“Horrible experience from start to finish”

Comfort Inn of West Monroe
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in West Monroe
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever dealt with. From the beginning I couldn't even get anyone to answer the phone to make a reservation for HOURS...that should have been my first clue. We had an average room which is what I expected, but the floors were very dirty,bed was uncomfortable, the water was BROWN every time I gave my kids a bath, there were lost items under each bed from previous customers (shoes, hairspray, socks etc) and the air did not work. We complained about the air the first night and nothing was resolved, being sold-out we could not change rooms. Night #2 their solution (after getting the front desk off his iPad long enough to pay attention to me) was to give me an industrial floor fan they use in the laundry room that was terribly dirty.

In addition, to all the problems I had I was walking out of the elevator with the fan they had me take to my room myself and I physically was crushed in the elevator doors. Thank goodness someone was in there trying to push buttons because those doors did not budge. Elevator was broken the rest of the night.

Horrible experience Comfort Inn. Staff was not pleasant, nor did we ever receive ANY apology.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn of West Monroe

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed overnight on our way back to Oklahoma. Arrived late and check-in went smooth. Nice clean room. Breakfast was well stocked and the boys with me always enjoy a hot waffle in the mornings. Right around the corner from the Buck Commander warehouse!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is an older Comfort Inn and an average hotel. There are new hotels in the same area if you are interested in something a little nicer. There are also some great restaurants right there within walking distance which is a plus. The room itself was very average. Nothing fancy about it at all. It was clean though and beds weren't too bad. Pillows could have been softer. The first night stay was pretty quiet and uneventful. However, the second night we stayed the people above us must have been running races back and forth across their room. I called the front desk to ask if they could please speak to the room above us. I was trying to sleep and it was too noisy. The noise did not stop until late into the night. The next morning at breakfast I observed a baseball team of 8-10 year olds.... I assume that is where the noise was coming from. I just wasn't happy that the management couldn't have stopped it.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor to avoid noise above you.
1  Thank nebrtravelor
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Loved my say at the Comfort Inn in West Monroe. I was there for two days. The place was clean and comfortable, the staff courteous and helpful, the price fair. No nasty surprises. Everything went as planned and I'll probably stay there again when I return. They have a nice pool and offer a complimentary breakfast, though I did not take advantage of these services.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

A buddy and I recently rode our motorcycles from just outside Atlanta, GA to West Monroe, La for the purpose of taking a picture of our bikes in front of the Duck Dynasty Warehouse. We did not make reservations but instead decided to take a chance on getting a room near their location. My buddy had a Choice Hotels card that he got points from, so upon spotting the Comfort Inn quite close to the DD location, we decided to give it a shot. We booked one room with double twin beds. While we were standing at the front desk a lady behind us gave us a coupon for $20.00 off an already decent price, so we started out doing pretty good at this place. To be perfectly honest, we rode 12 hours to get down there on motorcycles, so we probably would have slept well in the corner of a cave. But the room was not bad. As others have mentioned in their reviews, the smell of cigarette smoke was evident on the third floor, even though presumably this is a non-smoking place. It was very convenient to a lot of eating places, and for a quick two night stay on a run like we were on, I had no problem with it. If I were going to go back and take my wife for a longer stay, I probably would look for different accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We reserved a room with a king sized bed. Check in went fine, but there was a strong odor of cigarettes throughout the hotel. When we entered the room, we found a room with 2 double beds. Back to the front desk we went, where the man that checked us in explained to the woman, who I assume was the manager, that the only king room still available was one that had a broken lock. He then proceeded to clock out for the day, leaving the woman to clean up his mess. She worked on the computer without speaking, handed us our keys without a word and we went to the new room. We entered to a king size bed, but the carpets had obviously not been vacuumed and there was hair in the bathtub. Exhausted from traveling, we just decided to ignore that and lay down for a rest because it was raining hard outside. That's when we found out the bed felt like laying on a flattened cardboard box.
When we finally decided to brave the elements to go get some dinner, we exited out the side door and into a cloud of sewage odor.
Upon return, we opened the refrigerator, and what do we find but someone else's leftovers in the freezer! That night, we can hear full conversations through the walls. To top off the visit, housekeeping knocked on the door at 10 am the next morning. I went to the door and opened it, to see her at the next room getting ready to clean it. She had no intention other than disturbing us. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank runningchoc
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Had reservations when we got there the rooms we requested were not available could not even get them close to other family, pool was closed (when I called the person told me it was open) The managers reception advertised was not going on (when called the person told me it was going on) The hot homemade breakfast was not going on it was a continental (was not told this on the phone was told it was hot) The girls checked us in then told us the things we wanted were not there. We told them we did not want the rooms did not step foot into the rooms. We walked out to tell our husbands and kids. We decided to find another hotel. We came back 20mins later and checked it out. The girl told us we would not have charges she said she checked us out but could not print us anything. 2 days later we found out we could not use our cards because they had a hold on our cards for the whole stay amount. I called 3 times before I could get someone to answer, when the very rude girl answered she could not help us. She said she took my number and would have a manager call me that was 2 days ago still no call.

Room Tip: Dont book here
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family