“we plan to eat here regularly”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandbar Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Ocala Florida
“we plan to eat here regularly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband says, "The best seafood this side of the MS River". How does he get that? He always orders the same thing...fried catfish. Now that's not my way. Okay, I probably order catfish every third visit and it is the best ever. The coldest beer too! But I try to mix it up a bit, you know, oysters, shrimp, or the seafood platter. It is a wonderful. and if the oysters are too small they tell you to pick something else. Now that's hometown service!

• Visited January 2013

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Amazing see food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Service is amazing! Really receive attention, and gave us more than we expected. Atmosphere is cool with all that wood, massive wood chairs comfortable. And I was very surprised by the food! I ordered a salad with salmon, and a raspberry dressing: it's the perfect mix! It's sweet and salty, and goes perfectly with salmon. I def recommand it!

Visited December 2012
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Trust Trip Advisor!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Even tho the ratings weren't great we went! Fried green tomatoes (three slices) were hot but served on bed of luke warm sauce. Boiled shrimp way overdone and luke warm. Baked potato burned on one side. Fried okra hot and good. I think if something comes right out of the fryer you might be ok... Otherwise it is overcooked and room temp. Server was polite but we had to ask for cocktail sauce and never got our bread.

“Authentic Louisiana Cooking done right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

My family was recently in MS for my husband's family reunion. We decided to take a trip across the bridge to Louisiana to visit one of his favorite restaurants. The Sandbar. I was skeptical at first because the place was VERY understated. However, my opinion changed with my first bite of food. I ordered the Fried Green Tomatoes served with Crawfish Étouffée and I also ordered the Gumbo. The presentation was beautiful. The portion size was MORE than generous and the taste, well let's say the taste was sood good it had me walking around the parking lot trying to find somebody's momma to slap. SERIOUSLY. Worth the drive, the cheat on my diet and the rather hefty bill we racked up trying almost one of everything on the menu! A++++++++

2 Thank Alisonwalters
Houston, Texas
“Fried fish”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Just typical fried fish. Last time I ate there it was over cooked. The time before I had the grilled fish with a crawfish étouffée topping. It was so salty I could hardly eat it. It was late and they started mopping the floors with pine sol while we ate.

Visited June 2012