“Poor, poor rating”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in West Monroe
Sherman, United States
“Poor, poor rating”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Not a good experience at all at the Hilton Garden Inn in West Monroe, and I would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE!!!!!! The water was brown, but there was a card in the bathroom explaining it away as "golden water". I have never had to shower in brown, smelly water. The smell coming from the AC unit was even worse than the water experience. I had to actually put dryer sheets in the AC vents and also put some around the room to try to alleviate the smell.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Donald P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
Northeast Arkansas
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Clean room, quick check-in, friendly staff. Even while being over-run with little league players, the staff was calm and pleasant.
Price is a little high, but not too much over.
Directly across the street from the Convention center, and a short drive to Duck Commander warehouse.

• Stayed July 2013
Magnolia, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nice hotel with a great location. Across the street from the Ike Hamilton Center made is a terrific bargain while we attended the National Jr Brangus Show. Easy access and ability to walk across the street to the Ike. Washing machines and dryers were accesible even with a high demand with many families staying for a week.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

A very clean hotel and the staff are always friendly and helpful. I stay at this hotel each time I go to Monroe/West Monroe. I really wouldn't stay anywhere else. The front desk went above and beyond the call of duty to help me with my accomodations. The breakfast staff was also nice and helpful. Just an all around great place to stay when I'm away from home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Another Hilton with excellent service and hospitality. The staff are all very friendly and my room was clean and nice and cool (in the summer heat). They actually make a really good burger and the French Toast is some of the best I've ever had (thanks to staff for suggesting it). Blue Moon beer on tap for only 99 cents before 8pm, what a deal! If I had to say one thing remotely negative, it would be that there is no hotel shuttle service to take you to restaurants, stores, etc within a short radius like many other hotels do. It would have saved a bit on cabs as I didn't have a rental car this trip. No harm done, I will still stay there next time I am down that way.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ShareTheWorld
Gloria F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Monroe, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
I wish I had time to respond to all these wonderful responses on Trip Advisory! I am so glad you had a great stay with us. We LOVE what we do and we try hard to make every Guest experience all that you expect and more when stay with the Hilton family of hotels.
Harlan
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I am a very picky traveler, and this place was THE BEST!! We were very far from home, traveling with 3 children (one of them an infant). This hotel was spotless....our room, the lobby, the pool, restaurant.....all spotless. Towels and beds were soft & comfy. The staff delivered us a pack&play for our 3 month old and it was clean as well. Every staff member was friendly & helpful. They gave us directions, and recommended places to visit. It was in a central location, close to everything. Restaurant was delicious, inexpensive for a buffet. Laundry room & gym were great. This place is the works!! HONORS MILITARY DISCOUNT

Duncanville, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Traveling with 2 granddaughters so wanted to break the trip up from a week at the beach in FL. The hotel was clean and our room was a nice size. We had requested an upgrade but when my husband checked in they didn't show it but it was fine. The front desk was very friendly every time we walked by. The girls could hardly wait to get out of the car and make it to the pool. I was so looking forward to the whirlpool but I guess they have closed it up never could find it :-( Our room was very quiet at night but in the morning I could hear the music from the lobby in our room(we stayed on the 1st floor) The breakfast was fantastic. The staff was friendly and the service was great.

Room Tip: " eat breakfast it's great"