“Very pleased”

Motel 6 West Monroe
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in West Monroe
Reviewed December 1, 2007

I was completely satisfied with our experience at this motel. I have to admit, I was a little nervous since it is an older motel. I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness. I was not disappointed! We spent a very nice night in a cute, clean room, complete with little ammenities. The TV was great, too. It had a great picture and reception and all the channels. We had our complimentary breakfast in the dining area, and again, everything was clean, bright and nice. They had everything our family of four would want or expect. Somehow I would like to suggest that outside stairs are made wider and less slippery. It was raining and an older person or younger children could slip easily on the narrow stairs. Other than this, I was completely satisfied with our mid $50 stay and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Dallas_TXMom22

Reviewed July 14, 2007

This is an older "motel style" property - you can park directly in front of your room. Two stories in 2 different buildings with covered walkways. King room was VERY large and kept clean although carpet and sofa were older (some small stains). Staff was great - on site laudry machines and lots of change available at front desk. Great free breakfast including hot cereal, sausage sandwhiches, waffles, etc. Great value!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 26, 2006

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn on our way through Louisiana this week. This hotel is a remodeled older hotel. Our room was actually cute and fairly big considering we only paid $52. I liked the way the beds were made - the blanket was sandwiched between two sheets. The room was fairly clean. It made me a little nervous that our door didn't close all the way. It locked, but you could still see daylight between the door and the jamb.

The pool was clean and large. Breakfast was pretty good - there was a very helpful, friendly lady working the area.

There are several restaurants within walking distance - Outback Steakhouse, Cracker Barrel, and Chilis are right next door.

What put a damper on our stay was the front desk staff! The young man was just plain rude. I asked for a crib to be put in our room, but when we came back from dinner there wasn't one there. So I went to the front desk and asked him again for one and he said (I quote) "We ain't got no cribs." No apology, nothing. So I told him that I saw in their information packet in the room that they have complimentary roll-away beds, so we'd take one of those instead. To this he said (again, I quote) "We ain't got none of them either." Where do they get these people? So, anyway, we had to dig our pack-and-play out of our packed van so our daughter could have somewhere to sleep.

All in all this was an okay stay, but I don't think I'd stay there again.

Stayed: September 2006
1  Thank Aggiegirl92
Reviewed July 25, 2006

We stayed here overnight while on a long car trip. The hotel was nice, and met all of our expectations. On the positive side, the breakfast was good (relatively large for a continental breakfast), they had a small fitness center (treadmill, cycle, step machine), and there was free internet access in the room. The pool looked nice, though we didn't try it. On the negative side, the room was a bit worn, though certainly not in bad shape. Overall, it was a good experience - a nice stay for a decent price, meeting all of our expectations. We'd certainly stay there again for a similar type of overnight stay, and in fact will probably try to do so if we ever make a similar trip.

Note that the exit for the hotel is one of the best spots anywhere in probably a 100 mile stretch of Interstate 20 for restaurants - there are probably 20-30 restaurants at that exit.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 6, 2006

My family blocked off a room here for my wedding. I stayed at the inn for a couple nights, and I was very impressed by the room's decor. They recently renovated, and the results were wonderful. Their suite was very cheap, so I was extremely surprised by the look of their room: ample space, bright, attractive colors, and immaculate furniture. The breakfast had a surprisingly large selection in an attractive light, airy dining room. However, the staff offset all these wonderful attributes. The visitors in the room next door were extremely roudy, and after reporting this to the front desk associate, who ensured that he would call them, I listened for their phone to ring. It never did, and they were loud for another hour or so, so much so that I slept in the bed across the room and had my mom sleep on the couch bed so that I could get some sleep before my wedding. When our towels weren't replaced, the front desk said they have some brought right away. A couple hours later, this hadn't happened, so we called them again, and they said that the housekeepers were gone for the day (this was at 4:00pm). Soon after, I walked to my car in the lot, and I saw a few housekeepers in the laundry room a few doors down. I asked them for more towels and the politely gave mem some and assured me that they didn't leave at 4:00. So the front desk didn't have a clue what was going on. Additionally, the complimentary news papers were depleted by 8:30 each day, and the front desk assoiciates were not very helpful, attentive, or friendly in person. But the room and the breakfast were great, as were the ladies who kept the breakfast stocked.

• Stayed: May 2006
Reviewed July 4, 2005

This was actually our second choice, after asking the rate at another motel and being told that they had a "set rate" for the holiday weekend (Memorial Day Weekend, Sunday night). The front desk clerk was excedingly friendly, and had a scented candle burning in the lobby when we arrived. Once in our room, the clerk personally brought an intenet cable to us. This hotel was perfect for a mother (71) and daughter traveling alone. Safe, clean, non-smoking, downstairs room. We'll stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2005
#3 of 16 in West Monroe
Super 8 Monroe West
Super 8 Monroe West
#7 of 16 in West Monroe

Been to Motel 6 West Monroe? Share your experiences!