“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in West Monroe
Austin, Texas
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband & I went to West Monroe to visit the Duck Commander building. This motel is only about 1/2 mile from their building. The stay was awesome. Extremely friendly staff & the townspeople themselves are wonderful. As Native Texans, we've always prided ourselves on our friendliness. Not just at Red Roof, but also the state of Louisiana made our 4 day visit memorable & one that will be repeated. I'd highly recommend staying here. If you're looking for a 4 Star hotel, this isn't the place for you. If you're looking for a clean, safe, economical, friendly environment, this room will do it for you. We will be back. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 30, 2013

You get what you pay for. The room smelled clean but the bed cover had stains and the carpet was dirty. For $55 dollars it was okay. My family would not want to stay here again though. The reason I chose this hotel is that it is 3 blocks away from the Duck Dynasty/Duck commander building. If you are going to West Monroe to see them it is a great location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fairview, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked this motel only because of the reviews it received-no poor or terrible reviews. Well, my experience was different. I booked the "superior" room because it had a better work space for a computer. Great! But upon entering the room the first thing I noticed was the desk lamp with its shade hanging off of it in a very floppy position-which couldn't be fixed by me. It also had no light bulb in it. And I paid extra for a "superior" room?
We got ready to go out to eat. When I went to wash up-I found the sink stopper totally disconnected! Went into the bathroom and found the bottom mold board falling from the wall. The tub had a "chink? in it where it had been damaged. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom.
I went to get a drink of water and found it discolored. I then found a notice from the management that the discolored water was harmless and safe for "...all water uses, including bathing" Wonder why they didn't emphasis drinking?
The cement walkways all appeared stained and dirty.
And I didn't go around looking for problems!
I'm not a person out looking for trouble-but to believe the previous reviews, I simply have to wonder if these aren't friends of management? I wonder is this review will ever make it on to be published? I bet not!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these West Monroe hotels

Huntington, Arkansas
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here on June 4th through 8th, the staff was exceptional and made my stay here pleasant, all went out of their way to help. I will be going back next month for another stay. Room was very clean, no bugs everything worked..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Frank N
Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Upon arriving at the West Monroe Red Roof Inn I was a bit apprehensive because it was so close to the interstate. When I walked through the door, I was greeted with a smile and a big hello from Brandi, who was working the front desk. Brandi retrieved my reservation immediately. She was very knowledgeable about the area and the specifics of the motel. She set the mode for a very pleasant experience at Red Roof. The room was very clean and there was no indication that the non smoking room had ever been used by smokers.The motel is located close to several reputable eating establishments, as well as convienent shopping to retrieve the needs of weary travelers. I will use this motel again and will recomend to anyone who asks. Again, thank you Brandi and Red Roof for making a good trip an excellent trip!

Room Tip: Thw west side will divert you away from constant traffic...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank James F
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Being a business traveller, I have stayed in many different hotel chains. I had avoided Red Roof Inns for the past several years because many of them had become pretty run down. On my recent visit to West Monroe Louisiana, I decided to try the Red Rood Inn because of good reviews in Trip Advisor.

The outside appearance of the hotel made me feel like I had made a mistake. But, thankfully, the room was really updated and in pretty good condition. No offending smells. Updated TV. Clean and comfortable bed. Nice work desk with wifi, although the desk lamp was broken.

This property looks pretty bad from the outside. It desperately needs to be cleaned. The breezeways and the elevator were really dirty and had litter. The property is old and needs some TLC.

The one thing that has not improved at Red Roof Inn is the towels. They are pretty rough and threadbare.

If you want a decent room for a decent price, and you can overlook the obvious mess on the outside, you might be surprised by a better-than-expected room at the West Monroe Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank teeville51
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Myself and a friend from the UK were travelling around the US and both stayed at the Red Roof Inn. We looked at the rooms in surrounding hotels for similar money and the Red Roof was by far the best value.

It was clean / comfortable with good wi-fi connection & friendly service with a smile from Brandy!

All in all - recommend...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends