“Not your everyday La Quinta”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Walker Denham Springs Area
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Walker
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed at this La Quinta for the second time recently. This is a newer (5 year old) building, and the rooms are very nice. Since we are members of their loyalty program we were upgraded to a suite with a desk, sofa, and chair as well as their usual comfortable bed. The bathroom has a granite countertop.
Staff were friendly and helpful. When I arrived, Margo was showing an elderly woman a couple of different rooms, so she could make her choice. Unfortunately in the early morning rush to leave, I left some things behind, and the manager was helpful in seeing that I got them. They really seem to do whatever they can to make guests' stays enjoyable.
They have Wifi, a business center, gym, pool, and a continental breakfast. Last but not least they are pet friendly, which is really important to us as our dogs usually travel with us.

Room Tip: Join their loyalty program for an upgrade!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Walker Denham Springs Area

Reviewed September 22, 2012

very friendly at front desk.nice clean room.great was some loud men out by my door.call front desk and they was ask to move . after that i had a good night sleep.have stayed at 6 hotell in walker and baton rouge and this was the best....

Room Tip: never get the room by the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Front desk very friendly. Slept great until housekeeping woke me up at 8am, I asked them to go away and they did for a half an hour when they woke me up again, again I asked them to go away. The third time they knocked and walked right in. WTH I asked, they seemed shocked that I was mad.... The place was not very clean and breakfast ends very early. Not a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Davidkarbginsky
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

The pros: location is good. The staff was nice and helpful (they quickly relocated us when our next-door neighbor was being loud). The room was clean.  The price was right.

The cons: the property is kind of dirty. There were cigarette butts and dog poop all around in the grass outside. There was a large group of men staying there (looked like some kind if construction crew) and they gathered outside the door on some benches drinking and smoking beer all evening. They seemed harmless but it looked pretty trashy. The hotel is wood frame construction and you can hear every footstep from the floor above. The walls must be thin because we could hear the television in the next room. Finally there was a group of 3 staff members standing right outside the front door smoking cigarettes in the morning when we left.

This wasn't the worst hotel experience I've ever had. I would stay again in a pinch, especially if the cons (people hanging out and partying outside the door, dirty grounds, etc) were just flukes. But it won't be my top choice in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I read reviews prior to booking and the reviews were a mix of good and not good.. My experience was excellent over the two day and nights of my visit. Staff was excellent!! If I get back to Walker, I know where I am going to stay, La Quinta!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We had to stay unexpectedly due to AC problems over a weekend at home. Loaded up dog, kids and all our stuff and invaded them. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very nice and clean. Breakfast was pretty good, especially with the make-your-own-waffles. Pool was small but adequate for a smaller hotel. It's nice that at least one decent yet affordable hotel chain allows and accomodates dogs! That's what made me pick them in the first place but now I see how nice a place it is regardless of whether traveling with the dog.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walker
Best Western Plus Regency Park Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hammond
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#36 of 78 in Baton Rouge

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Walker Denham Springs Area? Share your experiences!