“Worst place I've been to in a while.”
Review of Sandbar Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The entire place is dated and the chairs are like tree trunks, so big and heavy you can't move them. The waitress appeared sloppily dressed and a very alouf attitude. I ordered fried shrimp thinking that that is a dish that can't be messed up. Boy was I wrong. I have never had shrimp that did not taste like shrimp, but rather the inside of a very old freezer. They were tough, fried to death (almost black) and I could not correlate the texture to any shellfish. I am not picky about food, but I didn't even want to eat this at all. It was expensive too. For that price, it should be fresh shrimp that actually tastes like shrimp. To top it off, the waitress mixed up our bills, then the manager didnt know how to correct it. We gave up.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We lived in this area 20 years ago and were visiting just to see how things changed. Thank heavens the Sandbar has not changed the quality and quantity of its catfish. I have been unable to eat catfish since I left this area. The Sandbar catfish is the best ever. It has been a long time and it was worth the wait. The entire staff bends over backwards to make sure you enjoy your meal. The prices are good and the service is better.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

First of all, I hate it when your appetizer, salad and dinner are all served at the same time and it happened here. Our waitress must have just started and everyone has to start somewhere but in most restaurants, it seems that the practice is to have a new server tag along with an experienced one before they're turned loose. Not here. The food as well wasn't all that great. It wasn't that it was bad but certainly not anything special.

The good news is that although alcohol is on their menu, they actually don't serve it so we didn't waste any money on wine. Unless you are in a hurry or just like average food, I suggest checking around for other options for dinner.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The food was very good as was the service, It is not fancy, but if you like fried seafood (and who doesn't?) it is the place to go in the Natchez area. The portions are more than generous and the prices very reasonable.If you leave hungry it is your own fault..

Reviewed May 28, 2013

When we ate here we could not even get a beer. Supposedly they were under new management and did not yet have a license. The waitress was nice enough and prompt, but the food was poor. Although a generous helping, my wife's boiled shrimp could not even be peeled. When you tried to remove the peel, the shrimp fell to pieces. I've never see shrimp do that. My catfish was heavily breaded with corn meal and overcooked. Not the worst restaurant at which we've ever eaten, but I certainly can't recommend them.