“Do not stop here!!!”

Wingate by Wyndham West Monroe
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in West Monroe
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I chose this hotel based on previous experiences with this hotel chain. NOT AGAIN!! Nasty white stains all on the carpet. Carpet was wrinkled... as if it had been wet. The lampshade had a hole in it. We had a King suite, with a pull out bed. When we moved the coffee table to pull out the bed... THE LEG FELL OFF!! The mattress on the pull out was sunk in the middle and one of the boys sat on the end of the bed and thought he was going all the way through!! The pillows on the king bed were so cheap and old that they were no longer white, but tan.. In addition, the inside of them were tiny balls of stuffing. One of the boys went to ask for a blanket for the pullout, he asked for pillows too, to see if they were better, but they did not have any. I woke up with an awful headache from sleeping on them.
The heated pool was FREEZING!!!! Way to cold for a baby and when teen boys will not swim in it, you know it is cold!!!

We had been driving all day and were tired, so we just stayed in the room and tried to make the best of it. IF I HAD PAID $60 or so, this would not be a bad review.. It would have been what I expected... HOWEVER, for $145, I EXPECT way more! I do have to say, the staff was very kind and polite and breakfast was not bad.

Room Tip: AC worked well, but had debris inside it. noise level was minimal.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank amanda c

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I visited the hotel with my children over the weekend and we wanted a place to stay with an indoor pool, so the girls could swim before we got home, the young lady at the front desk was very courteous and and friendly, the telephone was ringing countinously, and she had 5 guest in front of her, and she kept a smile on her face and let the guest know as they walked in she would be with them shortly, she never lost her cool, and she kept a smile on her face. I worked in customer service before and have I know how busy a hotel gets, but to have a front desk agent to really keep her cool, AMAZED ME, and I will return. SOON!!

Room Tip: Great area, if your travelilng with kids, walking distance from movie theatre and restaurants. #Wi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Expensive, greasy door knobs, greasy chair arms, stained chair seat, large clump of something really nasty looking on carpet inside door. Bathroom not clean. Would have gone somewhere else if it had not been late and I had driven all day. Had to Lysol everything - from doors, all bathroom, beds, tv remotes, light switches.

Room Tip: Try asking to see the room first!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Hotel staff was rude, dirty rooms, cold breakfast and double charged cc for one night!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I travel all over the U.S. on business and have been generally a Hampton Inn type when possible. Well, if the Wingate organization is performing at the level of this hotel where I am writing this review, I will have to try some more. Keep in mind that some reviews are probably ranting by trained smear campaigners. I find this establishment in West Monroe, Louisiana to be very good. That says a lot because I save the top grade for the truly outstanding (and very expensive) hotels. This place is clean, has coffee available at night, has good food for free in the morning (very important for my business schedule) and is close to a good selection of restaurants and stores. I will encourage my co-workers to visit this place in following weeks.

Room Tip: I am on the "noisier" side and it is no problem at all.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Carl S
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I stayed at the hotel after a period of bad weather and flooding in Louisiana. Many hotels in the area were booked and quite busy with people who had to leave their homes and that might account for the fairly harried atmosphere I found at the hotel.

That was my first stay at a Wingate and I really appreciated the various amenities in the room and in the hotel, i.e. microwave and refrigerator in room, pool, vending machines, free breakfast. However, the bed and bedding seemed well past their heyday of comfort and freshness.

At the end of my stay I asked for a brochure to see if I might find another Wingate along my route. Somehow the front desk staff were unable to turn up a brochure, nor even identify any other Wingates along a major route through the Southeast. After I waited for about five minutes, they still could not answer this question about their hotel chain, so I decided to skip it and move on. I subsequently called Wingate reservations while on the road to get information about potential hotel stays en route and that experience was similarly not very efficient or helpful. I called a competitor and they were on the ball and got my business.

Overall, I would say this hotel has all the ingredients for being much better, but it needs more attention to detail, more intensive and conscientious cleaning, and more responsiveness from the staff to customer requests.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room facing onto the back parking lot and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Arrived after a long day in car we expected room to be as nice as lobby. What a disappointment! Bathroom needs thorough cleaning. Back of door dirty. Furniture is mismatched and needs cleaning. Just trusted the Wyndham name but will no longer expect quality in all locations .

• Stayed: September 2011