“Came on the recommendation of family member -”
Review of Cheniere Shack

Cheniere Shack
Ranked #55 of 142 Restaurants in West Monroe
Description: Full service sit down restaurant. Full bar available. Take out welcome.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We drove up, made a road trip out of it coming the back roads down the East West El Camino Trail. The beautiful forests, pretty lakes, and countryside - it was a enjoyable day. Got into West Monroe, found the Cheniere Shack. It had a good crowd and that's always a good sign. Danielle was our serving, it was a busy night but she kept up and never missed a beat. The beer was cold and flowing, the blackened catfish, the crab cakes with etouffe, the bread pudding - freshly made. A wonderful meal and will definitely go back. By the way they make homemade pies and desserts to buy whole or by the piece. The 4 layer coconut cake looked fantastic - will have to try it another road trip.

1  Thank lady_k_0nline

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Have always heard about the cheney shack. Took the family one weekend night. Ordered fried catfish dinners. The "green salad" was chopped up lettuce with dressing on the side. Not one tomato,onion included,only chopped lettuce. The fish and fries came out cold. All in all,rather mediocre.We won't make a return trip.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have eaten here off and on about once a year because I forget how bad it is and hope it has changed and go back. Went today and had a burger with fries. Yes, I know....not a great selection for real food anywhere but nothing else was very appealing and I admit I was STARVING or I would not have stopped. My fries were limp and kind of like they had been microwaved. I asked the waitress about it and she said no. I said "so, they are actually deep fried fresh?" She wouldn't make eye contact and mumbled yes. Yeah sure! The burger was ok but my friends chicken was flavorless and her fries were just as bad. We did mention it to no avail. It was as if they don't care. While sitting there I did comment to my friend that it felt like we were in a Restaurant Impossible episode. True dat! If you like happy concerned servers and great food...skip this place.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We go to CS often, like more than we go to most other restaurants, but there are
sometime we just don't go - because it closes around the 4th of July every year for a couple of weeks. I think, usually, for a little vacay for the owners. But this year, they worked their patooties off during those two weeks and when they opened back up, CS was not the same ol' tomato. They refurbished, rebuilt, and shined it all up. Now it is still the casual, wear your boots and jeans, and camo place but it sure does look nice now, ya'll - you hear?!
The decor may have changed but this place still has the BEST friend shrimp in town!

3  Thank theheartmom
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Absolutely wonderful. Owners are great local Americans. The Ribeye blackened with sauteed mushrooms is the best steak you can buy in this area. The money you spend stays local! Very good food and people. They will take great care of you. Just don't go in there being a jerk and you'll leave full, satisfied and happy. The bread pudding is so good, i'd fight a man over it.

1  Thank Roadhustler