“i will be returining to this hotel soon”

Comfort Inn of West Monroe
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in West Monroe
Reviewed June 14, 2011

my friends and i stayed at this hotel and we all loved it!! from the front desk clerk to the housekeepers everything was nice!! i would tell anyone that ask about the jameson inn west monroe that this is one of the best hotels that i stayed in!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I may NEVER drive I-20 again... if I can help it anyway. We must have called or stopped by 20 different hotels -- plus one Air Force base -- trying to find a place to bed down late at night. The Jameson Inn is far from the nicest, cleanest hotels we've stayed in, but at least they were able to accommodate our family, which by the way, was traveling with our family pet. I'm thankful we stumbled across this hotel, but in general the choices along I-20 in Northern Louisiana made us cringe. I'll go out of my way to avoid that route in the future.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I often stay at either Courtyards or Hampton Inns on business but the Monroe Courtyard was full the night I was in town and after reading the TA reviews of the Hampton Inn, I passed and decided to give the Jameson Inn a try, primary due to the hotel being within walking distance of several restaurants.

It’s not a fancy lodging experience. The room (and carpet in particular) seemed a bit worn. The sink and counter space are located right near the door to the room. While it may be convenient in that it allows one person to use the sink while someone else is in the shower, the room design with the sink and counter right in the open seemed dated.

There is free wireless Internet throughout the building. It was easy to connect to and download speeds were in excess of 2.5 Mbps, faster than I have seen at many properties. But the TV is an old 25” tube model.

When I booked the room online I requested a room facing south, away from I-20 after one reviewer noted that rooms on that side were quieter. I was given an even numbered room, which faced north toward the Interstate, but I didn’t hear any vehicle noise.

Check-in was quick, but instead of placing a final bill under the door overnight, I had to go to the front desk and wait for the bill to be printed at check-out.

The breakfast spread was pretty basic, but the make-your-own waffles are good. There’s a guest use computer in the lobby but it’s not connected to a printer, so it’s not possible to print boarding passes.

The location is good, just off I-20 at Exit 114. There’s an Outback, Chili’s and Logan’s Roadhouse right in front of the hotel. And within a short drive there is a Wal-Mart and other shopping.

Overall, the stay was acceptable given the price paid.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank H0lidayr0ad
Reviewed October 9, 2010

This was a good commuter hotel for cross country travel. Approaching from the east it is sort of difficult to get into, never did figure out the best way to enter and leave the parking lot. Checkin was friendly and efficient. The lobby was mid level attractive.

The room was average size and clean. The bed was comfortable and clean, though the ripped bedskirt gave me pause as to the attention to housekeeping. The bathroom was clean and not cramped. Coffee pot in room with decent coffee. The internet and TV were sufficient.

Breakfast was cereals, fruit, juices, waffles and biscuits and gravy. Walk to restaurants.

A bit over priced at $55 + tax, but not excessive, just not a great value.

All in all just OK.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2010

This is a great place to stay. It is in a great location, with a pool for the Kids. The only negative is the check in time. I attempted to check in shortly before 12 PM, and was told that the rooms would not be ready until 3 PM. Learn to make an exception!

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 8, 2010

The hotel is in a good location and the complimentary breakfast was sufficient for an early morning start. I was originally on the first floor but requested a change of room due to noise disturbance above my room which I suspected. I was given another room on 3rd floor. The only downside was that the 3rd floor hallway has cigarrete smell in the hallway.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2010

I work for a company out of Monroe. From time to time we have to travel there from all over. This particular time we stayed at the Jameson Inn. We had about seven rooms, and all of them were pretty bad. The rooms were nonsmoking but reaked heavily of smoke. The bathroom must of had a sewage problem becuase it had a permemant poop smell. I was not impressed by the front desk clerk. Worst of all when it was time to go to bed you could hear nothing but the toliet running all night. This hotel was by far one of the worst I have ever stayed in. The only good thing about it is that it sits next to one of the best resturants I have ever eaten at...Logan's. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business