“Good stay.”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in West Monroe
DeSoto, Texas
“Good stay.”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my mother and my 3 teenagers. The room was very large and we were told that we would be able to fit up to 2 roll out beds in are room. When I checked in they informed me that there were not any roll outs available even though I had just called an hour before to ask ( that was my only real complaint). Between the king size bed, couch, and comfy chair with a footstool most of us slept very comfortably. My son was the only one who slept on the floor but he does that at home all the time anyway ( like he doesn't have a bed)!

Room Tip: The king size suites on the back of the motel are large and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Monroe
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Upon entering the room, we noticed that the toilet was constantly running and the two beds were at different heights. As we inspected the beds, we realized that one of them was broken. We contacted the front desk and were told that the property was booked solid and no other rooms were available. The manager came to check the room and turned off the water supply to the toilet, acting as if this fixed the problem. When she looked at the beds, she told us she would call maintenance but didn't think they could do anything about the bed. After a short time, she tried to fix the problem by putting us in a king bed room. Since we had three adults, this was unacceptable. After much discussion, she found another room for us. We felt that the solution should have been done immediately. It was apparent that if we had not insisted, we would have been left in the room with a broken toilet and bed. We have stayed here previously and not had issues like this.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

2 Thank Kim L

Travelers are raving about these West Monroe hotels

lsugurl
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed during the Miss Louisiana Pageant. Overall the room was okay, things were not very clean throughout the entire hotel. The hallway on our floor was out the entire stay. My room felt very humid and sticky in the air even with the AC on 65. The only time the staff even seemed to care to get in gear was when the owners were present on the property, and we know this bc they were all warning each other as we walked down the hall. They never replenished towels when they would come to clean, in fact if you get makeup of any kind on the towels or sheets there is a letter in each room warning you of a possible charge to clean them. When. Asked for any refill items I was just told to go get it downstairs. The "breakfast" was really gross and the items to pick from were slim. Next year when we stay again we will be looking for a new hotel, this place just isn't cutting it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Katy, Tx
Reviewed July 9, 2014

A couple of small problems that the staff solved quickly. I would recommend. A very comfortable bed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 Thank Denny T
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My family has come through Monroe 7 times in the past year. Each time we have stayed at the Garden Inn. We didn't book early this time and the Wingate was the only available hotel in the area. I now know why. Shawnda is extremely rude and shows her lack if tact and education. Robert tried to charge our card for incidentals that we did not accrue. The lady at the front desk, Merideth I believe, was polite, but if I owned this hotel Shawndra and Robert would be looking for a job. The hotel threatens to charge if you take make up off with their rags or towels and give you an extra little paper that explains that is why they hbe provided towlets in the bathroom. There were three towels in the pool area.the cushions on the couch were ripped and the King sized mattress sagged in the middle. The price was insane for thr service and amenities provided. Never again.

• Stayed July 2014