“Very Disappointed”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #48 of 142 Restaurants in West Monroe
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Last Saturday evening we called ahead for priority seating for 20 in anticipation of celebrating my niece's 13th birthday. Upon arrival at the restaurant we were promptly seated and the evening went downhill from there. The service was atrocious and the food, when finally served, was disgusting and cold. Our salads were served after the entrees, and some of the entrees were not served until after we asked for the check. We were there for over an hour before getting our drinks and placing the first order. The staff initially blamed the problems on prom night, however we have been there multiple nights when they were full and had to wait for seating, but have NEVER seen the service be this horrible. It was apparent that it was not only an issue with the wait staff but also from the kitchen. When we asked to speak to the manager it got even worse. She used curse words in front of our children, began to cry and then went on to say it was only her third night in the position and she should not be held accountable for the mess. By this time we only wanted to leave. The bill when it came - they were really quick to get it ready, was surprising. We had been charged full price minus a couple of the salads and on top of that they included the 18% gratuity. Normally I will tip over and above that amount, but frankly this meal was not worth the time it took to sign the receipt, much less the couple of hundred dollars they charged. My family will not waste our time again.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and granddaughter and I visited this Outback over the holidays. We were told there would be a 30 minute wait. There were 10, yes 10, empty tables! We decided to wait and the crowd grew and the tables stayed empty. Our server was friendly and cared but service was slow. My lobster was not cooked. We have eaten here many times over the years but the quality and service has suffered.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Asked for a table for one. Response "it will be about 15 minutes since there is only one." There were three 4-tops available and no one waiting. She wanted me two wait for a two seater in the bar. I walked next door to Cracker Barrel. I like most Outbacks but will cross this one off my list.

Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Our server was cocky, our food - after our 45 minute wait - was cold. Even our dessert- chocolate thunder was less than desirable, and it's our favorite dessert. Our steaks were not cooked to order and the baked potato was not done as it was raw/hard... And as I mentioned cold. The restaurant was not busy as we had no wait time to be seated. Other outback locations we've visited have been outstanding. This one we will not revisit.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Ordered a grilled chicken with green beans to go; it was made extremely fast and was delicious. Would go here again.