“I'll go again”

Willie's Duck Diner - OPEN!
Ranked #5 of 144 Restaurants in West Monroe
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We went at 2 pm on a Saturday, the day of the Mardi Gras parade, and it was very crowded-long waits. Probably should have had more wait staff working. Our waitress, however, was very good and tried hard. The food was fine. Fried pickles were excellent and my oyster po-boy was very good. The hamburger was average but the sourdough bun was wonderful. The hamburger steak was ok but the chicken-fried steak not so much. I'm told the meatloaf and the gumbo are good. Fried okra was very good. Maybe a little under seasoned for me, but then I cover everything in hot sauce anyway. Others in our group don't like a lot of seasoning, so were happy with that. I thought the atmosphere was fine. I think they're still learning and evolving, but I was good with today.

1  Thank dpez48

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I love all things DUCK,so I was excited to see it was right behind my hotel,gumbo was very good,Miss Kay's Macn cheese was bland so was the jumbalia ,some folks fussed coz it was high,felt prices fair just needs more seasoning!

1  Thank IslaholicIslamujeres
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Husband and I stopped here on our way from Georgia to Texas. We are HUGE Duck Commander fans and wanted to eat at Willie's diner for that reason. It closes at 9, and we arrived at 830. Apparently there had been a huge rush right before we got there, and our waitress later told us they were understaffed for the night. When the hostess tried to seat us, every table was dirty and there was not one server or busboy in the dining area. The hostess ended up clearing and cleaning a table by herself in order to seat us. I went to use the restrooms and there was no soap in either of the dispensers. I told an employee who was in the bathroom with me that there was no soap and she didn't even acknowledge that I spoke to her.
As far as the service/food goes - our waitress was very friendly and prompt. No complaints there. She did inform my husband that he got the last glass of unsweet tea, as they were close to closing and wouldn't be making anymore. I felt that was a little silly, as it isn't that difficult to make tea. The biscuits and cornbread that they give you are very good. Husband ordered the grilled chicken sandwich and fries, I ordered the shrimp po-boy with creole sauce and green beans. The grilled chicken sandwich was huge with not one but two large pieces of chicken on it. He said the sandwich was very good as were the fries. My po-boy sandwich had a very generous helping of fried shrimp and was delicious. I could only eat half of it. The green beans were very good too. The creole sauce was good, but tasted like it came out of a jar. I was kind of hoping for authentic home made sauce.
Overall, it was ok. We would probably stop in here again on our way through LA.

1  Thank Mrsbrownie14
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is a must go once place to eat while visiting West Monroe .. You may or may not want to go back on extended stays. Food was good but $15 lunch blue plate a bit much. I'd compare to Cracker Barrel. Service was good and they were crowded! Tourist. If ever back with new travelers , we will definitely eat again, but if just us..I doubt it. A $ 55.00 lunch a bit high

4  Thank Amy B
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stopped in briefly (husband told me it was a must see) and I'm glad I did. Next time I will stay longer. Staff seemed friendly and the atmosphere seemed relaxed.

2  Thank SeasonedTravelor74