“Rent by the hour?”

Motel 6 West Monroe
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in West Monroe
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The most disgusting motel we have EVER stayed in! Where do I start? Smoke detector missing from ceiling. Wires hanging from the base plate in ceiling. Wonder what the city code is for this. Bedspread covered with stains. Beds looked more like a hammock. Carpet filthy. We kicked our shoes off when we settled in for the night and when we took them (socks) off, the soles were almost black. In the bathroom for a relaxing shower before bed. The shower head had mildew. The tub base was spongy feeling. We felt like we were standing on a mattress or trampoline! Really! There was a towel so stained we wouldn't dare use it. Pain was peeling from the bathroom ceiling. Mold around the base of the toilet. The exhaust fan had black "stuff" hanging from it. There was dirt along the baseboards. The carpet along the wall was falling off. There was a hole in a wall that looked like a hard kick went to it! The desk clerk was acting like a crazy woman! She told my husband that the night was going to be wild. She thought there was a full moon. (No, there wasn't) She never stood up when he was in there. Our apologies if this was due to a physical handicap. These were just a few complaints. Our rating for this location is less than terrible. It appears to be a hotel where they rent room by the hour.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank lrdorn

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

An older place in need of repairs was clean and provided a place to sleep. There was an ample refrigerator, microwave and TV. Service was prompt and courteous. My room had a new bathroom countertop and modern vessel sink; the rest could have used an update, but everything worked. There are no fancy amenities and you aren't charged for them.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I used Booking.com to book this hotel site. For family of 4, it was about $51, taxes included. It was a two bed room. The gentleman at the front desk allowed us to enter our room at 10am, so that was a giant plus. We were able to unload our luggage and proceed to see the sites. Yes, the room had a damp smell, but a lot of it was because the A/C was not turned on. We turned on the fan and by the time we returned a few hours later, a lot of the smell was gone. I purchased a can of Glade and that removed the rest of the smell. It was clean and your typical 1 star motel room. They had complementary coffee, if we wanted to get any. The motel is less than a mile from the DD Warehouse and next door to Cracker Barrel. There were too many food outlets to count. VERY convenient to Walmart!! The neighbor had a small dog that would bark every so often, but it was not enough for us to request a room change. The ice machine was free and there was vending machines available. As a personal opinion. I do not understand why travelers expect 5 stars from 1 star motels. The purpose of a vacation is to travel around and visit the sites and have a place to shower and sleep. If you are planning to stay in the motel most of the vacation, then pay the extra money and get your extra stars. Just a pet peeve of mine....

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I checked in at Motel 6 in West Monroe. Upon arrival I was greeted by a gruff desk manager . Which I overlooked as I was tired after a long trip. I received room keys & upon entering my room it smelled of damp pet odor. I seen housekeeping was in their laundry area & so I asked for some spray to make the room smell better. I was given the spray to do the job myself. My family and I drove 850 miles so all we just wanted to get some rest. Next I found the toilet to be malfunctioning and the next morning upon showering, I notice the towels ( all 6 of them ) had blood stains, make up and/or mud stains. I opened the window drapery and seen blood and matted hair stuck to one wall, boogers and the carpet was horrendous. The ice bucket had hair and smear marks on it and was clearly filthy. I wish I had noticed some of the filth in the room in the dark after an 850 drive, but like I said , just wanted a clean simple place to rest. I raised an issue of the cleanliness to desk help in the morning upon check out and was allowed to talk via phone to the manager,I seen the manager enter in the office via the back entry way as I was walking to the office area. She was actually in the back room on the phone talking to me while I was standing at the front desk. I had to complain to the desk help to get manager out of her office lair to discuss the matter with me in person. She quickly lost her composure, pointed to me a no refund sign and began some diatribe about her life and told me to get the hell out of her hotel. As this was transpiring 4 members of housekeeping took it upon themselves to accost my wife and children waiting in the room for me. The housekeeping staff berated my wife and children about our claims of the rooms cleanliness. This room was nothing short of vile and the attitudes of the manager and staff just the same, I paid almost $60 for a clean room and good service and I received neither. I have scarcely ever been treated so horribly by other humans.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank S F
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is the nicest Motel 6 I have ever stayed at. The room was clean and up to date. There were amenities like microwave and refrigerator in our room. The parking area was well lit and the parking lot had just been resealed. We had a new sink and counter top in our room, the old ones were seen out back by the dumpster when we were walking our dogs. The details show that the owner cares about this property.
The Front Desk Staff could have been nicer, but it was late and three parties all walked in at the same time looking for rooms. She definitely was not rude to anyone, more tired or just tired of answering all the same questions.
The WiFi has a fast connection, but the router was not connected to the internet and we did not feel like asking to get the router reset.
Do not confuse this location with the other Motel 6 four miles east. There is a world of difference.

Room Tip: Take a room in the front side of the back building. The parking lot is well lit and you will be awa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Asta-Dog
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The room was clean and pleasant! The rate was reasonable and the staff was super nice. It is close to restaurants and Wal-mart for all your needs! The other visitors were nice, the surroundings were well kept, plenty of parking. I would definitely stay here again!
Gina

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I went to West Monroe for a short visit of 2 nights. I had already booked the room. When we got there and went in the office, we were greeted by Brandi the clerk. She was very helpful with all our needs. We got in the room and found it to be very nice and everything was in place. It is quiet and in a good area. There are many places to eat and in walking distance. We will stay there the next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple