“Great if low cost is your priority” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in West Monroe
Melbourne, Australia
“Great if low cost is your priority”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed 8 nights in June.
Economically it's great, but there are certainly no bells and whistles.
The pool was great, and the location good with easy walk to various eating places nearby.
The cleaning staff were all pleasant, and did their job effectively.
Personally I wouldn't stay here again, simply because 8 nights is a long time to be in a small confined space, and I didn't feel really comfortable there from a cleanliness aspect.
Whilst our room was no-smoking it had a smoke smell that a room freshener couldn't hide.
Towels were poor quality and I personally don't like bedspreads in hotel rooms from a cleanliness aspect.
But based on the price we spent, we got what we paid for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dana P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Leanne-Michael-LB,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and cleaning staff. We are indeed conveniently located off Interstate 20 surrounded by numerous restaurants. I am truly sorry our towels and bedspread was unsatisfactory. I will take your concerns about them to our head housekeeper and know that it is always our goal to provide the best for our guests. Thank you again for your review.

Warm Regards,

Dana P.
318-325-5780

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Freeport, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Since I was traveling alone, I decided to see how a value hotel measured up against a more standard economy hotel, like a Hampton Inn. The place was clean, the bed was comfortable, the A/C worked, but in most other regards, it was somewhat lacking. The key didn't work, the manager let me in and said the front desk clerk would bring another. But after 10 minutes, no key. I went to the front desk where the clerk stated he had decided not to bring me a key? The shower head was less than 5 ft so you had to bend down to take a shower. The breakfast was lacking, not straightened up but the same clerk seemed oblivious. The property was older, I expected that. All in all, it was less money but also less hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dana P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Mark7374,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you found our hotel clean and comfortable. I am sorry there was a misundertanding in regards to the key incident, frontdesk should have given you a new one. We do apologize if the breakfast was "lacking" on that particular day. We do offer guests 3 different types of cereal, 2 different types of break (along with jelly and butter), juices, and coffee. At Americas Best Value Inn, we strive to provide every customer with excellent service, therefore your feedback is very important to us. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future as you travel.

Dana P.
Salina, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

"Smells like a stinky public bsthroom" My title is not an exageration. Took 3 trys to get an exceptable room. House cleaning did not vaccume or clean the tub or sink. (This is the reason i carry a can of disinfectant) It very evident management does not inspect the rooms after house cleaning is finished.

They advertise internet service; this in in the office using their computers, no free wifi.

Free breakfast is a joke.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dana P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I do want to apologize for our failure to communicate with houskeeping regarding the servicing of your room. The "stinky" smell is unfortunately due to the local paper mill factory. We do offer our guests Free Wi-Fi as well as a business center for those guests who require it. Our hotel provides a free continental breakfast that includes 2 different types of juices, white and wheat bread, 3 different types of cereal and coffee.We do appreciate the feedback as it helps us to become better. We would love the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these West Monroe hotels

Irving, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went to West Monroe for a Duck Dynasty tour, of sorts. Stayed here for 1 night and no real complaints aside of size of bathroom; went on a cruise in October that had one bigger. Breakfast was less than desirable (2 loafs of bread, cereal (3 or 4 different kinds - all sugar loaded), donuts and gallon of milk put in a bucket with ice water at the bottom) but was going elsewhere for breakfast anyway so only needed coffee. Person that checked me in was very friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are important to us, as we strive to continually improve our service and quality. I do apologize our breakfast was not satisfactory to you. I will share your kind comment to my frontdesk clerk. We would love the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you again for your review.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Happy with the cleanliness and amenities for the price. The front desk staff was friendly. The lobby area was bare bones with two tables so I skipped breakfast, but there is a hot meal and a few cereal choices available (and a Waffle House next door). My single room had a desk and a nice easy chair. Bathroom was clean and the bed was super comfortable. All the furnishings felt new (except the mini fridge, which really needs to be put out of its misery). I would stay again if I needed accommodations in the area.

Room Tip: The even numbered rooms are in the front of the building and the odd ones are in the back (instead o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Save1star
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor. I will share your kind comments to my staff. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and hope that you will stay with us again if your travel plans call for you to be in this area.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were having vehicle trouble so we needed a clean and safe play to stay for two days. While this property may be older it is one of the cleanest I've stayed in. We travel for our job and have stayed in hotels that are five star and they were not as clean as this property. The Management was so friendly and Shila, the Manager was more than happy to show us a room before we checked in. I'm very particular about cleanliness and it's obvious that she is too. They treated us like family. I would rather stay here when in Monroe over any other hotel in the area and for me to say that, it's a keeper on our travel list.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Emilee M
Dana P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Emilee M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Americas Best Value Inn in West Monroe, Louisiana. We are delighted to hear we were able to surpass your expectations. We truly appreciate your kind comments about our staff and our guest rooms. It is always nice to be reassured that we are taking good care of our guests as well as our rooms.

We thank you for your stay and hope to see you in the near future!

310 Thomas Road
West Monroe, LA 71291
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was in town for a couple nights to see some friends and stayed here. (easy to get to from I-20). The managers were extremely friendly and went out of their way to be kind. The last morning (today, leaving now) I only had caf coffee and wanted decaf so I called the front desk and asked for a package of decaf coffee. A few minutes later the manager (I think he was the manager) knocked on my door with a starbucks - he said he was at starbucks so decided just to buy me a decaf coffee from there....I was shocked! def have never seen this behaviour from hotel management before.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Madison W
Dana P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for reviewing Americas Best Value Inn of West Monroe, Louisiana. We truly appreciated your kind comments about our hotel and were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value you and your business and hope to see you again in the near future.

310 Thomas Rd