“Great Stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vinton
Delta Downs Hotel & Casino
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Vinton
Houston, Texas
“Great Stay”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

First time staying at this hotel and I was very impressed with the room and the amenities. Bed was comfortable and the wifi was adequate. Booked it on a off peak day as it is always sold out on the the weekends. Looking forward to my next visit next month.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hospitality911

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Beaumont, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Race season is interspaced with breaks - So enter the casino and the hotel - DD in Vinton La is only 5 miles up from I-10 exit 4. You can take exit 7 through a little town and school zone possibly miss the turn to the left but off 4 the huge signs make it idiot proof.

Valet service is horrible - closed when there are a few cars there - they can't keep it moving. Bell man not at entrance and a very awkward entrance since check in and drive thru are the same and 2 lanes to double getting run over by Texas drivers. Many customers are from Texas where slots are illegal duh go figure.

After leaving vehicle you see a slot palace to the right and the Lobby to the left. Check in was fast and pointed in the right direction. Elevators were clean. Room maze not bad. Once at room found pretty standard room nothing special. More in line with Holiday Inn style. Large TV with local cable. Bathroom was clean and nice water pressure and warm water more than adequate. Room was quiet and dark. Carpet was vacuumed looked a little dated but I don't go there to check thread counts. Speaking of threads bed was comfortable with enough pillows to keep me happy i.e. more than one a person and not flat or lacking substance.

Breakfast in the food court - next restaurant is a few miles away. No breakfast buffet - Kind of Burger King meets Denny's at the mall. Kind of awkward to get coffee refills as you have to go back into the food area for the Folgers coffee from concentrate. Community coffee is around the corner at another eaten place. Lunch and dinner buffet's are available.

Vista limited hours a grill and bar to watch the ponies at eye level and the food is good. Lookout same just way upstairs to watch ponies run when in season.

Check out is noon and there is nothing else near by to do for 10 miles minimum. Did I mention Wifi in lobby and in room that works you may need it. Otherwise its slots of fun across the way in the casino with usually tight machines and limited specials. Beer overflows from bottles - limited drinks no real bar anymore unless the Vista is open.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

This casino/hotel is our favorite. We have won many slot jackpots here. The bar service on the floor is fast and friendly. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. It's just a 2 1/2 hour drive from NW Texas so it's a nice little get away!

• Stayed March 2014
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The room was large, clean, and comfortable with all the amenities we needed. Tv had plenty of stations. Shower worked very well. Internet was about the fastest hotel internet I've seen. I'd stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank ada11s
Houston
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Times are tough right now and we decided to take much needed break from the world to come to this place. When you go to any casino you expect certain things. You reserved a room, you are planning on having fun and drinking since you don't have to drive. You expect that you will be able to get food 24/7 and take it to your room in is customary at EVERY casino. So you gamble, drink more than you should and then attempt to get food. Not here. They have closed their entire food court and now you must pay a ridiculous fee and pay dinner prices and eat their buffet no matter what time of night. You also can not take it to go to your room and pay for that you must eat there which means if you've had a little much to drink thinking you were being responsible by staying the night, you are wrong. They will not allow you to pay to make a plate to take to go. You must get dressed not matter how drunk and pay their expensive buffet fee to eat dinner even though it is midnight at their buffett. I was trying to take a break form the real world and a little mini vacationa and no one wants to be tipsy and have to go to a buffet and sit around tons of people to eat. The manager was rude and offfered no other option including pizza delivery and said that if I tried to leave to get food they would stop me. I was a frequent customer to this casino and I am mortified by their behavior. I will be staying at Isle of Capri from now on, way to lose a customer. You can also be guaranteed that I will tell every Houstonian that I know NOT to go to your casino. Thanks for ruining a well deserved and saved for break and vacation for a person that really needed it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank sherryqsp
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Delta Downs Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Good morning Sherry – We apologize and are saddened that your time at Delta did not meet your expectations. Our food court is currently closed and undergoing a complete renovation, we cannot wait to open it back up so our guests can enjoy new food menus and a fabulous new dining area. During the food court closure Delta Downs has opened the Triple Crown Buffet under a 24 hours a day operation to accommodate our guests. Unfortunately, take outs on the buffet are not permitted and apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused during your stay. Food and Beverage management will be informed of our team member’s behavior for prompt attention. We hope that you come back to visit us, the new and improved Food Court is scheduled to be back up and running towards the end of October.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Pretty decent hotel to spend the night. A distance from the casino floor which is so smoky. Then have dinner at the vista restaurant. Excellent food and wonderful staff. The bread is soooo good and salad so tasty

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Babymar79
Lake Jackson, Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I visited Delta Downs for the first time this month. The hotel and casino were clean, staff was friendly, and it seemed to be a good value for what we paid.

Everything was very, very clean-rooms, casino, restaurants, public restrooms, etc. This is a smoking casino, I don't smoke and I have to admit that while I smelled smoke at times, the smoke wasn't a problem. This place is very well maintained. I was pleased with our room-a/c worked well, the bathroom was very modern, pretty and functional, and the bed was super comfortable!

Families with children may want to plan things for the kids-the hotel has a swimming pool and a "kidsino" game room for kids, but those only last so long.

If I had any complaint it would be that I was a bit disappointed in the pool (we had a child with us needing to be entertained), the website's pictures seemed to make it look larger, maybe a hot tub had been removed? Seemed pool was a little discolored or run down, it was clean though.

The casino has only slots (which was perfect for me) and they have a wide variety of machines -$1, .50, .25, .10, .5 and .01 We went during the week, and there were plenty of staff around for anything you need, and plenty of machines to choose from, I'm not sure how crowded it is during the weekend.

This was a bright, fun atmosphere, and like I said a good value for your dollar.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Patricia D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vinton
Best Western Casino Inn
Best Western Orange Inn & Suites
Days Inn Orange
Days Inn Orange
#4 of 13 in Orange

Been to Delta Downs Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!