“Short distance from Texas for gamblers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Westlake
San Antonio, Texas
“Short distance from Texas for gamblers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I took my wife and mom here for Morter's Day...It was a great trip and we had a lot of fun...Even die a lot of the slot machines was down at the time my mother and wife still found plenty to do to lose there Morther's Day money on..Staff was great and frequently rotated with drinks offers...Overall I would visit here again

• Stayed May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I appreciate you for letting us know that both you and your Mom enjoyed her Mother’s Day outing at the Isle of Capri. We strive to provide our guests with a fun and friendly experience at a fantastic value and I was happy to hear that our friendly team members took good care of you while you were here.

Thank you for choosing the Isle for your special celebration. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Paul E. Hutchens
Vice President/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Of the two casinos in Lake Charles, we prefer this one because it is smaller and not as pretentious as l'auberge du lac. The staff is much friendlier here, as well. They have always been fairly prompt about taking and delivering drink orders which is not the case with l'auberge. Granted, it isn't as upscale and fancy as the other one, but it is our casino of choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peggy R
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
We appreciate your kind remarks. We do agree with you that the Isle has the friendliest team members in Southwest Louisiana who also truly care about our guests.

We hope to see you again soon.

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We booked a Tower Jr. Suite for our 1 night stay in Lake Charles in late August. Everyone we encountered was very nice and professional. We checked in and went to our assigned room but found a "Do not disturb" sign on the door. Given that it was after 9pm we didn't want to risk walking in on someone, so I went back downstairs and was assured that no one was in that room, but I was quickly given another room right next door. ( I was told that security would check on the room, but in the morning when we checked out the sign was still there, so who knows).

The room itself, although in need of an update (scuffed, stained furniture etc) was clean and surprisingly large and very comfortable! It was funny, because in the morning, we noticed that many of the rooms on our floor were being emptied and prepped for renovations/refurbishment.

We did play in the casino and it was fine. I lost but my husband won a little.

My only suggestion would be for the hotel to offer more eating options. There really isn't anything besides the buffet area for late night or morning before 11am. We wanted a light snack before bed and could only get some chips at the stand in the atrium. Again, in the morning before checking out, we wanted a light breakfast, but only the buffet was open. It was ok, nothing note worthy, but much more than what we wanted.

All in all, we had a pleasant stay and would stay here again on our next visit to Lake Charles.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank g35girl
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for submitting your review of your recent trip to the Isle of Capri Casino Hotel in Lake Charles. As you indicated, we recently got underway with a fifteen million dollar renovation of the 253 hotel rooms in the tower. Although we were already very proud of the size and cleanliness of our rooms, we think that our guests will enjoy the fresh new look as well as they have enjoyed the improvements made on the casino floor. All of the rooms, fixtures, finishes, carpet, and wall covering are being addressed during this renovation.

While the buffet is the only outlet available in the early morning hours, we do provide our guests with various options in Tradewinds during late night hours. A light fare is available: anything from sandwiches, pizza, oriental cuisine, to a wide array of desserts. Tradewinds is located on the second floor across from the Fan Club.

Please let us hear from you when you visit us again.

Paul E. Hutchens
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was my first time going to a casino and was very excited, however, had a horrible experience at Isle of Capri. My boyfriend, who is 24, was excused of having a fake ID just because the ID was from another country!! We were waiting for about 20 minutes while the employee was looking through a book to see if she could find one like it, but nothing. I was very understanding at first because they have to follow policy. Then that employee called her supervisor. The supervisor came, looked at the ID, said no, then left. He never looked at us, didn't apologize, nor did he give us a reason why they were falsely accusing us of carrying a fake ID. I WAS VERY ANGRY!!! I drove from Houston, TX and reserved my hotel at Isle of Capri to find out they were not going to let us in. We left and decided to drive to COUSHATTA. They let us in with no problem!!! I WILL NEVER BE GOING TO ISLE OF CAPRI!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Yessika B
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
I am sorry for your recent experience at the Isle of Capri Casino Hotel. Our director of security has attempted to contact you on several occasions regarding this situation. Thus far, we have been unable to reach you. As a state-licensed Louisiana casino, we are under very strict guidelines on the forms of identification that we may accept to permit entry into the casino. These forms of identification include state-issued driver’s license displaying photograph, state issued identification card displaying photograph, United States or foreign government issued passports displaying photograph, official military identification displaying photograph or national or territorial issued identification card displaying photograph. We have a legal and moral responsibility to ensure that individuals under the age of 21 do not enter our casino. Since we have been unable to reach you, we have been unable to ascertain the type of identification that you may have presented to our security personnel. Additionally, if we mishandled this particular situation, we would appreciate following up with you on the details so that we may coach our team members. If you would like to discuss this matter further, you may contact our casino at (337) 430-2400 and ask to speak with our director of security. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter with you.

Isle of Capri Casino

Travelers are raving about these Westlake hotels

Victoria, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My recent overnight stay on 7-31-12 was a wonderful experience. At first I was a little concerned about the rooms after reading some of the reviews. Management contacted me and assured me the rooms are being renovated and if I had any concerns upon arrival I was given a phone # to contact. Fortunately, there was no reason for concern. The Tower room where I stayed had not yet been renovated but was still a very clean/comfortable room. Also, so there would be no surprises, I was told ahead of time that the renovation noise would begin about 9:00 am and was asked if that would be problem-no problem for me as I am an early riser. Everything about my visit was exceptional from the reservation, check-in/out, housekeeping, and casino. EVERY employee I had contact with was friendly and seem willing to do whatever they could to make my stay enjoyable. I would highly recommend the Isle in Lake Charles even while the renovations are in progress.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank FML-Texas
San Antonio TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

First let me say that they are in the middle of renovating their rooms. It is much needed and hopefully will help them improve overall.

The Casino is nice and well kept. Lot's of games to choose from and staff overall seemed pretty good. It was fun!

The security was pretty lax or so it seemed especially between the hotel and casino and not for a comfortable atmosphere late in the evening.

Pool was also in great need of some TLC. Overall the hotel had a pretty low end feeling overall. Staff was not very engaged and seemed not very concerned with making you feel welcome. No place to get a good cup of coffee and I am pretty sure no room service (they never answered the phone).

The location is good and if they were to invest in more updating and customer service training it could be a grea place again. But definately needs a lot of desire to change!

If your looking for a better casino/hotel experience I would go elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paris_lane
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
We have been busy the past year-and-a-half here at the Isle and are looking forward to completing our tower renovation by the end of the year. We think our guests will enjoy the new renovated rooms as much as they have enjoyed the fresh new look on the casino floor. I apologize that you did not feel the presence of our security personnel during your visit. In addition to our officers stationed throughout the casino, we have designated officers patrolling the perimeters of the parking lots, an officer assigned to bike patrol, as well as weekend off-duty officers from the Westlake Police Department, all of whom are dedicated to your well-being. If you ever feel unsafe on our premises, we would be more than happy to provide you with an escort to your room.

We have been told that we have the friendliest team members in Southwest Louisiana. I invite you to visit us again soon to experience some of our southern hospitality.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We visit the Isle occasionally, and lately it has really improved. There are lots of the newest slots, plenty of comp cocktails, good atmosphere with friendly employees. The only con is that it is extremely smoky!!! The food in the buffet is wonderful, the rooms at the Inn are horrible and really need an update.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank FoodieLuv
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. You started off your comments under the heading “FUN casino”. At the Isle of Capri, we really focus on trying to provide a clean, safe, friendly, and FUN entertainment experience. We believe that we have THE friendliest team members in Southwest Louisiana and have a relaxing atmosphere where you can really let yourself go and have a great time. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the buffet. We have really been working on preparing fresh foods including a fantastic selection of local Louisiana and regional cuisine. I am sorry that you thought that the casino was smoky. We have been upgrading our air conditioning and ventilation but it sounds like we still have some work to do. I am also sorry that you did not enjoy the rooms at the Inn. We completed a renovation at the Inn just three years ago and have received a number of positive comments on the new décor, color scheme, and furnishings. We recently started a renovation of the hotel tower rooms that we hope to complete by the end of the year. Please keep checking in with us as we always have a lot of things going on and a number of new things that we are working on!

VP/General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Golden Nugget Hotel
America's Best Inn and Suites
America's Best Inn and Suites
#27 of 33 in Lake Charles
2.5 of 5 stars 77 reviews

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles? Share your experiences!