“Trust Trip Advisor!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Even tho the ratings weren't great we went! Fried green tomatoes (three slices) were hot but served on bed of luke warm sauce. Boiled shrimp way overdone and luke warm. Baked potato burned on one side. Fried okra hot and good. I think if something comes right out of the fryer you might be ok... Otherwise it is overcooked and room temp. Server was polite but we had to ask for cocktail sauce and never got our bread.

There are newer reviews for Sandbar Restaurant

Reviewed June 20, 2012

My family was recently in MS for my husband's family reunion. We decided to take a trip across the bridge to Louisiana to visit one of his favorite restaurants. The Sandbar. I was skeptical at first because the place was VERY understated. However, my opinion changed with my first bite of food. I ordered the Fried Green Tomatoes served with Crawfish Étouffée and I also ordered the Gumbo. The presentation was beautiful. The portion size was MORE than generous and the taste, well let's say the taste was sood good it had me walking around the parking lot trying to find somebody's momma to slap. SERIOUSLY. Worth the drive, the cheat on my diet and the rather hefty bill we racked up trying almost one of everything on the menu! A++++++++

2  Thank Alisonwalters
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Just typical fried fish. Last time I ate there it was over cooked. The time before I had the grilled fish with a crawfish étouffée topping. It was so salty I could hardly eat it. It was late and they started mopping the floors with pine sol while we ate.

1  Thank Michoward
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We had the thin catfish and shrimp. Both excellent! So glad the waitress asked if we wanted an appetizer----hadn't planned on it. Fried green tomatoes with étouffée! OMG awesome! Overall great food, service and atmosphere!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stopped here upon recommendation of Hampton Inn nearby. They recommended fried shrimp which was excellent, lightly breaded with that wonderful gulf shrimp taste. Very large shrimp which one does not seem to get anymore. Cannot beat this little hideaway eatery at bottom of Miss. Bridge, rustic clean. If hungry and traveling through or spend night, quick place to grab a good meal.