“A rating”

Hampton Inn West Monroe
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in West Monroe
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

i stayed here the day it opened and it was a clean hotel with great staff, which means alot to me. the only 3 knocks i have is the price (yes nice place, but $100 is still alot of money with a discount), the pool not being filled when i had family wanting to swim and enjoy ourselves, and the smallest room that i have ever stayed in. nothing actuall wrong but i would have liked it to be completly ready. the breakfast was great and staff was hustling, so thats always a plus. be warned: west monroe has brown water. my mothers house does, walmart does, even the hampton does. its well water but safe to drink and use. dont freak out. B+ rating due to small small room and pool not opened, but i would stay here again. im sure its all ready by now.

• Stayed: June 2012
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear smokie3883,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn of West Monroe, LA. We appreciate your kind comments about the cleanliness of our guestroom and the service of our staff. We would like to assure you that we follow all of Hilton's highest standards regarding our hotel, our rooms, and the services we offer. However, I regret hearing that the pool was not filled during your stay with us. We strive to keep our pool clean and safe for all our guests to use and would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family.

All feedback provided by our guests is taken into consideration so that we may improve for the future. We appreciate your business and hope to serve you again!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel is new and very nice. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. The only problem we had was housekeeping did not clean our room. If I were staying with three adults and two children, I would get a suite instead of a room with two queens and a rollaway. The staff could not be better.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear redoldsman,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn of West Monroe, LA. We truly appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and the friendliness of our staff. However, I would like to apologize for your room not being tended to and any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay with us. We understand how important it is to feel at-home when you are away from your own home and we sincerely hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stopped here on a recent trip. Like the other reviews say it is absolutely brand new. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Even though it is less than a block from the Hilton Gardern Inn that a couple guests described as smelly, we add no odors.

Stayed: September 2012
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear MrGTr6,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Hampton Inn of West Monroe! Even as a brand new hotel, we strive to ensure that each guest feels at-home when staying with us. We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and staff and were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We certainly hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our way back to Georgia from Dallas, Texas. What a great place! It was brand new and you could tell. We did not use the pool but it looked very nice and the pool furniture was what you would have at your own home. The room was very clean and very nicely furnished. I know it is a crazy thing,but I love the furniture piece used in the bathroom. I love to be able to "stash" my makeup and things UNDER the countertop. Loved the size of the shower. The bed was great, the mattress was very comfortable and the bedding was new and CLEAN! If it is possible we always stay in a Hampton, because of the clean promise.
I didn't get the name of the night staff (we arrived after 10:00 pm) but they were very nice, expecially the young woman and very helpful. When we are back in West Monroe, we will be staying here again.

Room Tip: This hotel is a little way off of Interstate 20 but look for it, it is worth the "detour"...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear jpcandmdc,

Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn of West Monroe, LA! We truly appreciate your kind comments about our pool, guest rooms, and staff. We work hard to ensure that each and every guest feels comfortable at our hotel and reviews like yours keep us motivated and encourage us to continue to improve for the future.

We value you and your business and we certainly hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our family travelled from Dallas Texas to visit Farmerville Louisiana and its annual watermelon festival during our family retreat. In so doing we made reservation at this Hampton Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The hotel was new, clean, and the staff dispayed overwhelmingly kind and courteous customer service. Furthermore, the complimentary breakfast was outstanding. I tip my hat to staff members - Bobby Knight, Larry Petteway, Joseph Tran, Alisha Johnson, and Tasha Pleasent. From the moment of check-in through my departure, these members of staff showed exceptional hospitality and professionalism.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear Emanuel B,

Thank you for writing a review for the Hampton Inn of West Monroe, LA! Your generous words of appreciation and praise were truly a wonderful boost for all of our staff members and management! We appreciate you taking the time to name individual staff members that made your stay a great one. Your review will be shared with our entire Hampton Inn family.

Thank you for your time, appreciation, and business! We hope to see you again the future!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This new Hamtpon Inn was an awesome hotel. I have stayed in all types of hotels 3-5 stars and this one felt more like a 5 star hotel. Very modern and so nice. The room was amazing. The entire hotel was clean, amazing pool and a fabulous breakfast. Most importantly the staff treated us so well. Jenn at the front desk was amazing! We were only traveling through but really wish we were staying longer.

• Stayed: August 2012
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Princessferg,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the Hampton Inn of West Monroe! We were thrilled to read that you truly enjoyed your stay and that everything from the room and staff to the pool and the breakfast exceeded your expectations! We certainly hope to see you again in the future and thank you for your business and kind comments!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The hotel is decorated very nicely. The staff was nice and the facility is new. Our room was nice. The bed was plush with comfy pillows. We had a lot of space. The staff was very helpful with my parents when they arrived hours before us. We arrived late at night with reservations for 2 rooms for my family and my parents. I actually booked this location the previous week for some friends and thought their room was nice so I booked it for myself and my family. I was soo embarassed and disappointed to see that the water was brown.

I felt disgusted and disappointed when I saw that tub fill up with brown water. The more the water gathered, the darker it looked. Regardless of the notice saying the brown water was safe, I treated it as if we were in a 3rd world country - only good for the toilet. My husband started searching online to see if there was any history on the issue and apparently brown water in West Monroe has been a problem for years.

When asked about my stay by members of the staff, even the staff that lives in the area were soo used to the brown water they commented on adding bleach to their own personal bath water and using bottled water for drinking and cooking at home. I could not believe what I was hearing. My husband ran out to the nearest store to purchase cases of water. We acted as if the toilet was the only thing that worked. We used bottled water to brush our teeth, wash faces, and wash-up the children. We skipped the breakfast becasue they are using that same water from the tap to prepare the food. The thought of that brown water used in oatmeal, the batter/mix for waffles, the powdered eggs, in the ice, and to rinse the fruit was utterly disgusting. We also skipped eating at any restaurants in West Monroe because this is apparently a city wide issue. From that moment on, everything in West Monroe was dirty to me. We purchased Lunchables for the kids to get them through for the next stop in a different state. Don't take my word for it, just search online. Key in words like "EPA West Monroe" and "Brown Water West Monroe" or just look at what some other reviewers have said. My Dad laughed and said that I can't save the world, but I can at pass it on.

By the way, the walls were soo thin that the man snoring on the other side of my parents woke them up in the middle of the night. You can hear tv's and talking in the hallway.

Room Tip: The water is brown in West Monroe. Research the area before booking.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PinkToes_in_the_Sand
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear PinkToes_in_the_Sand,

Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn of West Monroe, LA. We were glad to hear that you found the room to be comfortable and the staff helpful during your stay with us. However, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences the water caused you and your family during your stay. Even though the water is proven to be safe, local business owners, such as ours, are constantly working in close contact with the city to find a solution to better accommodate our guests, visitors, and residents of the area.

Your comments and concerns will be shared with the staff, management, and owners to better ourselves for the future. We appreciate your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Monroe
#13 of 16 in West Monroe
Best Western West Monroe Inn
Best Western West Monroe Inn
#3 of 16 in West Monroe

Been to Hampton Inn West Monroe? Share your experiences!