“Very Nice!”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in West Monroe
Houston
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is the new Hampton Inn in West Monroe, Louisiana. As another reviewer mentioned, you can smell the paper mill while in the city and you can smell it. I do not like the water at this location--it is rusty looking in the toilet. There is a sign in the bathroom that explains the water situation. There is nothing wrong with it, I just don't like the way it feels on your skin when you shower. Aside from the water, this is a great hotel. The staff are friendlly and helpful. I have stayed here several times when I couldn't get a hotel in Monroe. Just not a fan of the water!

3 Thank kims608
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Monroe, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear kims608,

Thank you for writing a review for the Hampton Inn of West Monroe, LA. We appreciate your feedback and comments to help us improve for the future. As stated in your review, the water is tested by the City of West Monroe and it is safe for all uses. However, a city-wide filtration system should be in place in the near future to resolve this issue.

We truly appreciate you and your business and certainly hope to see you again!

Fax: 318.410.0145

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had a great stay during my engagement. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The property is new and looks amazing, great decor. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the beds were very comfortable. Hampton Inn will be my choice of stay next time I'm in Monroe.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank AHP2014
Dear AHP2014,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for the Hampton Inn of West Monroe, LA! We hope you enjoyed your engagement; we were glad to be able to be a part of your special event! Your kind comments will be passed on to the staff and management.

We wish you the best of luck in the future and certainly hope to see you again!

USA
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a relatively new property that we have stayed at before. Upon arrival at the front desk, Penny welcomed me back and thanked me for being a HHonors Diamond member. The entire check-in was less than two minutes. The room was clean, fresh smelling and well-appointed. The flat screen television has a good variety of cable channels available. The walk-in shower is nice. The included breakfast offered a good selection of choices and was well prepared. We enjoyed our stay and will return to this Hampton Inn on future visits to ULM.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Steve C
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Monroe, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Steve C,

Thank you for writing a review for the Hampton Inn of West Monroe, LA! We were so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and found the check-in process, guest room, in-room amenities, and breakfast to be accommodating and satisfactory. We appreciate you taking the time to mention the good service you received from our Hampton family member, Penny. Your kind comments will be passed on to management and staff.

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

garden city
Reviewed January 20, 2013

First of all when you visit this town, just know that you are in paper mill country. If you smell a strange smell in the lobby, you are still just trying to get away from the paper mill. When you get to your room, you won't smell it anymore. The room smelled so clean and fresh. It was beautifully decorated and very modern. It was very roomy and comfortable and we were so happy that we had come straight to the room and ordered delivery food. It was sooo nice to use that extra time to enjoy the room and relax. Nice big tv with plenty of cable networks to enjoy. I felt pampered. What's not to like?

2 Thank Rebecca H
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Monroe, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Rebecca H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Hampton Inn of West Monroe, LA! We were thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and even spent extra time in the guest room! Our staff works very hard to ensure that every detail in the room is tended to and your review reassures us that they are doing a great job. Your comments will be shared with management, and more importantly, with the staff.

We thank you for your business and certainly hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The staff is super, made our stay so pleasant. There are other good hotels in the area, for sure, but I'll definitely be back to stay here. Beds are super comfy, rooms smelled clean, bathrooms were clean. Nice.

2 Thank meglenn108b
Dear meglenn108b,

Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn of West Monroe, LA! We truly appreciate your kind comments about our staff and our guest rooms. It is always nice to be reassured that we are taking good care of our guests and exceeding their expectations during their stay with us. We know you have many options to choose from when looking for a hotel and are glad that our Hampton Inn is your hotel of choice in the area.

On behalf of staff and management, thank you for your business. We hope to see you soon!

Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here the weekend of our wedding in my hometown. The décor is gorgeous and the entire hotel spotless. However, the staff is what made our stay. When I informed them that it was my wedding weekend, they put together a package of goodies and bath stuff and all signed a card. How thoughtful and sweet! Whenever we were in the lobby area, everyone was friendly and accommodating and seemed truly interested to hear about the wedding. Thanks! Hampton Inn will be my hotel of choice from now on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cheryl P
Dear Cheryl P,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for the Hampton Inn of West Monroe, LA! I would like to begin by congratulating you and your husband on your wedding and also thanking you for making our Hampton Inn your hotel of choice. We were thrilled to hear that our hotel, guest rooms, and staff exceeded your expectations during your very special stay with us! Your kind comments will be shared with the staff and management.

We wish you both the best of luck in your future together and certainly hope to see you both soon!

West Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I recently stayed here. As a Hilton Honors member I was sure I had additional time to call the hotel about needing to stay another night. Upon returning from lunch I called the hotel and found out that my belongings had been packed up and put at the front desk and I was checked out of the room. Are you serious? Are you kidding me? This is how a Hilton Honors member gets treated. Everything including my dirty laundry was placed in my bag along with my clean clothes. Not to mention that the rest of my belongings was still up in the room and I had to tell them I had other stuff for them to bring it down. When I asked the Manager directly if they tried calling me she said they didnt have access to my number. I never received a phone call about the checkout. They called the company where I work and the lady they talked to didnt have the correct information. They should have contacted me directly. They could have looked me up in the system through Hilton Honors. So much for customer service at this Hampton. The overall lack of it from even the manager at this location is just terrible.I know they have access to my information within the system. I stay at Hiltons all the time as a Hilton Honor member. This has definitly tarnished the reputation of Hilton and Hamptons name. I am just in disbelief that this happened at all over a late checkout/extended stay for a Hilton Honors member.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KWWM
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Monroe, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear KWWM,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the Hampton Inn in West Monroe, LA. We were sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your experience at our hotel. Unfortunately, the phone number we have on file for you is a company phone number and not a personal one. I would like to reassure you that we did contact the number in your profile and were instructed to proceed with a checkout. Due to a full house for that evening, we honored the dates of the original reservation.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Monroe
Best Western West Monroe Inn
Best Western West Monroe Inn
#3 of 15 in West Monroe
Quality Inn & Suites of West Monroe

Been to Hampton Inn West Monroe? Share your experiences!