“Great weekend stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westlake
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Great weekend stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Tower at the Isle of Capri for 3 nights. All was well. My only criticism is that the walls are very thin. You can hear into the other rooms :( Other than that we were very happy all the way around!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your three night stay at the Isle. We go to great lengths to provide our guests with the best experience possible - a clean, safe, friendly and fun environment. Please always feel free to let us know if you have any suggestions to improve our service.

Thanks for visiting the Isle. We hope that you will be our guest again soon.

Paul E. Hutchens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
victoria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The room, pool area, exercise room where all very nice and clean. I would rate those items a 10. My total disappointment was in the Casino. The slot machines would not play. I met numerous discouraged guest with the same complaint. I am a regular player in Las Vegas and I do understand the odds of coming home with more money than you left with are very slim, but at least you are entertained with occasional large wins to keep the excitement up. I did not find the excitement in this casino. I ran through my budget within 2 hours. Depressing. I would have liked at least 12 hours of entertainment. Also, there where no fun games like Wizard of Oz, Ghost Busters, Alice and Wonderland, Wheel of Fortune, etc., explosive, wondering what is happening next type games. The only game I found with that type of energizing fun was the fishing game. I seldom got any free game hits on the games. I work hard for my money, and when I want to let my hair down, I want to have fun and feel the adrenaline flowing. Also, the waitress service was bad. One time I waited 2 hours before I was serviced. I started packing my own beer in. One waitress told me they did not know Texas was on Spring break. Come on manager when both hotels area almost filled to capacity DING DING a lightbulb should go off I need more staff. Would I vacation there again? NO!!! Unless the Casino is revamp like the beautiful hotel!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tinylee
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Bad impressions are sometimes difficult to overturn, but I do hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a fun and friendly environment. We are continually upgrading our slot product and do try to listen to our guests when they express their preference of machines. I apologize that you did not find your favorite when you visited us recently.

Again, I regret you had a disappointing trip. We hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Vice President/General Manager
Katy, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

This review is about the Inn at the Isle and not the tower rooms.
The inn is terrible! The walls are paper thin. What was worse is that our room was across from the vending area so we could hear the hum of the coke machine all night long.
The curtains don't block out any light. Just a horrible stay!
Oh, and our "non-smoking" room was so smoky smelling we had to get housekeeping to come in and spray something (which didn't help at all).

1 Thank RachelP78
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your visit and hope that you received the email I sent to you through TripAdvisor. If you are interested, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter further. My contact information was included in the email that was sent to you. Alternatively, you may reach me at 337-430-2300.

Thank you.

Galveston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I must say, I was thoroughly impressed with the newly remodeled rooms at the Isle of Capri Tower Hotel. I stay at many hotels in my travels around the country and the amenities in their standard room was top notch and the bathrooms were large and spacious with both an oversize bathtub and a walk in shower. Plenty of room for a big guy like me to move around.
I though I would be disappointed since they were the only casino hotel that was not sold out.
For a hotel at that price range? Top notch. Now can you do something about the size of that river boat?

Room Tip: Check in early enough to ask for a water view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Twelveiron
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I appreciate your feedback concerning our newly remodeled Tower rooms. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the new look, as we have worked hard to upgrade our facility for our guests. You also made mention of the size of the riverboat. While we are not as large as some of our competitors, we do believe that we have something else that we can offer: some of the friendliest team members in Southwest Louisiana. We take a lot of pride in smiling, greeting our guests, and making sure that you are having fun.

Thanks again for letting us hear from you. See you soon.

Schertz, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I recently visited the Isle of Capri Lake Charles and were pleasantly surprised at the recent changes they've made. New fixtures and room upgrades have pull this hotel up a notch. The personnel are always friendly and accommodating despite the remodeling efforts going on around them. Even if you don't gamble and need a trip break, try the Isle and I'm sure you'll be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry W
I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed all of the renovations that have been completed over the past couple of years and sincerely appreciate your recommendation. We have devoted a lot of time and resources on providing a clean, safe and fun destination for each of our guests. Your positive feedback reinforces my belief that we have the friendliest team members in Southwest Louisiana and we hope that you will be back to see us soon.

Thank you for your comments.

Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

In our group of 4 (2 moms with 2 adult daughters) we had varying opinions. We visited Delta Downs, Isle of Capri and L'Auberge over the weekend.

I am a non-smoker, non-drinker, who wasn't on a budget and prefer table games. Delta Downs to me was so smoky that after a half hour, I felt a little dizzy and got that tobacco taste in my mouth. Overall, I thought it was ok, just too small with limited slot machines. The one thing I did appreciate is that they do group the machines together so if you are looking for the penny machines, they are all located in one area. Out of the 3 casinos, they had the most penny or cheaper machines. Isle of Capri was smoky also but not as bad. It covers 3 floors so you do feel like you are wandering everywhere looking for certain machines. It was ok to me. I loved L'Auberge because they had the most variety of games. When we first walked in early afternoon, I thought it must be a non-smoking casino because I didn't notice any smell although I could see people smoking. By night, it was definitely noticeable but tolerable. While I was disappointed that the cheapest black jack tables were $25, I loved the wide variety of poker machines. At all 3 casinos, I felt I equally lost and won money but because L'Auberge is more expensive than Delta Downs, it "seemed" that you won more money at L'Auberge but of course you are betting with a higher amount.

My friend is a smoker and drinker who wasn't on a budget and prefers penny slots. Delta Downs is still her favorite. While she even admitted that the smoke was bad, she likes how it's not as crowded and the people are more courteous. The waitresses were always available and serving drinks. And of course she loves that it's only slots. She also has stayed in their hotel and says that the rooms are fantastic, roomy and very comfortable. She thought Isle of Capri was ok but also felt navigating all the floors looking for her penny machines was a pain. She said the waitress service was very good. She thought L'Auberge was just ok because her penny machines were few and far between, waitresses were non-existent and it is VERY crowded.

Our 2 daughters are non-smokers, drinkers and on a budget. Both didn't like the smoke of Delta Downs but really appreciated the quick waitress service. So both preferred Isle of Capri because the smoke wasn't as bad, the waitress service also was quick and they also had alot of cheaper machines. Both felt that L'Auberge was a rip off. Even though they lost at every casino, they felt it took longer to lose at the other two than L'Auberge. They also complained that the whole time they were there not one waitress ever approached them....which forces you to go to the bar to BUY a drink instead of getting a free drink. They didn't like how crowded it was, feeling like they were constantly being bumped into but did like that it wasn't so smoky.

So while we all would rate the Isle of Capri differently, I'm the one turning in the review so I give it an ok rating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank wizofwoz
Thank you for the synopsis of your recent trip to the Southwest Louisiana casinos. It was interesting to note the varied differences of opinion of the four ladies in your group. It just goes to show that we, as casino operators, have to be on our toes in order to satisfy all of our guests all of the time.

We hope you and your friends will visit us again in the very near future.

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I used to visit more often but then life got busier on this end, now that my son is off to college I had a chance to run over to Lake Charles and visit the Isle of Capri Casino, it has always been my favorite casino.

I was pleasantly surprised at all the changes, new carpeting in the casino, new slots, helpful staff...I could not have had a nicer visit. The Ladies rest rooms were immaculate. Being a frequent visitor in the past, I was leary of all the new slot machines, there were some of my old favorties however I played the new dollar slots and made friends with them quickly.

I was there for about 12 hours, not once did I need to look for a waitress to get beverages, they came around ~ every 10 minutes and that was through the late night hours into morning/noon. I needed help with just one small thing and I am happy to say the gentleman I approached for help was more than gracious explaining the new fan club benefits and assisting me with my requests. Thank you Mr. C.P., your hospitality was greatly appreciated.

I have been to the other casinos in the area and Isle of Capri beats them all. Well done!

Room Tip: I have stayed in the hotel in the past and the rooms were more than adequate....and the jacuzzi a ni...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank DLLKTexas
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I was happy to hear that your schedule permitted you to visit us again and that you were pleased with everything that we have accomplished over the past two years. The tower renovation was just completed and we are now in the process of remodeling the hotel front desk area. Hopefully you will be able to visit your favorite casino again in the near future and enjoy one of the tower rooms. Even though the Jacuzzis have been replaced with soaker tubs, I think you will be extremely impressed.

Thanks again for the positive feedback.

Vice President/General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Golden Nugget Hotel
Courtyard Lake Charles
#15 of 33 in Lake Charles
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lake Charles Casino Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lake Charles - Westlake

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles? Share your experiences!