“Won't be back”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Monroe
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in West Monroe
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I've stayed at this location a number of times over the years and have thoroughly enjoyed the setting-Restoration Park next door, the cleanliness and professional and accommodating staff. Things have changed. The staff seemed to be doing their jobs for the first time. My first morning there, at 7:00 a.m., the food was still in boxes in the breakfast room and the only food available was biscuits and gravy. As I left for work for the day (Monday morning), I went to the public restroom outside the breakfast room and waited on a staffer to finish using the facility. He must have been suffering from a serious case of gastrointestinal upset, because he trashed the stool. And the stool remained trashed until the Thursday morning I left-not dysfunctional, just scurvy. My daughter and grandson traveled from Dallas to visit me, and because the staff couldn't keep the stay schedule straight, they issued a room card for their room, and a man walked in on them. Not too secure. When my daughter went to the desk to let them know what they'd done, they said "So you're still here?" Trash bins were always full-the breakfast room, outside the front door-and often with trash obviously from the night before. Breakfast always seemed to be nobody's responsibility, and cleaning seemed to fall through the cracks for extended periods of time. We're all human, and there will always be glitches and missteps during a stay, but here it seemed to be the norm. I'm sorry to say I won't be back. I've always enjoyed this place.

Room Tip: Stay away from the interstate side. It can be very noisy. The elevator makes an alert sound each t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank hazmatt457
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear hazmatt457,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We truly regret to see the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We would like to follow up with you and have sent you a private message in order to obtain some additional information.

Thank you again for your comments, we hope to hear from you again soon.

Adrian D

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip and the hotel was very nice. There were complimentary snacks, wine, and beer in the lobby. The rooms were huge and clean as well as the bathroom. The only concern is the brownish/yellow water, which the hotel says is mineral water....that's something I would have to research myself.....other than that I would stay here again! Also the parking lot is rather small, but adequate for the amount of rooms they have I guess. No biggie.

Room Tip: Non-smoking hotel, so it doesnt matter.....no good views because of its location.....1st floor King...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The hotel staff were friendly and the overall property was clean and maintained. The hallway carpets showed signs of age. Our room was clean but had a musty smell and the tub had stains and a drippy faucet. The beds were very comfortable. Unfortunately, there were guest obviously practicing for the Olympics above us and awoke my whole family--the front desk said that had gotten other complaints and had called them already once and would call again. I suggested a formal visit--the gold medalist stopped about 15 minutes later. Breakfast was the usual but the area was clean. The hotel allows pets, unfortunately a pet owner tracked in poop all over the stairwell, hallway, and elevator. I would stay again, but will check out other options first. They are close to lots of dining options and about a mile from Duck Commander. We stayed here because my kids had a sporting even held at the West Monroe High School. We were only about 5 minutes from the High School.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank cajuntravelers2007
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear cajuntravelers2007,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you liked our convenient location as well as our friendly staff service. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I wouldn't say our stay was bad, but I wouldn't say I would choose them again. The hotel needs some maintenance. Most of the staff was friendly, but their was one that shouldn't be in the hospitality field :-/. I did love being able to walk right onto the trails of Restoration Park :-). Overall just an average stay.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Anitad364
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Anitad364,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments online. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guest services.

I am disappointed to read that your experience was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had and for the shortfalls you have encountered. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I checked in and what do you know Mon night is a managers reception night...free beer! The hotel is close to Duck Dynasty and shopping. The room is clean with a big flat screen TV. The staff was Accommodating with a capital A. ...and did I mention that they had free beer. I think we will go out of our way to stay here next time.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

When informed my crew and I would be staying in West Monroe and I would be needing 8 rooms, I began the task of finding that many rooms at a quality hotel. (Which usually isn't easy). After calling several others only to be turned away, as a last resort I called Holiday Inn, normally I shy away from Holiday Inn because of past experiences with the chain. But in desperation, I gave this one a chance and I was pleasantly surprised. Check in and check out was smooth and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Staff was very accommodating in all aspects. Will stay again

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Srichardson86
Stephanie E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Srichardson86,

Thank you so much for your review. We love to hear from our guests! We were very pleased to hear that your expectations were met, and are happy that you gave us a chance to change your mind about Holiday Inn Express! We look forward to serving you again when you are in the West Monroe area!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was a very clean hotel. However, I do have a warning! We stayed for 2 days. We had to leave very early and quickly one morning, for the day. We did not have time to put away our belongings, so we put up the do not disturb sign to keep the housekeepers from entering our room. We have done this many times at other Holiday Inns and other hotels. When we came back in the afternoon, the maid had taken our sign out of the keyhole, made up the room, and moved suitcases. As well, when I went to sign into my laptop I had the message "invalid password" on the screen, meaning that someone had made an attempt OR had hit some keys. Also, we had not more Not Disturb sign. We very mildly mentioned right away to the front desk man, who just smiled and said "Sorry". We waited until check out the next morning and told the morning front desk young woman. She asked our phone number and our room and said that someone would get back to us before we left the hotel (we were having breakfast) No one approached us, or called. I intend to call corporate at Holiday Inn about this. But be warned that this may happen to you at this hotel with housekeeping and it seems that they can just do what they want, with no repercussions. Will stay elsewhere next time!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel~
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank northgoessouth
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear Stephanie M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see that the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are pleased to see the high scores for Cleanliness, Rooms, and Sleep Quality. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that we can improve upon for you and our future guests. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

La Quinta Inn & Suites West Monroe
TownePlace Suites Monroe
Home2 Suites by Hilton West Monroe
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott West Monroe

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Monroe? Share your experiences!