nd and 9th floor, and both were perfect.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Eric E, Director of Hotel Operations at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

We’re so glad you chose the Isle to celebrate. Thank you for your great comments regarding our friendly team members. We aim to treat everyone like family and leave a great lasting impression. The Isle offers the “Loosest Penny Slots” in Lake Charles and I hope you come back and visit real soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few night for our anniversary in May. While the hotel was renovating, we had an ok experience. The rooms were nice, but the a/c in our room didn't work. They sent maintenance to look at it, & we were told there was nothing they could do. We called the front desk to see about getting a diff room, & we were told they didn't have any more rooms available. I had better luck in the casino here than the other one went to.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for choosing the Isle to celebrate your anniversary. Our goal is to make Isle of Capri your favorite place to Stay and Play; not just some time, but all of the time. I am sorry that we fell short of our goal. We will work hard to improve each element of the guest experience. We have completed our $18 million renovation of the Tower hotel rooms and everyone has loved our updated accommodations. We hope you to see you back at the Isle real soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I love this hotel and casino..We have been to Coushatta, L'auberge, and Isle of Capri and I must say Isle of Capri's friendly and fun environment has won my loyalty!! I have stayed at the Inn and at The Tower. The rooms at the Tower are alot better, however, the Inn will get you through the nights and you will still enjoy the Casino which all but a 2 minute slow walk if you run you may make it in 30 seconds.

I don't like seafood so I would not suggest going to the buffet because there are a limited non seafood dishes other than sides...
They do have other options to eat here so the buffet is no big deal and with the points you earn in the Casino with your Fan Card you are almost guaranteed a free meal.

This is my husbands and my favorite weekend getaway..I will be going again this next weekend and this time I'm taking my bestfriend and her husband who had a bad expierence at Coushatta so I'm hoping to get them on the Isle of Capri bandwagon!! Since we no longer visit Coushatta.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

We’re so glad you’re back on the the Isle bandwagon! We just spent almost $18 million remodeling the tower guest rooms, lobby and meeting rooms and everyone has loved our new look. The Buffet features seemingly endless choices for $5.99 breakfast, $7.99 lunch, $11.99 dinner and our Friday seafood buffet for $24.99. Seafood is certainly a feature of our buffet, but each meal offers a carving station, pasta station, salad bar and regional specialties like jambalaya, fried chicken and barbeque. Otis & Henry’s is our casual bar and grill featuring hand cut steaks, fresh seafood and a weekend “blues brunch” each Saturday and Sunday. We are happy that you are bringing your friends to the Isle and hope you have a great visit.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

The casino was dirtier than most. A lot of very old slot machines. None of us (6)won anything. Save your money. The tables were crowded on Friday night.
The room at the Inn was pretty bad but the bed was comfortable.
We would never go there again. Fastest place to lose money.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JC A

Thank you for your visit in October. As you mentioned, we are an older casino and hotel property. However, we take cleanliness very seriously. We want to make sure that we consistently provide a clean, safe, friendly, and fun experience each time that you visit. We are sorry you did not enjoy your trip and hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This is my second review of this Isle Of Capri but the first time for a tower room. This review is strictly based on the September visit. The desk clerk was friendly and efficient. I stayed in a third floor tower room that overlooked the lake and bridge, the view was pleasant. The room was spacious with updated and roomy furnishings and very clean. There was a large sitting area with two comfortable chairs and an ottoman. Very large HD tv with cable and free fast Internet service in the room. The bedding was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was one of the largest I've had with ample mirrors and a vanity sitting area and a good sized shower. The very large bathtub was located In the bedroom and had no privacy. Seriously, the tub is huge. It was awkward to get in and out of such a large tub and felt a bit dangerous taking such a large step in and out. It was great for relaxing and there was plenty of hot water to fill it. I did hear hall noise once but it was muffled. My only room complaint is the air conditioner. I could not find an option to leave the ac fan on. Unfortunately, each time it cycled on, it made a very loud click sound and was very disturbing through the night. I will stay at the tower again but will check the noise of the ac when I first check in, that is probably not a problem in all rooms. I will have a review of the casino separately.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I visited this hotel/casino on a weekday- called on the same day & was able to get a reservation at the Inn (across the parking lot) for the same day. The cost was very reasonable & included free play & breakfast for two. The Inn could use some updating but the beds and pillows were amazingly comfortable! The bathroom floor could have been cleaner. Shower very nice! Great place to stay for the money.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the hall & it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Golden Nugget Hotel
#4 of 37 in Lake Charles
0 mi away
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lake Charles
Best Western Plus Lake Charles Inn & Suites

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles? Share your experiences!