Oak Alley Plantation Restaurant & Inn
$102
$92
HIExpress.com
  • Pool
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel(Donaldsonville)(Great Value!)
$85
SuburbanHotels
Comfort Inn Donaldsonville(Donaldsonville)(Great Value!)
$79
$75
$73
Economy Inn(Thibodaux)(Great Value!)
$55
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbig houseslave quartersmint julepthe cottagesthe main househouse tourriver roadpecan piebedroom cottagefully stocked kitchennew orleansjacuzzi tubrented a carback porchbreakfast was includedbeautiful propertystayed two nights
La Mirada, CA
Reviewed December 20, 2004

We loved staying at Oak Alley. I think you would not get the whole picture of life there with only a tour. While you do not actually stay in the mansion, the little cottages were adorable and very well appointed.

Breakfast in the little restaurant on grounds was delicious and we met some travelers from Germany with whom we had a private tour early in the morning. That's another benefit, you get to tour when there are no other tourists there yet.

The one thing I would have prefered, however, is a larger bed. I know they wanted to use the antiques of the former home, but my husband and I were quite crowded on the full bed. Also, the Tempurpedic mattress makes it very hard to turn in the night, as you kind of "stick" to the foam. I might suggest they put a satin bedsack on the mattress. But our cottage actually was a two bedroom, so I could have slept in the other bed if I'd chosen to. The cottages were really cute.

Overall, I think it was a great experience, so long as you realize that a full bed is about the biggest you can get.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 5, 2004

Oak Alley Plantation is a lovely property, but I'm very surprised by the reviews posted here of the accomodations. After a long day of driving, my heart sank when the staff showed me to my cabin. Not only was the furniture old and beat-up, but it wasn't nice furniture when it was new. The carpet was old, threadbare, and stained. The cabin smelled so strongly of air freshener that I had to open the door and windows to breathe properly. My room was not overly clean - I swept up dust and a dead roach from the floor myself. Furthermore, I can't agree that the staff was friendly. All in all, I interacted with about a dozen staff members. No one was outright rude, but no one was friendly. Cottage rental does not include a tour of the plantation house, and when I got near the house, I immediately got quizzed as to whether I had tour tickets. After explaining that I had rented a cottage and was entitled to be on the grounds, I got stopped and questioned again by another staff member. The house and grounds in themselves are lovely - but if you're not prepared to stay in a facility well below the level of most bed and breakfast operations, stay elsewhere.

6  Thank trutripadvisr
Reviewed June 7, 2004

This place is amazing! The staff is the nicest I have ever experienced, they go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable. The resturaunt was fabulous (and the prices were not as bad as you would think at a major tourist attraction such as this). Staying here is definitely the way to go. Oak Alley Plantation is amazing, and if you stay here you can tour the grounds all evening, after everyone else has left. We watched the sun set from the porch of the main house. No words can describe this place......You just have to see it and experience it for yourself.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 3, 2004

Would go back in a minute. A few days just wasn't enough time but sure did a lot of sight seeing. Such a difference to any other place we have been. Who would think cemeteries would get so many visitors. Very interesting. Saw Ann Rice's home. Stayed at Oak Alley plantation and what a place!!!!! BEAUTIFUL. Such a nice , quite setting after all the "goings on" of New Orleans. It was like being "Scarlett". Planning another trip already.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 26, 2003

One of the highlights from our recent trip to Louisiana is the night we spent on the grounds of Oak Alley Plantation. We were fortunate to be the only party in residence. The tranquility of the grounds and the friendliness of the staff made our stay memorable. We stayed in Cottage 4, which suited our four-person party to perfection. Walking the grounds in the early morning light should not be missed. We enjoyed the convenience of being able to take advantage of one of the first tours of the main house. One minor note, we found the inclusive breakfast somewhat basic and unimaginitive in selection and variety. We will definitely be recommending this property to our friends.

2  Thank SnowGlobeKing