“Now open for lunch!”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #56 of 142 Restaurants in West Monroe
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

So happy for another lunch option when visiting my mom ! Only the third day - hostess sat us at preferred table with a smile. Our server - Ashley - was friendly & professional - food arrived quickly & was delicious. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of perfectly seared ahi tuna with my salad & my elderly parent thoroughly enjoyed her tilapia & then the dessert sampler arrived! Yummmmy! Can't wait for every Outback to be open daily for lunch!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ate at the Outback Steakhouse Sunday with a large group (about 24 people) all from the dog show. Restaurant was not staffed for the number of people that showed up to eat which resulted in extremely poor service. We showed up around 5pm and did not leave until 8pm. Two guests in the party ordered coffee and all beverages for our group came out, I think someone must have asked for something and he got distracted and forgot to give the guests their coffee. After a long time he started taking food orders and one of the woman that said she ordered coffee asked him why was he taking food orders when they hadn't gotten their drinks yet? Brought them the coffee he had poured but it sat around too long and was cold. He said he would go make another pot and he came back and started taking food orders again. By the time he got to the two ladies who had ordered coffee she asked about it. One of the managers came by and gave them another cup of coffee and it was cold. Finally got the hot coffee order and he comes back to a few in our party...he had lost some of the orders and had to take theirs again. Now in the meantime, four people in our party that had to sit at another table their food arrives while he's taken the orders he lost for the second time. Finally food started coming out and I had ordered the Victoria filet, medium rare, it came out over cooked and and tough. He had to go back and order me a second one. By this time everyone was finished eating and some had ordered dessert which never came out. People were wanting their checks and told the waiter to cancel the desserts. When my check came out it had someone else's appetizer on it and he had to go back and redo my check. Everyone had left except for me and my friend when one of the other managers came out. He was extremely apologetic about the whole situation and compted my dinner (only because the check came out while we were complaining about everything that went wrong and the waiter had just brought my check out to me). He gave us his us a coupon for a free appetizer and $20 off another dinner. My friend had suggested that next year he be prepared when the dog show comes to town and properly staff his restaurant. Also suggested that he make up a flyer about call ahead sitting.

1  Thank TrishB396
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My Mom wanted to go to the local Outback & after reading the reviews I was a bit worried - we had a party of 5 and were greeted promptly & sat in our requested booth. Our waiter - Andre - was quickly at the table - friendly & professional - delivered our requested beverages & took our dinner order. We chatted and food arrived in a timely manner - everything was delicious & portions were perfect. No complaints & we will return !

Reviewed July 22, 2013

A nicely poured cocktail was a welcome sight after an all-day event getting into town on two airplane rides, plus delays. So, I was ready for a good meal, following a very poor showing at another OBSH in another city. That said, my sirloin steak dinner at the West Monroe location was excellent and representative of my past experiences with the brand. On this visit, I had the 6 oz., medium and cooked as ordered on the open flame grill with grilled shrimp, sauteed mushrooms and steamed broccoli. It was all really nice. The mushroom "side" is more than enough and two can easily share this one. Out the door, I was $33 lighter in the wallet but well worth it.

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I haven't been to an outback in years and now I remember why. The service was bland. It was a 30 minute wait, we put out name on the list and got our pager and sat at the bar for a drink. Almost an hour later our bartender questioned why we weren't seated yet. Apparently they decided that we were going to eat at the bar and took us off the list. We were then seated about 5 minutes later. This is a chain restaurant. That's really all I have to say. The food, service and atmosphere is just average. I guess we just aren't chain restaurant people. It was ok but I won't be running back anytime soon. For the price it's just not worth it...

1  Thank Fireflyfarm