“Clean and easy access”

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed at Isle of Capri Inn and the rooms were nice size and clean. I thought the staff was very friendly at check-in considering there were lines. Shuttle bus was always around to the casino however it was only 2 minute walk. For the true gambler the room worked.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at The Isle of Capri Casino Hotel. We always appreciate the feedback, and we are glad that you had a good experience.

We hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I honestly can not complain about anything at this hotel/casino. Everything I needed was taken care of. Everything I wanted was there. The staff was amazing in the hotel and In the casino. Best hotel stay I have had in a long time.

• Stayed: December 2012

I was pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your recent visit and hope you will become a regular visitor to the Isle. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest casino in Southwest Louisiana.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I find that casino's that have a hotel attached to the casino offers wonderful value for the money they charge. I have stayed at many casino hotels and I believe they are a hidden treasure because they are clean, well maintained and well lite with 24 hour security, something that regular hotel seems to offer but they really don't. Casino's have parking lots with cameras that are monitored, your car won't get broken into and if you need an escort to your car they will be glad to see you to your car for safety.
The Isle of Capri is a large hotel located across from the Isle of Capri casino. I have found that it was clean with lots of clean, thick, bright white towels. The bathroom was spotless as was the tub and shower- no mold to be found. There is a very nice desk in the room with a coffee maker and many packages of coffer for your use. The queen size bed in my room was comfortable, the sheets were clean as was the bedspread. There was no smell of smoke in my room, even the window drapes were clean. The carpet could use a cleaning, there were several light stains but it was vacuumed clean. (room 3379) Over all I would rate it very good, if the carpet was cleaned I would have given them an excellent score,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your visit to the Isle of Capri in Lake Charles. We strive to provide fun, friendly service, and fantastic value for our guests. We also appreciate the comments on where we can improve. We will work on that for your next visit.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were late coming in, driving from Florida. They were able to take our reservations over the phone. I wasn't sure what kind of room we would get at that point and didn't care either. BUT, we were pleasantly surprised. We were able to get a lovely room with a Jacuzzi, a sitting area and a wonderful view. We cleaned up after our hard drive and then downstairs to eat. Food was OK - nothing spectacular. Then we hit the casino. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel staff were fantastic. The hotel is a bit difficult to get to, the directions are very odd but it's right off of IH 10 and once you find it, it's not so difficult after all. We plan on staying there again and enjoying all this adult fun!!!! I did not get around to checking out the pool facilities, but with a Jacuzzi in your room, who needs it.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with the Jacuzzi. VERY reasonable during the week!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Isle for your last minute reservations. I was pleased to hear you were pleasantly surprised with our property and friendly team members. Our goal is to provide all of our guests with a clean, safe, friendly and fun atmosphere. I hope we succeeded and that you will choose the Isle of Capri Casino Hotel as your destination on your next trip and afford us the opportunity to pleasantly surprise you once again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just found out that their second boat got sold, leaving only one boat. Early on a Friday morning, I wanted to play Blackjack and hoped to find $5 tables. Not only was the BJ table limit $10 minimum, but IOC only pays 6:5 (instead of 3:2) for a Blackjack. Therefore on a $10 BJ, IOC only pays you $12 (instead of $15). The crowd was noticeably smaller and I also will no longer go to IOC. However, I did get a lunch buffet comp ($12) including drink by buying in for $200 and playing 2 hours. The boat is showing it's age and it is too smoky for me.

Since the 2nd Boat got sold, the Poker Room in now on the 1st floor with the slot machines and again very smoky. I saw 8 Poker tables (4-8 Limit, 1-3 NL and 2-5NL). The minimum buy in for the 4-8 Limit was $40.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank FrontRoow
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for your comments. The Isle now has $5.00 blackjack tables seven days a week. Depending on the game, we offer both a 3/2 game and certain 6/5 games. We are in the process of reviewing all of our blackjack games and may be making more changes in the future.

We do hope that we will see you again.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I spent the night at the Isle of Capri on Thursday May 16 th 2013. I was met by Regis at the front desk. After a long drive it was refreshing to be greeted by him. He was happy and joked around which made checking in a pleasure. He made sure that all of my request were met.
The room I booked looked over Lake Charles, it was on the east side of the Tower. The rooms facing west will be overlooking the parking lot and the Inn. For the small increase in price it was well worth it, over the Inn.
The room was large and very clean. It had a shower in the bathroom and a very large tub in our room. I am 6 ft 4 and was able to fit in this tub which is rare.
The front desk and staff were FIRST CLASS.
We will book at the Isle of Capri Tower in the future and would recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for your positive comment concerning our hotel rooms and our friendly staff. I know our team members will enjoy hearing how much our guests appreciated their pleasant interaction.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel could use some updating but it was clean and convenient so I gave it 3 stars. While you are gambling free cocktails make it a no brainer to sleep right at this hotel. For a nice view I recommend a tower room top floor lake side.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Eric E, Director of Hotel Operations at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

I notice that you indicated your last visit was in June of 2012. We just completed a $14 million renovation of our Tower Hotel rooms and suites, lobby, fitness center and meeting rooms. We have received great feedback about our updated amenities and we hope you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Eric Eisenberg
Director of Hotel Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Golden Nugget Hotel
#4 of 37 in Lake Charles
0 mi away
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lake Charles
Best Western Plus Lake Charles Inn & Suites

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles? Share your experiences!